the Rift

Refracted Emotion

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Such foolish things, these energies that drove one to behave in ways they could have otherwise controlled. I knew such things existed, and I knew that they were powerful, powerful enough to distort one’s view on the world – powerful enough to defeat the strongest warrior, or give mobility to a cripple. These emotions were dangerous things, and that those who laid claim to my bloodline knew more than most about their dangers – that is why we trained so hard to control them.

My defence, an impassive wall of apathy, sometimes misconstrued as coldness or disinterest, but if it were anything else than who knew what dangers would roll forth from my countenance on the whim of any given emotion. Within my breast there stoked a fire, a raging inferno that sometimes peeked out through my golden irises, oftentimes finding escape in Akaith’s hunting forays, however. It was all about keeping them at a level to control, letting off steam to reduce the pressure that builds up over time was normal, healthy for us.

My brothers, though they had each other, found it difficult to keep their equilibrium, even when the other was present to act as a buffer. They were so polar opposites that to see one of them unhinged could have dire consequences – the foul temperament of Madyrn was only sometimes controlled by the cooler quietness of Maskan, and should Maskan get lost amongst his shadows too long, it took great effort for the fiery sibling to light his way once more.

The sister we loved and cherished beyond all else was another matter entirely. Her mask was a varying act, something I could never accomplish, though my own façade was a soft of act, hers seemed to drop hints of the secrets she held within. I was ashamed of myself for not knowing everything about her, I hated that time had separated us for so long, that I could not spend every waking moment by her side. But I would still try, and we would always be sisters.

My glorious queen, you are hunting today, and though it takes your shapely bodice physically far from mine, your mind still grates against my own, I always do enjoy the sensation of never being alone – I am fortunate indeed, that fateful day that I found your egg, and protected it until you hatched for me. Sometimes I admit I grow to take your presence for granted, I forget even the bond that is now so a part of me I would surely die without it. Even so, I am still prone to feeling those dreaded waves of grief at unwanted solitude.

But today is different, there is no grief stirring within my breast, only simple plain curiosity for the happenings of the realm. You know full well that knowledge is all I yearn for, but even that today is less than usual. My neat blackened hooves take me to cooler climates, it makes sense to in this drought, and unknowingly I follow the scent of my beloved sister, Rishima.

It is upon the damp, soft loam of the Archway that Mirage pauses, her nostrils flared, her ears capturing the sound of a chassis meeting the ground. Through the Arch she walks, deeper in, concern now swelling up within her, though her visage remained blank, cool, not knowing what to expect it was better to have her guard up just in case. The lashing of tendrils against skin and dirt was rhythmic, the melting walls of the Arch adding to the strange beat – Mirage’s own footfalls falling somewhere amongst them all and twisting the melody to be one of the traveller she had become.

Pupils dilated to absorb the surroundings with more ease in the lesser light, and the pale outline of mane and tail, as well as the crescent shape curve upon the rump of the mare became more than just hints of her whereabouts. A deep nicker rolled from her gullet, but the shadowy one could detect the anger with ease – how many times had they seen their father give in to his anger? Or Madyrn fly off on a tantrum only to collapse in a heap afterwards? It hadn’t been so long ago that Mirage herself had felt the effects of their family’s tumultuous temperament, she was simply glad that it had been her to find her sister during this rare slip of one’s guard.

She said nothing, for the silence was more than enough, and walked a small circle about her sister, her presence as dark as any shadow, and as subtle as one too. Like her brothers would be a buffer for each other, these sisters could certainly do the same. Rishima had arrived during Mirage’s time of need, a time where her emotions had given way to a dangerously flirtatious dance, a time when her emotions certainly did try to instruct Mirage to perform far different things than the intricate steps she had woven that evening.

Mirage only hoped she could do the same for her sister.

Messages In This Thread
Refracted Emotion - by Rishima - 07-13-2012, 01:08 AM
RE: Refracted Emotion - by Mirage - 07-13-2012, 02:04 AM
RE: Refracted Emotion - by Merakerr - 07-15-2012, 06:25 PM
RE: Refracted Emotion - by Rishima - 07-20-2012, 07:48 PM
RE: Refracted Emotion - by Mirage - 07-24-2012, 01:37 AM
RE: Refracted Emotion - by Merakerr - 07-24-2012, 02:40 AM
RE: Refracted Emotion - by Rishima - 07-29-2012, 03:07 PM
RE: Refracted Emotion - by Mirage - 07-31-2012, 05:55 AM
RE: Refracted Emotion - by Merakerr - 08-17-2012, 01:46 AM