the Rift

a lack of symmetry;

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sulwyn

what is this world we live in?

Even as the hollow rattle of branches sounded above the mares' crowns, the shrieks and cries of the forest carried on in perfect harmony, uninterrupted. Sulwyn found that she was reacting in a similar way to her ignorant surroundings; her ashen legs did not buckle when the other struck out with her sword, and her steady gaze did not falter as a shower of needles fell all around. Boldness was not one of the mustang's most common traits, but she felt that stepping in for the lack of a grounding subject was the best thing for her to do. A shy and timid approach surely wouldn't help calm an aggravated beast.

"I am unharmed..." Came the exasperated reply, and the grulla consciously felt that her muscles relax at the unicorn's words. It reassured her to know that she wouldn't need immediate medical attention, because she was most definitely not a healer. Or anything, for that matter. The duo-toned mare wasn't given a chance to ponder over any future for herself, however, for the ebony mare had invited her to come closer.

"I see you now. I was only... surprised."

With a brief snort of disbelief at the flighty unicorn's words, Sulwyn set one charcoal foot in front of another, daintily brushing aside a cluster of foxgloves, and then continuing her trek to the startled mare. Now that she was up close to the creature, she was able to see clearly the billows of steam rising from her quivering flanks. Golden eyes ran over the tall beauty's body, quickly looking over her dampened neck and shaking legs, but pausing when they rested on her speckled barrel. The alabaster marks reminded the grulla of fallen snow, and she wondered momentarily if she would ever see such a thing at the Edge.

The grulla ran her orbs over the rest of the lean mare's body, determining that her wounds would not bring her to death's door, but hearing the words that followed the scan made Sulwyn think otherwise. "I was in mortal danger. An awful beast had concealed itself within the foothills, and tried to devour me. It seems I have escaped it, though." Casting a weary glance at the tendrils of foxglove and the other surrounding flora, the mare began to question the other's state of mind.

Was it the truth that flowed from those shadowed lips, or was it just some fantasy? Had the intelligible fae happened upon a wandering lunatic, or had said lunatic just received a fright? Neither speculation seemed to fit the situation, however, because upon closer inspection of the horned one's tone, the equine could pick out a hint of pride in her voice.

Was all of this just a game, then? Orbs that had just been looking to odd-colored ones now turned their attention to the scrapes that lined the mare's side and chest. She couldn't be as childish as that, surely! Who would purposefully get themselves hurt whilst playing a game?

In light of the foolish situation that the grulla suspected she had gotten herself into, there was still an injured horse in her presence and there was still the chance that she would return home with the towering child following. And maybe that was all she was: a dreadfully tall young child with a crooked horn that lacked all sense of symmetry. Not that the sun-marked mare was aged enough to label others as childish; she had been a young filly less than a year before herself.

As if to make up for the discriminating thoughts that had crossed her mind, Sulwyn let a small smile past her lips and murmured soothingly, "I am most glad that you made it out alive, then, miss. My name is Sulwyn, and I humbly welcome you to the lands of Helovia."

Messages In This Thread
a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-05-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-06-2013, 01:55 AM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-06-2013, 01:10 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-06-2013, 09:19 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-07-2013, 12:55 AM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-09-2013, 10:22 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-10-2013, 05:06 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-12-2013, 12:39 AM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-12-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-14-2013, 06:52 PM