the Rift

a lack of symmetry;

Valka Posts: 32
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3
tay
VALKA

Valka lingered still though instinct told her go. The anger shuddering through her tired frame was raw, but the need running just as hot beneath it pinned her down. She listened in impatient silence as Sulwyn described the queen of the Edge – one who, at face value, sounded near ideal. Valka’s ears twisted in frustration; how could she know how much of it was true? How welcome she might really be? Another jab, less vague than the first, hung on the end of Sulwyn’s latest words. Valka answered with a sneer. You are small, she thought. And ugly, and untruthful. She should never have expected more from someone so unlike her, so… common. Ugliness ran through the nature of all ugly things.

”I find I am no longer concerned with how your Dragonheart thinks of me,” snapped the unicorn. She held her head still high, and gazed down her long nose at Sulwyn. ”Whatever dangers yet await me in the world, I do not fear them more than I fear blackening my name by making coarse, unworthy friends. So… I think this is goodbye.” For a moment, Valka tilted her long face and gazed in silence at the smaller mare – so recently a welcome sight, and now only an irritant. Perhaps there would be many others like her in this land. Perhaps there would be other lands far past this… Valka could not know. She only knew this marked an important decision, and she would not allow herself to be tied down again.

With an agitated flick of her tail, the big mare swept past Sulwyn and deeper into the woods, her footsteps heavy. I am not a child, she told herself, ears sweeping back. I will find my own way. Foolish as she felt, she must believe her path correct – or else run back and beg.

I do not beg, she thought too. Or regret.

Messages In This Thread
a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-05-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-06-2013, 01:55 AM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-06-2013, 01:10 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-06-2013, 09:19 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-07-2013, 12:55 AM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-09-2013, 10:22 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-10-2013, 05:06 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-12-2013, 12:39 AM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Valka - 03-12-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: a lack of symmetry; - by Sulwyn - 03-14-2013, 06:52 PM