the Rift

a lack of symmetry;

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sulwyn

what is this world we live in?

Listening to the maiden's words as she gave her name and mused over that of the lands she now stood in, the mustang found herself musing over her new find. Valka. Now that's a name that you don't hear too often. Not that I know many equines. It seems fitting, though. If I were to have a child that was as adventurous or as aggressive as she, Valka would be a fitting name. It was silly to think that the young mare knew anything about names at all. She hadn't witnessed many births in her old home -- she hadn't wanted to -- and therefore hadn't had the chance to witness any parents try to name their newborn children. Sulwyn had just been a filly herself then, and she was most certainly too young to think about children now. Or just too undesirable.

Her thoughts on children were quickly smothered when the horned fae asked if she lived among these very trees, earning the snow-dusted mare a tinkling laugh. "Sorry to disappoint you, but I live no where near here. I live about a week's journey from this forest, though." It was with slight hesitation that the silver mare offered, "I'm sure that my Queen would be happy to have you, if you'd like to accompany me there."

Sulwyn's raked her gaze across the lithe unicorn once more, trying to convince herself that having her join the Edge was a good thing. It was hard to do after she had spoken to the small horse about monsters chasing after her, but it was, after some inner debate, manageable.

Glancing at the twisted dagger resting upon its black crown, the grulla began to think about the damage that that horn was capable of. It could pierce the breast of oncoming enemies, which was a good thing, if there was war looming over the Edge; but that very horn could also stab the backs of her friends, and she was sure that this bi-colored mare was capable of treachery, if she wished it. She could only hope that Valka would show an obedient side; one that the branded mare could learn to trust. "Just know that traitors will not be tolerated inside the boundaries of our land, although newcomers are always welcome."

Messages In This Thread
a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-05-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-06-2013, 01:55 AM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-06-2013, 01:10 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-06-2013, 09:19 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-07-2013, 12:55 AM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-09-2013, 10:22 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-10-2013, 05:06 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-12-2013, 12:39 AM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-12-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-14-2013, 06:52 PM