the Rift

a lack of symmetry;

Valka Posts: 32
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3
tay
VALKA

The little mare proved quick to dispel Valka’s illusions. A week’s journey, Valka thought to herself. Her ears pricked at the mention of a queen. ”And who is your queen?” she asked on the heels of that statement. ”What is she like?” These things were among the most important. Valka would never bow to some dull creature, and though Sulwyn seemed tolerable she did little to recommend her home – except, perhaps, to act with a modicum of respect. Valka weighed that in her mind.

Of course, while the unicorn weighed her options, she felt Sulwyn’s eyes measuring her, too. Such scrutiny reminded her – with almost painful urgency – of the proud horn cresting her head. I should not consent to a life among the common things, she thought. They could not understand her, though their company may be a great temptation after months of wandering alone. Something deep inside her ached, though she wasn’t sure why – she had always been quick with decisions. Perhaps she was growing wiser.

”Just know that traitors will not be tolerated inside the boundaries of our land, although newcomers are always welcome,” threw in the equine mare unnecessarily – and earned a sudden, hearty frown. Valka’s ears flipped back as a sudden flare of temper burned within her chest. ”And do I look a traitor?” she demanded. ”Because I wear a horn upon my head? Because I am not a small, dull, common beast lacking imagination? I am no monster, and I will not tolerate to be treated as one!” Nostrils flaring, Valka stamped a hoof and lowered her head unconsciously – not enough to bring the horn to bear, but enough to protect the smooth curve of the windpipe under her jowl. ”I came to this land in search of family,” she huffed, ”a place I might be welcomed. Understood. Instead I am insulted with vague threats!” Trembling once more, though not with fear, she tossed her head and snorted. Hurt gleamed in her strange eyes, though she refused to admit the fact - even to herself. "Perhaps I am best served continuing my search - alone," huffed Valka at last.

Messages In This Thread
a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-05-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-06-2013, 01:55 AM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-06-2013, 01:10 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-06-2013, 09:19 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-07-2013, 12:55 AM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-09-2013, 10:22 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-10-2013, 05:06 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-12-2013, 12:39 AM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-12-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-14-2013, 06:52 PM