the Rift

Invasion Round Four :: Closing Defense

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable
[Image: 2896539756_0a6f917f54_z.jpg?zz=1]

LOCKET

; there's nothing worth remembering anymore.

Locket snorted in surprise as she expertly tucked and dodged his attack with minimal damage to her jaw. Snapping teeth returned under snowy lips and green eyes widened as he tried to get his head around how she had guessed his attack. Sooty legs brought his charging pace to a halt, wincing as bruises ached in his body and cuts flared against his flesh. He turned to face OPHELIA with an unfathomable expression before his gaze looked to the rest of the battlefield. It seemed in his raging attack and use of War Stomp he had somehow managed to knock BIRCH to the floor, Locket grimaced at his fallen form and eyes swelled with sorrow. So many others littered the battlefield, both sides had taken their casualties, but it looked like the battle was over for the Foothills now as another comrade fell to the ground leaving himself and the strange mare ARIADNE, whom he did not know or know why she had come to fight beside them. Not that he was about to complain. A sigh escaped his maw as sticky curls adorned the saddened curve in his neck, they were too few and they had been soundly defeated. Locket ceased his attacks just as OPHELIA spoke, the stallion had done his job, but he wasn't about to die for a cowardly Leader.

More to his surprise she addressed him, begging for his surrender for a cause that was now clearly lost, though the act of giving up was often bitter the stallion had already realized the point of him fighting had gone. The warrior took in each word she spoke, dipping his head at her compliments with a gaze that was open. Slowly an understanding dawned in his eyes as she explained that she fought for her family, the ones she called The Grey. Locket considered her words as she now addressed her own fighters and others from the Throat, he looked at the fallen ones and then he tried to seek out the face of Archibald amongst the fray. The draft who had helped him become a better fighter and his former Leader. With wonder his head tilted at the thought of Archibald and what OPHELIA could have said to earn the allegiance of such a soul. Once more he looked to the ground, even though they fought on the same side, there was not one he knew well enough to speak to and it saddened him further. It seemed now was the perfect time to severe his ties to Jackal and once again stand beside Archibald and the admirable OPHELIA.

"No you are right. My job is to protect this land and I did all I could until defeat. I do not intend to die for a coward like Jackal." He offered a weak smile that spoke volumes of the nagging pain his injuries were causing him. "Your fighters must think great things about you, Ophelia of the Grey, for each was willing to lay down their life and their spirit never wavered even when their comrades fell. If you can put up with a hopeless vagabond like myself, then I think I will accept your invitation and continue to guard these borders." Gentle eyes sought out the form of Archibald then with a weary smile. "Maybe now this poor land will now stability."

With that he fell silent and accented lids closed over his vibrant eyes as tongue rolled around his mouth. Images of a sparkling pool entered his mind and all Locket could think of was bathing his wounds away.

---

[w/c: 596] [magic uses: 2/2] [Injuries: Locket sustains flesh injuries to right crest, left hock and back as well as bruising to left rump and chest.]
[Summary: Locket received no attacks on him from the last round. He stands in confusion and thought at how Ophelia anticipated his attack before surveying the battlefield and responding to Ophelia's words.]

Locket talk :: L = R

Messages In This Thread
RE: Invasion Round Four :: Closing Defense - by Ariadnê - 03-09-2013, 12:19 AM
RE: Invasion Round Four :: Closing Defense - by Locket - 03-10-2013, 05:56 AM