the Rift

Was This Fate That Brought Me Knocking On Your Door [ANY WELCOME]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

Nadira shifted through the snow-laden floor of the Aurora Basin. It hadn’t been too long ago she had come to these lands with Willow. And now here she found herself again: only this time, alone. She wasn’t quite sure the welcoming she would receive this time around, but she had felt a little mercy and grace from the Basin’s healer on her previous visit, if only it was because of her race. She couldn’t be too picky, as she had been searching for her own kind, and here they were. But at what price had she found herself at the doorstep of such a frigid climate. Surely she would be either one, growing a winter coat, or two, adjusting to the bitter temperature of the north.

She sighed heavily, as the elevation level was increasing and the oxygen intake was decreasing. Even the slightest amount, Nadira felt the acute difference in her lungs. Frost escaped her delicate muzzle and icy cold fingers curled their way through the morning haze to wrap themselves around her snowy physique. Her horn, like the rest of her body, faded into the scenery. Maybe here she would finally blend in and be less of a distraction. At this, she thought of Tharos and the Grey invading the Foothills. Surely the Basin would accept her, wouldn’t they?

She prayed her acceptence would be anything but based on sympathy, as she hadn’t grown attached to the Foothills. It had only been a means of shelter for the time being, before she really had a hold of her surroundings and where she truly fit in. But during her stay in the Foothills, she had been introduced to many kinds of the equine race in general. And so far, the wolf horse and Tharos had dug their way into a place she wished would just disappear. But one could not control everything, and maybe that is what scared her the most. Not being able to control the one thing that frightened you.

Sapphire glaciers pierced the fog and surveyed the land as she entered deeper into the territory no other specie would dare to. The only thing she had protecting her at this point was the fact she was a unicorn. And for quite sometime, she had felt she had been the last of her kind. But having arrived in Helovia, she had come to the knowledge that the unicorn was thriving quite nicely in this world. Though she highly doubted the potential of any of the unicorns who inhabited the Basin, to know her from her homeland, the world of Luster. A world created specially for unicorns alone, with the exception of other minorities who had made Luster their home as well.

Nadira wasn’t exactly sure what or who she was looking for. But maybe the one who was in charge would be a better aim than none at all. With stealth like precision, her flawless and silent strides carried her like a shadow on the ocean’s tide, only but a figment of a child’s imagination. Maybe if it hadn’t been for the invasion on the Foothills, she wouldn’t find herself venturing north. She preferred the warmer air, but maybe all that was needed was time.

She couldn’t stop thinking of Tharos, and maybe this was her way of protecting herself. But if she dared to see him, she would have to do that in secrecy. It wasn’t difficult to see the Basin thought themselves better than all the other races, and if that was the case, then all the more to put into practices her many masks and appearances. It would be time to test what she had learned in her human form, if it too would carry over and do her good. All she needed now was a new beginning. Hopefully the Basin had the answers.

ooo: I just read rayo's absent post, so this is now open. I messaged rayo about having nadira possibly join the basin.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada

[Image: 14uhyty.jpg]
Too many doses and I'm starting to get an attraction

An unsettling fog silently choked out the land, leaving the area he stood in nearly blind. The massive stallion stood alone beside a small cluster of dead, twisted trees and straggly looking sage brush. The air was still quite cold, with the help of the blanket of fog. If you strained your eye sight and looked into the shady air, you could make out the ring of sun shine attempting to cut through the dense air.

Crash stood straight up, all four large hooves planted securely on the frozen earth, his large head held low to the ground. Arah was gone. That was all he knew, all he had heard. Crowley and Arah had been the only two fellow unicorns he had met, each only one time. Croley had brought Crash Course to the Basin, generously giving him a home, but Arah brought a charm into the bored, lifeless brute. She had said they would be good friends, but to what extent? What had she wanted? This all wrapped around his brain, constricting each and every one of his thoughts for the time being.

The weary scent of an unfamiliar some how had snaked its way through the dense air, reaching the nares of the Vanner. Not much interest was taken into the occurrence. Of course he didn't know her smell, he was brand new. For all he knew, she had been here for much longer than Crash had himself. Not the twitch of a muscle or the blind of an eye. Nothing. He did not move. After a few moments of quick thought, Crash knew he could either stand in the cold all day, or go make something of it. No matter if it were just to go find a decent patch of grass. Or just a slow meander back to his lonesome cave.

With this in mind, Crash let a moist sigh roll from his lungs. The breath instantly evaporating into a cloud as it clashed with the sharp climate. The Gypsy lifted his head to a comfortable height, almost feeling as if the black and silver horn that crowned his head sliced through the air. Lethargic steps forward made him realize that he must have been standing in a solid cloud by himself, because as he moved, his sight became better and the cloud started to fade. Without picking his back hooves up all the way off of the rocky patch of earth, he could both feel and hear the dissatisfying scratch of the silver blades across the unforgiving foliage.

