the Rift

Light My Way [moved]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
RISHIMA:
When Mirage told me that the moon walked upon the earth in this strange land, I did not at first believe it. The idea that she, the Lady of the Moon, my own mother, would wander the land.... it both scared and excited me, filling me with elation. I could still dimly recall seeing her, all those years ago, when I was born in the desert, a child of moonbeams and sand. My family would always be my family, shadow and fire of the moonlit oasis, but she, the moon, she was my mother, and I wore her mark upon my hide with the utmost pride and devotion. I had traveled miles and years... and now, to find a land where she lived... it was almost too much to believe.

I followed the trail that wound its way to her altar, shivering in the cold night and gasping as the great volcano came into view. Anticipation made me shiver, excitement picked up my steps; quick and silent, I made my way up; until I was there, looking at my shrine. The home of my mother.

I let my head drop in respect, silvery mane falling about my face. "Mother," I whispered into the night. "I beg of you, come to your daughter on this evening. I have missed you."

GODDESS OF THE MOON:
The stars above you begin to dance and twirl.

A purple shape forms in the night sky, mirroring Rishima's equine body, but graced with flowing wings. The stars swirl around her form as she appears to pull her body directly from the darkness - a deep lavender hue. Silver eyes open to look at the mare bowing her head below, and a silver threads splash away from her nape and face with ecstatic energy. The stars bands together to form silver tips on her purple feathers, shining brightly.

Then, she falls. Gracefully, of course, down toward the earth. Her speed is quick, her movements fluid. Slowing as she nears the glowing volcanic islands, the lady appears in front of the girl who the Goddess thinks may be a bit delusional.

Silver hooves click on the ground, a light tap in the night. With a sway of girlish hips, the Moon God walks toward you, folding her wings gently on her back. "Welcome, child," she says, her voice a cool whisper into the night air. "What can I do for you?"

RISHIMA:
I could do nothing but stand in awe as she appeared, materializing out of the air into a figure more breathtaking than I could have imagined. She was beautiful - but I had expected nothing less. Her voice tickled my ears and made me smile, soft and sweet like the star's whispers. I stepped back to let her land, dark form mirroring her lavender one.

Now that I was here, what would I ask? I wanted to know the secrets of the universe, the truth behind all the mysteries I had encountered during my travels. Where did the sun go when it vanished behind the mountains? Where did magic come from? Why could horses grow wings, but not wolves and otters? What became of us when we died? So many questions, and yet looking at her, I doubted she would give me the answers. I was a mere mortal, left on earth to fend for myself.

"I would that you could tell me of the world's secrets," I replied, deep voice low and respectful, "Yet I cannot help but suspect I must learn those for myself." I smiled ruefully, awaiting her judgement of my desire, expecting refusal.[/b]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Moon
Cloaked in darkness and wind.

"Even I know little of the world's secrets," the Moon God says with a coy smile. The lavender mare slinks a little closer to her visitor, looking more carefully at the black face before her. The features were similar to another black mare she had met - Mirage. Pupil-less silver eyes seem to swirl as her attention pulls tighter, her expression searching. "I watch over the night and sing in the winds, gathering some secrets yet never knowing others."

"As your sibling is a dear ally of mine, Rishima, I will aid you if I am able," her voice is cool and calm, demeanor detached. However, there is a slight hint of trust in those swirling liquid pools framed in lavender. "What does your heart seek?"

I suppose I shouldn't care that she cannot give me all the answers. I knew when I asked that it was a foolish request, that she would likely refuse me, but somehow the fact that she did not tell me because she did not know was disappointing. Still, I dismissed the feeling quickly, chiding myself for doubting my idol. The moon could only shine part of the day; even she could not watch everything, could not know every secret. As she examined me through her silver eyes, I stared right back, black eyes reflecting her luminescent figure. I did not move as she neared me, although an involuntary shiver ran through my ebony frame. She mentions a sibling who is her ally, and I smiled in response. She mus be speaking of Mirage, my devious little shadow. My silver tail flicked in response to her promise of aid, appreciation and pleasure running through me.

But what did I desire? So much - and yet so little. I paused and lowered my eyelashes, deep in thought. Finally, raised my eyes to her again. Shifting my weight, looked into her deep silver gaze. "I seek from you acceptance, and to be your student. My heart desires to learn under you, Lady - to learn about the secrets of night, and the magic you command. Let me be your acolyte, that I might use that knowledge to help my siblings, my friend, and the other people of this land."

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Moon

Silver eyes swirl around as she looks at the black mare with interest. The lady knew that her brother had taken a child to be his pupil, and this one wanted the same honor. There was little that she could teach this mare, the Goddess thought as she watched her silently for a moment. Perhaps she and her sister thought too much of the Moon, but she could not disappoint so easily. There was always a chance that the God could teach her mortal followers something.

The Moon was not a natural teacher like her brother Earth.

"Very well, Rishima," she says, finally. "You may study under me if you wish." The lady looked at the mare with a strange expression on her cool features, mimicking a bit of what mortals might think anxiety. Soon, though, it gave way to confidence. "Which art piques your interest more - that of the dark or of the wind?"

The Lady's acceptance filled me with elation, for fear had been creeping into my heart. Her silence had left me anxious, and as I stared back at her pupilless eyes I could not help but worry that I had overstepped my bounds. I fought the urge to shift my weight, and cursed the small tick in my right shoulder that betrayed my uncertainty. Were the Lady to deny me, I would have to accept that, I told myself.

But the relief I felt when she did accept me was nonetheless enormous. My face broke into a smile, dark eyes lighting up in pleasure. "Thank you, Lady," I replied, voice rich with appreciation. "I will do my best to make you proud." I missed the anxiety that crossed her face, and only heard her next inquiry. For a moment, it gave me pause; but that moment passed quickly as my mind made itself up. "Dark," I replied confidently - for darkness is not evil, as I have found so many believe, but beautiful and mysterious. I have ever been a creature of darkness rather than wind, anyway.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Moon

A coy smile plays across the lavender face of the Moon Goddess. "Darkness will be your course of study, then." The lady knew much of what some would call evil magic. However, this mare before the God seemed to understand what most ignored - darkness played on mystery and the unknown. It was not the art itself that was menacing, but mortals tended to fear what they did not know.

"Your first lesson will be under the moon of the Heavenly Fields in two days time. Meet me there."