the Rift

Carving a Way Forward [VOTG pass, any god]

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon
Photobucket

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

Tio had expected something like this. Hadn't Phaedra warned him that the quests were hard. That was to say, they were different. He would have to be a fool in order to think that the gods would grant him power without testing his worth, or having him give something back in return. As a mortal, he had little to offer and while he hated the idea of being crippled, Tio was willing to do anything if it meant that he was no longer vulnerable. The dunskin, therefore, nodded his head respectfully to each of the gods in turn and watched as they disappeared. "Thank you, my lord and lady. I will use this time to reflect on what it is I am attempting to accomplish and will return only when I have completed the actions you have required of me." Turning his back to the shrines, the stallion walked back the way he had come.

The rain pouring down on his back and shoulders sent a chill through his body, although the tallsun night was warm and the rain felt good. He needed to get to a place where he could dry off and sleep for the night. The lock on his knee would hinder his movement quiet a bit and pain lanced through his body when he tried to bend it. His fluid gait turned into a lurch as he left the veins behind, hobbling forwards at a sickeningly slow pace. Tio was already beginning to hate his choice, no matter how much he knew it was necessary. He hated feeling vulnerable and while he'd felt that way before without his magic, now he didn't even have the ability to walk on his own without lurching forwards with each agonizing step.

He felt like a caged tiger, where children were poking his haunches with sticks and no matter how he lashed out at them and roared, he could not reach them from his cage. The same fury filled his mind as he stooped to rest and looked down with rage at his uncooperative leg. He would never let anyone know he was complaining, his face, which openly aggressive as he was alone, would be a stoic mask if he were in the presence of others. However, one gleam of hope did lift his heart a little. He would need a pegasus feather in order to complete his quest, and he knew exactly where it was that he would get one. However, even the prospect of seeking Phaedra out again, did not cloud the stallions judgement so much that he was unable to see that this would be a long couple of weeks.

Quest accepted. x]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carving a Way Forward [VOTG pass, any god] - by Catillatio - 03-10-2013, 11:09 PM