Each lazy step gained a good bit of ground, but he didn't seem to know where he was going exactly. Just following the scent he had caught earlier, he assured himself he knew what he was doing. As the smell grew stronger, Crash decided that he may as well put on a little more lively act than he was sharing at the moment. He lifted his head higher, making his thick forelock blow back as it caught a small amount of chilled wind. His deep blue eyes scanned the surrounding land, nearly missing a white mare. His heart nearly flipped at the first glance, believing it was Arah. But as soon as he gained his vision on the fellow uniquine, he quickly realized it wasn't her.

He considered turning and walking back to his gloomy hole of self-pity and boredom. Maybe he could just sit and think things through there. No, he was not going to become pitiful, especially for himself. How pathetic that would make him feel. Drawing in a deep breath of frigid air, he lifted his large, feathered feet, closing in on the ivory mare with a casual walk. "For a second there I nearly didn't even see you," he began just before he stopped about ten feet from the unknown uni. He hoped not to startle her, but if he did, maybe he'd at least get a good laugh out of her reaction. That aught to brighten things up a little bit.

Words:
Lyrics: "Bat Country" by Avenged Sevenfold
Image Credit

Please tag me in all posts.

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
Psyche</style></style>

The victor will never be asked if he told the truth.

Once, the cool air of the North had turned her blood to ice and left her desperate for warmth. Desperate enough to turn to the idiot stallion Valentine, pressing her bodice against his in the most primal desire for shared body heat. It had worked - she had grown warmer - and for a time she had been granted his undying loyalty. She had converted him to racism, or so she had thought. But when the truth came out, when she admitted that she did not care for him, she learned the most brutal truth of all. Stallions, she had concluded then, were all liars. They said all these lovely, pretty things to gain your trust, but if you did not do as they wanted you to, they threw it all back in your face. He had left, or been cast out, she could not truthfully say which, and he had gone somewhere else. She had heard tell that he no longer sought only the company of unicorns. The shade hoped that she would meet him again one day, so that she might tear his throat out.

As it were, he was not in the Basin that day, and the cold did not affect her anymore as it once had. Her pelt had grown thicker, and though it was not shaggy, it hung a bit longer from her bodice, providing a barrier against the arctic winds. It was not particularly cold inside her borders - in fact, the Tallsun weather had made it almost pleasant - but on the outskirts of her land, there was little in the way of protection. Mountains made up the majority of her borders, but the pass that led into the Frostbreath Steppe was a funnel for the chilled winds of the tundra. Snow lingered there still, growing heavier as she ventured forth. Her lands had blossomed into a dim, wintery green - it was summer here, though it was a different summer than they faced in the south.

It made them stronger, living in such conditions. When they attacked in force - and they would, one day - they would be the better for having suffered through such harshness. Frostfall would be the best time for them, used to the cold as they were. The other herds would be scrambling, shivering in the frigid winds; she alone would stand tall, shrieking a battle cry, crushing the enemies that were foolish enough to fight her. Her reverie was interrupted by the sound of a voice - it was unfamiliar, and she pushed her pace into a trot. Emerging from a clump of trees, she saw a snowy femme with the smell of grass and sunshine on her - Foothills. What in the world was she doing here? Immediately, the Lady's wariness of the situation heightened. Still, her gait was casual as she strolled into view.

The stallion that was present had the smell of her herd on him, though she couldn't say that she had met him. Perhaps he was a new recruit. Regardless, he spoke to the mare kindly - perhaps too kindly when they did not know what her purpose was. She would have to teach him. "Yes," she agreed with the brute's words. "You blend in very well, darling." Her voice was cheerful, welcoming, but her amber gaze was cool and calculating. "You are not from here, my dear. What is your purpose here?"

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

Nadira witnessed patches of ebony against the backdrop inching closer to where she was. Stopping and slightly moving to one side, so as to not be in the way, she picked up the tune that escaped the soul of a male and for the first time, in what felt like ages, a smile creased her maw. How good it felt to know she had nearly been missed. Elated by this fact, she let her orbs wander over the frame of the creature who had almost missed her. Of gypsy breeding, she concluded, with his monochrome coloring and heavy feathering. She half frowned and furrowed her brow, as his build was similar to that of Tharos’s. But she couldn’t let that fact weigh her down or get in the way.

The monochromatic essence of the unicorn would have replied to the stallion’s remark, had she not sensed another making her way to the duo. This dark creature had to be the lady in charge. It was hard not to miss the presence she held. It was the way she scrutinized Nadira. But the mare of white could have cared less to being so worked over. If there was anything to hide, she would be surprised even if this dark lady could wield it out of her. But it wasn’t something she wanted to dawdle in at the moment. She needed to find a place to relocate to and fast. The knowing outcome if she did not disappear now, she would be found and it would be harder to vanish as she had hoped.

