the Rift

Cast a shadow[open]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
All who came to this territory looked for either one of two things, recruitment opportunities, or to be recruited. Very few people simply passed through these lands for the joy of passing; the Threshold was a mysterious place-- complete with wondrous escapes and hidden dangers. Today was like any other, my point for being among the lost was to assist with finding. I would have our numbers back home swell to bursting, considering recent deaths and wars threated to minus the sum. My sun dipped wings lay harmlessly across barrel, shoulders relaxed and steps motivated enough to not be sluggish. The trail I walked upon was well worn, complete with scents of strangers and fellow clans. Bits of sun blazed through the thick canopy above me, marking my ebony back with scattered golden rays.

Metal bounced against a battle honed chest with each footfall, the soft thumbing had become so part of this body that I barely noticed it anymore. Considering that I rarely removed the collar, it seemed only natural that it became like a second skin. The alloy was surprisingly comfortable even—my lord had made this collar light as air, and breathable, so that the hair beneath didn’t simply wilt away overtime. It felt like the plates very nearly carried themselves, not once rubbing or chaffing the tender spots of my neck. Magic kept the alloys pristine looking, but I often borrowed bits of leather around the Throat and polished on occasion.

Fina flew overhead, her evening colors shinning nearly as bright as the sun and vibrantly as a wildfire. My gaze often drifts up, simply out of admiration. Her bright teal eyes catch sight of something ahead, after a moment she sends mental images of a hooved lady dressed in cloudy grey, her face harboring horns. Apparently my little bonded took to landing uptop a tall pine, and did so rather ungracefully. The stranger was startled and the next image I receive is one without warmth, “Hello?” and of course the mischievous fledgling can’t resist not answering.

My girl chirps humorlessly before bursting from the trees with a loud screech. All before I have the chance to enter the scene. Quietly and with quickened step I approach the pair, pushing past trees only to meet a set of pale orbs that possibly weren’t pleased with Fina’s games. Innocently the firechild banks and aims to rest on my spine, “Apologies, ma ’lady. She is yet young and doesn’t fully realize the consequences of startling people,” trying to rectify the harmless prank I push out an easy smile to show my good will, all while firmly instructing Fina through our bond to remain silent, “Are you new to Helovia?”
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Cast a shadow[open] - by Rhea - 03-10-2013, 10:18 PM
RE: Cast a shadow[open] - by Midas - 03-11-2013, 01:56 PM
RE: Cast a shadow[open] - by Rhea - 03-11-2013, 09:31 PM
RE: Cast a shadow[open] - by Midas - 03-12-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: Cast a shadow[open] - by Rhea - 03-17-2013, 07:36 PM
RE: Cast a shadow[open] - by Midas - 03-19-2013, 03:06 PM
RE: Cast a shadow[open] - by Giselle - 04-14-2013, 05:20 PM