the Rift

The art of words [open,leader?]

Ignita Posts: 39
Banned
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 4
Pheonix
"Words were another sword for the man who wielded them well."

Numbers were gradually rising in my band but they were still small but already they knew there aim. They all knew what they were doing at the moment and know it was time for my part to contribute to there efforts. We needed more if we were ever going to succeed. No, I wasn't here to nick members of them, but merely offer a deal with the Basin, that would benefit us and them. Deep blue eyes scan across the land that lay ahead. Night had crept in and the day had come to a end. Green color's weaved in the sky like curtains being wafted constantly. The ground was scrapped across with small flicks of frost. It was kind of like my 'home', but mine was more plan.

I come to a lake, that reflects the green color of the curtains in the sky, and I dip my ebony muzzle in the water, slowly slurping it up. The water was cold but refreshing after my trek here, although it had not been that far or long. I lift my neck up, the end of my muzzle dripping water, and I turn my body round and stand by the side of the lake. I let out a soft nicker, not wanting to make a big fuss or worry that I was here, after all, I didn't intend to cause any trouble.

"I wish to speak to your leader," If there was anyone who could make a deal with me, it was the leader or, perhaps, a higher level ranked Unicorn. My mane and tail blow to the side in a slight breeze. I arch my head then throw it back, my forelock whacking against my glass horn that stood proudly on my forehead. Now all I had to do was wait. Wait for someone of this land to come, to answer my call.

[Rayo if you are to busy to replay it doesn't matter:3]

"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Nisa Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Actions | "Speech" | Thoughts

"I wish to speak to your leader"

The great bear lifted her head from her meal. She'd caught a couple hares earlier in the afternoon and now their blood stained her muzzle. Out of courtesy for her herbivore friends, she usually took her meals away from the herd, knowing the scent of blood was likely to scare or sicken them. It was a risk that Nisa was willing to take, for she was likely to stay here until Frostfall, when she would leave to the sea-ice in order to gorge herself on seal meat. She missed the salty taste of such prey more than she would admit and while she now held an obligation to the herd, she promised she would not go far, and would be within reaching distance should something go wrong within the herd, say they were attacked, or were making an attack.

Regardless, Nisa looked over at the stranger, her black eyes blinking in the darkness as she watched the mare drink from the lake and then call out for a meeting. Rolling her shoulders, the massive creature turned away from the half-eaten rabbits and came to see what the fuss was about. Chuffing to herself, Nisa suddenly thought of how imposing a picture she would make as she remembered that she was a part of a species that was both one of the largest land carnivores in the entire world, as well as the holders of the top of the arctic food chain. And she was the one who approached this mare. The bear would not blame her if the unicorn felt nervous at such a response to her words.

"I am called Nisa," she said, her black eyes scrutinizing the mare as the aurora painting the sky above reflected on the lake and cast a green tint on her white-as-snow fur. "What is it you want with my friend, Psyche?" The question was also an offer of information, an answer to a question that had not yet been asked, What's a BEAR doing here? and while she could not quite call the lady of the ice a friend, the unicorn had been kind enough to allow her to stay in the basin for the time being and such an act required a certain amount of loyalty, perhaps a debt to be felt and repaid eventually.

In any case, Nisa stood on all fours in front of the stranger and awaited an answer. ... or for Psyche to make an appearance.

Ignita, played by pheonix
Psyche, played by Rayo
Open?

Banned
Pheonix

Ok, I was not expect a freckin bear to turn up.

Although I was surprised at the bear being here I wasn't scared, nor nervous as the great beast causally strode up to me. "I am called Nisa," Dark eyes and Blue eyes meet. I wasn't even fazed at the bear. She was no daunting figure that toward over me and she didn't seem to want to cause any harm. "What is it you want with my friend, Psyche?" Psyche. So that was what the leader was called here. Psyche, a name I will never forget.

I dip my head in a slight bow to the Nisa, my ears quiet far forward. "Ignita," My voice is friendly. I wasn't here to make bad impressions in fact, I wanted to make the opposite of bad impressions, I wanted to make a good impression here. Now to address her question. To be honest, I didn't want to tell the bear while I was here. Did I ask for her, no. Ok, she had given me a nice greeting but why did she deserve to know what I wanted to talk to Psyche about?"It is just a small privet chat I would like with her. Nothing that important."

[Sorry bad post]

"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
THE PLAGUE
Psyche

Once, the cool air of the North had turned her blood to ice and left her desperate for warmth. Desperate enough to turn to the idiot stallion Valentine, pressing her bodice against his in the most primal desire for shared body heat. It had worked - she had grown warmer - and for a time she had been granted his undying loyalty. She had converted him to racism, or so she had thought. But when the truth came out, when she admitted that she did not care for him, she learned the most brutal truth of all. Stallions, she had concluded then, were all liars. They said all these lovely, pretty things to gain your trust, but if you did not do as they wanted you to, they threw it all back in your face. He had left, or been cast out, she could not truthfully say which, and he had gone somewhere else. She had heard tell that he no longer sought only the company of unicorns. The shade hoped that she would meet him again one day, so that she might tear his throat out.

As it were, he was not in the Basin that day, and the cold did not affect her anymore as it once had. Her pelt had grown thicker, and though it was not shaggy, it hung a bit longer from her bodice, providing a barrier against the arctic winds. It was not particularly cold inside her borders - in fact, the Tallsun weather had made it almost pleasant - but on the outskirts of her land, there was little in the way of protection. Mountains made up the majority of her borders, but the pass that led into the Frostbreath Steppe was a funnel for the chilled winds of the tundra. Snow lingered there still, growing heavier as she ventured forth. Her lands had blossomed into a dim, wintery green - it was summer here, though it was a different summer than they faced in the south.

It made them stronger, living in such conditions. When they attacked in force - and they would, one day - they would be the better for having suffered through such harshness. Frostfall would be the best time for them, used to the cold as they were. The other herds would be scrambling, shivering in the frigid winds; she alone would stand tall, shrieking a battle cry, crushing the enemies that were foolish enough to fight her. Her reverie was interrupted by the sound of voices. Able to, for a moment, listen to the conversation, she was able to place the vocals of Nisa, the polar bear that had accepted the shade's invitation to stay in the Basin. She had a deep respect for the predator, one that she intended to continue showing. A bear could be a valuable ally, and she would need all she could get. "Well, hello, darling," her lyrics rang out as she emerged casually from a clump of trees.

As she looked the newcomer over, she greeted her ally. "Nisa, dearest, it's ever so lovely to see you. I do hope you are well." Ignita was a dark mare, with no particular smell about her to mark her as belonging to a herd. She was a unicorn, with a spiraling, glassy horn. Everything about her spoke of darkness, and the Empress was intrigued. "Ignita, I believe you said?" she verified, then continued. "My name is Psyche the Dark Empress, the Lady of the Aurora Basin. You have my audience, and you may speak freely in front of Nisa. What is your purpose here?" Her vocals were cool, but they were not abrasive or cold as they might have been with an inferior. Instead, it spoke of a patience as she waited to hear the mare out.

"Talk talk talk."
CRUX
Image Credit
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Banned
Pheonix

Annoyance rolled over me. I had no wish to speak to the bear, at the moment and if I wasn't in a land I wasn't part of I, by now, would have told her to leave now, along with threatening words. Yes she was a bear but it wouldn't make me hesitate about slitting her Throat, right here, right now but a darker figure was approaching at a steady pace. The dark mare seemed to recigonise the bear almost instaitnly but a bear wasn't eaisly mistaken anyway, especilly in a land ruled by Equines, Pegasus's and Unicorns. It was not a bear world, not at all, and I wouldn't be surpised if she was the only bear in this land.

"Ignita, I believe you said?" I nod my head in response to the mare when she made sure she had the name right. She was the same shade as me, as dark as the blackest ink and, aswell as that, she had pratically the same marks. Four white socks, exsept her's were slightly longer then mind, and a clean blaze that but the blackness in half on our faces. She was also of the same race as me, with a dangrous weapon spirling from the top of her forehead. "My name is Psyche the Dark Empress, the Lady of the Aurora Basin. You have my audience, and you may speak freely in front of Nisa. What is your purpose here?" So this was Psyche, the darkempress of the Basin, a title surly told with pride. Her voice, although not the kindest, was most definatly harsh and impacient, instead, it was quiet the opposite. One thing that had anoyyed me though was that she would allow Nisa to stay at least (well hopefully) it means she could be trusted to keep a secret when she heard my plans.

I dip my head in a respectful bow, showing her that I was glad she was here and prepared to listen. "Psyche, a pleasure to meet you," I draw my head back up slowly, focusing on the amber eyes of the dark mare that stood infront of me by the side of the bear. I say nothing regarding the bear's presence here, if Psyche wanted her to stay, then she could. "I have come regarding us, The Assassins," I puase, drawing in a breath and holding a steady gaze with the mare."We have plans regaring the edge that I think you may be intrested in." I had heard of the hatred against the edge by quiet a few who lived here and im sure they would be more then happy to aid us whilst we rise higher, and they fall in a bloody heap.

Bla bla bla

[48 hrs, hope you don't mind me skipping you Loon!]

Image Credits

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
THE PLAGUE
Psyche

The bow of her head did several things for the shadow-mare: it showed respect, which was of course the most important thing. But it also showed weakness. Here was a 'leader' of an assassin group, addressing the Lady of the Basin. By virtue of her rank, she did not have to wallow before the Empress, and yet here she was, acting as though she wanted acceptance into the ranks of the Basin! The shade kept her facade wiped clean, though scoffing remarks colored her thoughts. Still, she would hear the fae out; she could never have enough information. Besides, what if she even had a good plan? It was doubtful, sure - but what if? And what if her plans gave the shadow-mare something that she wanted? Surely there would be no harm in hearing her out.

"The Assassins," she murmured softly, as though turning the name over on her tongue. She wanted desperately to make some cutting remark about how she had yet to hear of their prestigious group, but she held it in. After all, the fae had said something about the Edge. What it would mean to get revenge on the Qian! Even those who were not of the Plague would advocate that particular battle. And she had her own reasons for wanting to see them fall. "Forgive my saying so, my dear," she continued finally, "but I'm afraid I haven't heard of you. Now, either that means that you are very good at keeping your existence a secret, or you are very small. Which is it?"

"Talk talk talk."
CRUX
Image Credit

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Banned
Pheonix

I had choosen to totally ignore the lurking bear. The beast wouldn't dare strike when there darling leader was around, unless the beast was unloyal of course. I had things to offer the land and if Physce would consider them I am sure she would not want her little bear attacking me. I listen to her as she speaks, there seemed to be a pause in her words. It was satisfiying though. Weather she was thinking deeply about what the name could suggest about or just genrally thinking of something to say to me, it showed intrest. "but I'm afraid I haven't heard of you. Now, either that means that you are very good at keeping your existence a secret, or you are very small. Which is it?"

Numbers were small yes but they were growing rapidly and soon would be strong in numbers, if I had my way anyway. And for being serect? I did not care for it. The word 'Assassin' struck one's heart and soon I wouldn't be suprised if the rumor of a band of assassins being around speard like rapid fire but what they wouldn't know is who was in our ranks. I, as there leader, will probebly be most known and recognised as there leader whilst others like Tonka will most likely not be and so her could roam around without anything being suspected; unless he decided to be a complet idiot and give himself away but I don't think he is the type of stallion to go round blurting he was an Assassin. Instead he would probebly just go round and kill them without telling them.

Words soon left my jaw after the mares question. "I do not worry about is being known, those still under my command are clever enough to not go blurting out there an Assassin and so, the name might be known, but other's won't know who is a Assassin and who is just a outcast. As for numbers, we are growing rapidly." Hopefully my words would satisfy her qustion but now it was time to talk of the reason I came her.

"Now Psyche, do you want to hear what I have to offer you and your kin or not?" A crafty grin forms on my maw and my words are spoke with a sly, dangrous tone, as normal but they had a slight twist on them. "Help us take over the edge Psyche. Watch there leader fall in a bloody heap with you laughing at her and her pain. Help us destroy them and I swear that if I am succsful then I will return the favor, anything you wish." It was all I could do to persuade her to help us take over the edge and when I said I would return any favor I meant it and I would repay her.

"Talk talk talk".

[I think it has been 48 hours?]

Image Credits

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
THE PLAGUE
Psyche

Trust was not something that came easily to the Dark Empress. Perhaps one could blame her rather traumatic upbringing; perhaps it was simply in her nature. Nature or nurture, she chose not to trust what she had no proof of, and so this mare’s presence did not inspire any real belief in her. What reason had she to believe that Ignita had any significant band? Why should the Lady of the Basin believe that she had the power to overtake the Edge? Of course she would love to deal a breaking blow to the Qian. They had taken her home from her, forced them into the Steppe. Indirectly, they were responsible for the disappearance of her king. She would love revenge.

You can’t get revenge and keep a spotless reputation, but it was not something to rush headlong into, either. Many great individuals had been undone by a hasty attempt at vengeance, and she did not intend to be one of them. But this mare’s proposition came with many things to consider. If she was not telling the truth, the shade could turn her down and not give it a second thought; but if she was and she was turned away, it was very possible that an Assassin might show up to show their displeasure. While the jackal did not fear any advances that they might make, she did not wish to draw attention to the Basin, not when their own secret organization was hard at work.

And still more possibilities existed. She could pledge their help, though it certainly would not gain her any love among her followers. Perhaps if the Assassin band was comprised of only unicorns, she could convince them, but somehow she knew this would not be the case. Again, she was left to wonder what had possessed Ignita to approach her with such a proposition. Were there other ways to turn this situation to her advantage? Perhaps. That would be a question for her trusted advisors, and one she would address later.

Ignita spoke again, as though the shade’s questions had been expected. The Empress had expected no less. And she promised anything, anything at all. Was that a risk that the shadow-mare was willing to take? Would the Assassin follow through? She knew that if their places were reversed, she might not. Trust, as you know, was hard to gain from the Lady. ”You make fair points, darling, but I still cannot simply pledge warriors when I don’t even know your numbers, nor how long you will take to be in a position to attack,” she pointed out. ”I simply cannot give you an answer today. I need to discuss your offer with my General, and I need a timeframe. I will not say no - I’m sure that you know how much fun revenge would be for us – but I cannot in good conscience say yes, either.”

[OOC | Sorry for the very long wait. This got lost in the mix somehow. >.>]

"Talk talk talk."
CRUX
Image Credit