In greeting, Nadira bowed her façade in respect, as she still could be considered a trespasser, and that would do her no good. Bringing up her icy sapphire orbs to gaze upon her greeters she let her calming lyrics drift on the northern breeze, in response to the statements made in close proximity of each other. “Your words are welcomed.” It was her way of accepting their compliments at blending in so well. At least, she took it as a compliment, but she supposed it could be understand differently and with different meaning.

Looking to the darker form, her inquiry as to why she was here would be answered carefully. She didn’t want any pity or sympathy for the loss of the Foothills. But she would like to be offered a place she could disappear to and get some breathing room, maybe permanently.

“I have come in search of my kind, seeing as the invasion of the Foothills was successful. I can no longer stay in a land that has been invaded by outcasts.”

She wielded her lyrics carefully, lacing them and stitching them together in a way to speak truth and to distort the hidden lies. When she had first arrived, Nadira had fallen into a comfortable hole, not having to watch her back like she had to back on earth, in human form.

“I am Nadira. I had accompanied Willow, the Foothill’s healer, here on busy not too long ago. It was then I realized there were more of us.”

There was a little hint of venom in her last sentence. It wasn’t for the reasons that one would think. She held her tongue as she had anticipated speaking her mind further, of how disappointed she was to find her race still in hiding. She couldn’t get past the truth that as a unicorn, it seemed that hiding oneself from the dangers of lurking shadows was a current problem even here, in Helovia. Had her kind not suffered enough when man chased her family to the world of Luster and then followed them there to finish them off? A burning itch that had fallen to an ember, now flamed with desire and passion she had not felt since her transformation. If she could not help her family back in Luster, maybe she would be able to use her skills here and help her kind, now that she was restored to her rightful essence.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada

[Image: 14uhyty.jpg]
Too many doses and I'm starting to get an attraction

A powerful black mare, standing taller than Crash himself, entered the scene; she used a silky voice to question why the mare had been here, a bit of venom biting at the question. Crash stepped back, taking in the full frame of the ebony mare. Her mane was laced with feathers and bones. Bones that he stared at for a few seconds, not believing what they were; teeth. The stature she held and the strength that seemed to radiate off of her left him with only one result: the mare standing in front of him had to be Psyche, the leader of the herd.

His white ears rotated forward as his attention shifted to Psyche. Even though she was doing nothing threatening and was merely a shadow in his width, he felt a pang of intimidation stab through him. "Lady Psyche," the stallion dipped his skull, as if he were bowing, in respect. "I'm Crash, I'm fairly new to your land." Crash knew he probably sounded like a kiss-ass, but what else was he to do? Surely he wouldn't start on the wrong foot with the most powerful being in the Basin.

The unknown mare finally introduced herself as Nadira, explaining that she was tossed from her former land and was now trying to find a new home. Being so new -and also in the presents of Psyche- he had no say in what would happen with this female. She used the term "more of us," making Crash feel slightly more uneasy about her presence. Who had she been accompanied by at her past home, and what if she were only here to possibly trick them into something. He relied on Psyche to know better than that. After all, if she figured out Nadira was only here on business, he felt that the ivory mare wouldn't stand much of a chance against her.

OOC: Dumbb post, sorry.
Words: 313
Lyrics: "Bat Country" by Avenged Sevenfold
Image Credit

Please tag me in all posts.

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
Psyche</style></style>

The victor will never be asked if he told the truth.

The stallion was one of hers, and yet she did not know him. Still, as he looked her over, she could see the respect grow in his orbs, and she appreciated this small gesture. When he introduced himself, she favored him with a slight nod. "I can see that my darlings picked well when they chose to bring you here, Crash. Welcome." With that out of the way, she was able to focus her attention on Nadira. The young white fae had bowed her head with respect, and the shadow-mare's suspicion began to fade. There was nothing threatening about this mare's presence, though whether or not she would be allowed to stay was another story.

Her words were vague, but they intrigued the shadow-mare nonetheless. "More of us," she had said. Did she mean more unicorns? Had she settled in the Foothills, not knowing that the Basin existed? It was possible, she supposed. Even so, what use had she for one who accepted that lifestyle? And did her words mark her as racist? Would she be useful in that regard? It was the venom at the end of her words that made up the jackal's mind. "Nadira, my dear, I wouldn't think of turning away a fellow unicorn in need," she said sweetly, the wheels in her mind turning quickly. "Crash, darling, I do believe that Nadira and I have a few things to sort out regarding her rank. I believe we shall take a walk. Do be a dear and keep watch, won't you? Nadira, walk with me, darling." And with that, she waltzed out of the Basin.

[OOC | Psyche departs, to talk with Nadira alone.]

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.