the Rift

When you're pretty.[Open]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Gaze found him and lingered, though Kaj didn't mind. When he had recruited before, he'd had strange stares then too. Many wanderers had never seen his species before, though equines were often more surprised than others. One had even commented that though Kaj being a pegasus had not been abnormal, it was his coloring that had been a shock. Kaj had never been very aware of his own looks, so he didn't mind other people saying he looked strange. Like a shy animal she moved closer, and Kaj smiled warmly at her in welcome. Her violet eyes flickered and a smile swept over her face like smooth honey, and though Kaj didn't notice the charm he kindly flicked his ears at her, lowering his head to be a bit closer to the smaller mare. He'd gotten used to his rather abnormal height, and didn't mind at all since she seemed so cheery. When she granted him her name, Kaj swept his eyes over her to commit her features to memory to match it with the name. "Scarter..." he breathed softly, rolling the name on his tongue to get used to it. Smile returning once he was satisfied that his brain had finally sat down long enough to remember it. "It is a beautiful name to match a beautiful being, miss Scarter." Kaj didn't necessarily mean anything by it, he was raised to be a gentleman and always compliment females. Making them smile, flush, or even just feel better about themselves made Kaj feel like he'd done something right.

She asked for his help and Kaj settled his shoulders a bit differently, stance open and visage soft and eager to please. "Of course, miss Scarter. If I can help, I will." Though he guessed already at what she would ask. Most new arrivals asked the same thing, after all. It was rather routine, but he knew that they had the right to exercise their curiosity and even anxiety when coming into a new land. Kaj absolutely loved recruiting simply because of that. Leading new arrivals, helping them learn their way around, letting them trust him to be truthful, it was something he loved. Being important, meaningful. So when the first question tumbled from her lips, he smiled to himself. "You're in Helovia, miss Scarter. There are four herds total here, and multiple bands. I come from the World's Edge, towards the West. To the South is the Dragon's Throat, a herd mostly of pegasi like myself. To the East, the Windtossed Foothills. They were recently taken over by a band called the Grey, I believe. North is the Aurora Basin, whom only accept unicorns such as yourself," he explained in a deep, patient rumble. He may have spoken a lot, but it was important information, and he doubted Scarter would be upset considering she'd been the one to ask. However her comment struck him out of the blue and he blinked soft azure eyes at her, dumbstruck. He'd never been complimented on his coloration before. In fact, he didn't know how to really react because of it. "I...well, thank you miss Scarter. You have quite the stunning color as well," feeling awkward if he didn't return the compliment somehow. Though he guessed he already felt a bit flustered by the fact that she'd found something attractive in him, even in a small way. He'd never received a compliment, really, and decided to cherish it the best he could.

---
Notes: Oh golly that sucked ;____;

Messages In This Thread
When you're pretty.[Open] - by Scarter - 03-10-2013, 08:13 AM
RE: When you're pretty.[Open] - by Kaj - 03-10-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: When you're pretty.[Open] - by Scarter - 03-12-2013, 04:17 PM
RE: When you're pretty.[Open] - by Kaj - 03-12-2013, 08:21 PM
RE: When you're pretty.[Open] - by Scarter - 04-03-2013, 06:14 PM
RE: When you're pretty.[Open] - by Kaj - 04-05-2013, 03:26 AM