the Rift

Carving a Way Forward [VOTG pass, any god]

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon
Photobucket

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

His breath let out in jets of steam as he watched the Goddess of the Moon appear before him. Perhaps it was his history with gods that made it so, but he seemed to lack a sense of awe in her presence. Tio was, after all, a straightforward type of stud. He disliked groveling in any shape or form and much rather preferred getting to the point of such matters. Of course you would never think that with how much it seemed Tio liked to talk.

"Dear Goddess, forgive me for my familiarity. I do not intend to appear rude or pretentious, you must understand, from where I come from, the gods and goddesses there are much more dictatorial with how the mortals govern themselves. That is to say, the mortals don't. So forgive me for not bowing or feeling a sense of awe in your presence. I am used to the presence of gods." Tio thought it best to start out by apologizing ahead of time for his behavior, should she see it as an arrogant display and refuse him, he would be back at square one.

"My lady, caution is a wise thing to use when on the war path. I want my attainment of magic to be a surprise, an ace that I may use against my enemies when the time is right. Should any one know I came here, that surprise would be ruined. Besides, I have had my plans thwarted once before, I will not stand to have them spurned again. You may also take it as a testament to my own devotion to this path I have carved out for myself." He said, answering her first question as honestly as he could.

Shaking the damp chumps of his mane to have the locks fall on the other side of his neck, Tio decided it was time to get down to business. "But, I digress. I realize this is something you must have heard a thousand times before, no matter my reasons or the way I string my words together, but you see, I come seeking both guidance and... well, something else. I came here with the decision made, and I know what I want. I would like your insight into whether I made the right choice, and further instruction on how I can gain what I want. There were three things I had to choose from as I came here, one of them was the ability to shapeshift into a raven. In that form, I could fly across the sky, joining the mare who tugs at my heart in strange ways. I could choose love, but it wouldn't get me any closer to power and this would be a waste of both our times."

"The next item was a rat companion. A humble request, I realize this, but Rats are useful as miniature spies. I noticed once before that if you own one, you own them all, and beady black eyes and small ears hiding in every nook and cranny of Helovia makes the short life of my theoretical companion worth it. Also, I grow lonely and would like to have someone to talk to at all times. I could choose Companionship, and while it would help a great deal to know the goings on around the entire land, in the final battle, my enemy would defeat me easily. She has the advantage of aerial combat, and also has magic on her side. I am not so arrogant as to ignore the fact that she would crush me."

"Finally, and this is the choice I have decided to dedicate myself to, in my old home, there was magic in the land that seeped into the horses who lived there. It was not granted by the gods, but born into each foal who breathed in the island air. I was born a space bender, my power lies in controlling gravity and doing all sorts of things from that, like creating stars, and causing aurora borealises. However, the magic I had honed in my youth, was tied to the land and when it sunk underwater and I was swept to these shores, I lost that power. I would like it back. I realize that to ask for everything back would be too much to ask for, so I will only ask for this. Do you know of a way that I can regain the power to control gravity, the power to force a pegasus to land and even the playing field on my end, so that the battle I wish to wage is a fair one?" He asked, his head held high as he tried to meet her bright-eyed gaze with his acidic one.

Moon Goddess
-rolls about in excitement-

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carving a Way Forward [VOTG pass, any god] - by Catillatio - 03-09-2013, 08:48 PM