the Rift

two hearts becoming three || Valentine, Aiko, Open

Cherie Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Sunset. The most beautiful time of the day, in my opinion. The sky was always so beautiful at sunset, showing off all kinds of colors. But it was too bad that it didn't last longer, for soon was the sun gone beyond the horizon to leave room for the night.
I sigh and lie down in the dark forest, feeling the moss and soft dirt underneath me. My belly was pouting and aching a little, as my meeting with Valentine had went... Quite successful, I guess.
I was pregnant.
My pregnancy had went by faster than I ever would've imagine, though I was scared of what might happen once I've birthed the foal. Would I become a good mother? Would I raise it with a strong hoof?

I had never birthed before, so this was my very first time and I was afraid. During my childhood, I had seen a few mares die while giving birth and it had scarred my memory. I was afraid of death, afraid of the pain that the foal might give me.
So afraid, but yet I was ready.
Suddenly I felt the pain begin, felt the foal move inside me. Was it time? Was it really time for the foal to meet the world?
No. No, no, no. I chanted the word inside my head as I nuzzled my belly, trying to ignore the pain that became stronger and stronger. The night had almost fallen upon us and I was afraid that the animals in the forest would find me. Me and my foal.
Why didn't I stay in the Throat? Why didn't I go look for Valentine instead of coming here? The pain gained strength and I squealed,
squinting my eyes as the foal seemed to push outward. No...
I neighed of the pain and cried. It was too much. Too much for my petite body to handle. I wouldn't make it.. Slowly I laid down my head on the mossy ground and tried to push as hard as my body let me...

It was all over. The foal was out.

Tired with tears in my black eyes, I lifted my head and watched over my hide. The foal... Was it alive? With a gasp I stand up, turning around to look at my foal. It had to be alive.
And it was. I let out a sigh and smile, starting to lick the goo out of the foal's nostrils and mouth. My foal was stunning, but still I didn't know what to say.
Upon it's brow was a tiny bump, symbolizing that it was indeed a unicorn. But around the little bump, was a red heart against a white background. The edges of the heart was clean and it looked like the one Valentine had on his rump. It's coat was painted in a chestnut color, with the legs and face dipped in white. Her hooves though was bloody red and cloven like a real unicorn's.

My black gaze watched over the foal, and I noticed that I had birthed a little filly. A little daughter.
The smile on my lips got wider and I kissed the little filly's muzzle. She yawned and looked up at me, observing me with red-flecked black eyes.
"Hello, my daughter," I whisper, kissing the filly again. I lowered my head even more and looked into her eyes.
"My little Aiko Darleane."

ooc: <3
word count: 565

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo
Valentine
Everything has beauty
But not everyone can see it

The sun had begun setting on the beautiful day, the day my foal would be born. The red sands sparkled in the late sunset, giving off the heat of the Dragon’s Throat to the chill of the night. I wandered, looking for my ever-growing love. She was pregnant, that I knew, and I was overjoyed. For the first time in my life, I was truly happy, knowing that I was going to start a family, raise her with one that I truly loved. I stomped around, getting antsy. I couldn’t see her, and wondered if she had started to roam too far away from home.

I go to the boarder, looking out beyond the sands, trying to see her form somewhere between the trees. Nothing was in my sight, and I sigh. She must have gone somewhere, but she couldn’t have strayed too far away, being as big as she was. Steps I took down the red hills, moving till I hit the grass. I sniff, finding her scent hidden beneath the shallow dwindling grasses, and I follow it. I take baby steps, sniffing every so often, so I can find her. I move into the woods now, and I know she must be in here somewhere.

I hear I squeal then. I upturn my head, looking around. It was somewhere near by, but no close enough for me to find it off hand. Was it Cherie? Next there is neighing, and I know it to be hers. My eyes go wide, and I panic, running to find the sound, echoing my own neighing to let her know I’m here. Although I don’t know she can’t hear me. In my rush I almost lost my footing, and almost don’t make it in time.

The buckskin mare is on the ground, neighing in pain. Now I understand why. The foal comes out right when I get there, plopping to the ground in a manner that is graceful. Our first thoughts entwine: Is the foal alive? She stumbles over to her, sighing as she says that she is. I stand there, watching her lick our newborn filly, and listen to her call her by her name. I smile, a small one filled with happiness and pride.

I walk over, keeping my head tall, and I walk over quietly as to not startle the foal. I look at Cherie, still seeing tears in her eyes from the pain of her labor, and I nuzzle her. I look at my filly for the first time, and she is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Her chestnut body falls over smooth skin, her face parted with a white blaze and glowing black and red eyes on us. I know immediately that I am in love.

“Cherie…she is beautiful. Welcome to the world, my beautiful child. My Aiko Darleane, the most beautiful child I could ever have.” I nuzzle her, kissing her face and simply feeling her small body. I am so happy she is finally here, and I am so proud. “Listen to me. I will love you forever, no matter what. All the way from your beautiful pearl horn to your small cloven red hoofs.” I snuggle her, trying my best to convey my love to her, though I know she probably won’t understand that yet.

I look at Cherie again, and I nuzzle her too. “Tell me, how can I suddenly be surrounded by such beautiful women, when I never knew what to do with one such a long time ago? Get up my sweet love child; it is time to head back home. The night is upon us, and this is not a place for a newborn foal and an exhausted mare.”

walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Aiko Darleane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
You are my idea of beautiful

Listen, listen up. From now until my final breath, I will tell you the story of my life. With the walls of my mind lie all of the pain, suffering, joy and love I had ever gone through. Like every story, there is a grand beginning, and from there, I will start my tale.

My name is Aiko Darleane, born to my parents Valentine and Cherie as the sun slowly evaporated from the sky. They belonged to the herd of the Dragon’s Throat, but I was not born there. My mother had wondered away from the herd, into the wilds for some reason or another. She had started contractions then, and had lain down and given birth there. My father was able to watch my being born after he found my mother in the woods because he came just as a fell out of my mother’s womb.

You want to know about my feelings you ask? Well I will tell you. This is the first memory of life I have.

Warmth. Warmth, darkness, peace, serenity, movement, moving of the world around me. Then, suddenly, for the first time, I hear sound. I can’t make word of it, but there is nothing to make word of it. I move, and then there is light. I am being dragged away from my darkness, my warmth, and my peace. I feel panic for the first time
without knowing it, and then I fall. I don’t hit hard, but it feels like I did. I’m covered in something, and I look around to see it all over me. I look up and see another horse there, and I know her to be my mother. She’s beautiful, black eyes shining with tears and happiness as she looks at me. I yawned, tired after my sudden birth. She licks me, and then she speaks my name. Aiko Darleane.

My father seeps from the shadows after, and I get a good look at him. He is red eyed, almost white as my mother is tan, and he has a red heart I can see from left side. His own eyes look upon me, his own happiness sweeping through my heart. He talks sweet words to my young ears, and he’s earnest. My father, my inspiration, my everything; my mother, my best friend. Until their downfalls. But that is another story for a later date.

walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits