Invasion Round Four :: Closing Defense
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I HAVE BURNED MY TOMORROWS, AND I STAND INSIDE TODAY
At the edge of the future, and my dreams all fade away

Ophelia watched as if everything before her was occurring in a vacuum, decreased in speed torment the perfection of her mind. She watched as Murdock shoved LOCKET backward, and her bones jarred when her pearly horn met unprotected flesh along the top of his croup. Blood dripped down the tip, and she quickly removed the weapon before turning and lashing out at his face with her hind hooves. No impulse was met with her joints this time, so she turned quickly to remove herself from the fray and regroup. Immediately her two toned eyes latched onto LOCKET, but not before MURDOCK managed to take advantage of his powers of flight to overcome the delicate stallion. Two toned eyes watched, not interested in further destroying their opponent in this unfair battle of numbers.

What she did not expect then was her opponent to be equipped with such a strong power. What emanated from his body hit her like a shockwave. The strength that traveled through the earth from a single step off his hoof was supernatural in power, and she stumbled backward on her long, slender legs. Off balance and struggling to regain her footing on splayed toes, Ophelia's strange, dual colored eyes caught a flash of reddish movement, and she knew that without help, she would lay helpless at her opponent's abilities.

She reached out with her mind to embrace his own once again, cradling his memories and thoughts so delicately as she attempted to leaf through them all. Ophelia found a recent though that piqued her interest, and she reacted on the half-formed desire to go for her jugular. The mare immediately tucked her chin to her chest, protecting her delicate throat and turned her body to the side. She felt the skin on the back of her leg pull uncomfortably as she stumbled to the side, gathering her slender legs beneath her as quickly as possible. However, she had not escaped his well formed attack unscathed. Even as she dodged and tucked her chin, she felt his ivories catch the left side of her jaw, nicking the thin skin on her cheek. As the cut on her back leg coagulated, the one on her jaw bled, staining the pale fur with a symbol of her own mortality.

She took four, large, racing steps backward and then stared as the heavy breathing members of both sides began to come to a rest. What was the point of this mayhem? The large grey stallion, Tharos, had fainted before her eyes, leaving ARIADNE and LOCKET to be the only two defenders of the Foothills standing? And ARIADNE was not even affiliated with the herd they were invading! Jackal had set up the entire band for utter and complete devastation, and that was now what stood (or laid) upon the battlefield. Ophelia was not proud. How could she be? The Grey had only proven that they could demolish a tiny force without a leader. No victory was won.

Finally, she let out a bellowing cry, seeking her sister among the few remaining. Ktulu was also asleep on the grass, and Ophelia could not help but feel... a strange sense of unsettling in her heart. What were they fighting for? Finally, with a tight grimace on her lips, the alabaster mare jumped into the large group, pale tail flashing at her hocks and brushing against her small injury. "Stop." She commanded. Ophelia's strange eyes stared into each one, trying to find LOCKET among the group. "As the remaining fighter for the Foothills, I beg of you to surrender," she said clearly. "You fought valiantly with no leader to guide you and little to come to your aide, and no one will look down upon you for your understanding of simple and brutal logic. At this point, you cannot emerge victorious. Under no measure of reality can you hope to control what remains of your broken band."

Ophelia shook her head and winced. "I had expected a challenge, and Locket, you tested my skills like a true warrior. But you are only one drop in an ocean raging against you, and I... you are too skilled to be damaged beyond repair for a loyalty to a leader who is not even here to stand at your side now while you bleed for him." The alabaster mare's face dipped into a sorrowful expression, and she exhaled roughly through her gray muzzle. "If you do not hold such ill will in your heart for me doing what I believe is right to provide for my family, then I would like to extend to you an invitation to join our ranks. Though, I understand if you cannot - especially on such a day of mourning as this one."

Then, Ophelia regarded the Grey, her family. "The Grey," she said fondly. "You have made me proud beyond measure. I cannot be more impressed at my family and your abilities. You fought well, loyally, and though I know that taking pride in this moment is difficult, do not let your hearts be weighed. Reflect. Learn."

Heterochromatic eyes then sought Kri with apology. "Had I known the forces against us would be so few, I would have never asked you to leave your homeland. I thank you, for bringing your warriors to our aide, and I wish you a safe return."

[[(defense) - (899 words) - (2/2 magic) - (2/2 companion)
(Damage Taken: Bruise on right shoulder from Ariadne. Hairless scrape across right shoulder behind the first bruise. 3cm, bleeding nick on the back of her right canon. Nick on left cheek from Locket.)
- Uses her mind reading magic to anticipate Locket's attack on her jugular, but is disoriented by his war stomp. Takes a nick to the jaw instead)]]

Image Credit: haiinee @ sxc.hu

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Invasion Round Four :: Closing Defense - by Ariadnê - 03-09-2013, 12:19 AM
RE: Invasion Round Four :: Closing Defense - by Ophelia - 03-10-2013, 12:04 AM