the Rift

Time to Heal || Edge Healers, Injured

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

With speed and haste the dragon flies, back towards the borders of the Foothills. She had felt the shift in the atmosphere, the stench of battle thick in the wind, the cries of pain as they echoed across the land. It is hopeless, she knew from the start, from the time when Jackal did not show, that the Foothills would be under new management. But she would do what she could, what she must, just as Kri had. The Foothills, at least the former residents of the Foothills, had been her allies, and she would stay true to that alliance - as true as politics allowed her to be.

The golden queens flew over the lands, wings beating with fierce determination, bodies glistening as the tumbled over the lands, their shadows moving as swiftly as arrows beneath them. She flew to the eastern edge of the lands, to where the battle had been fought. What a long day it had been - she was grateful to have wings, though she was growing weary of her dragon form - the constant hunger, and thirst for blood grew tiresome to ignore after a while. But she was well practised at remembering she was an equine first, at least. When she landed, it was with the care of one who knew borders of herdlands were there to be respected.

She let out a dragon's call, a deep, melodic sound that greeted her allies from the Throat, and enquired at the situation before her at the same time. Oh, how she hoped none had lost their lives - she blinked once at the memory of the fallen hybrid beast, crumpled, drained of life, dead upon her borders. Blood seemed to make the air heavier, more humid, the predator's nostrils that were upon her muzzle drank the stench in with pleasure, though her mind reeled with distaste at the natural reaction of her body. No, she would not feast on the spilt blood today.

Torasin would already be on his way, she was sure - he had responded to her call before and she would again now. Her voice broke through the grim silence that had settled over the battlefield.

"I am Mirage of the World's Edge, I come with Healers to aid in staunching the flow of blood from wounds." Akaith trills above her, spying at least one other dragon in the distance, and hoping Torasin and Kiba were not far behind them. The WeyrLeader had done all she could do for now, for it was too early to talk of politics - no, now the battlefield would be a stadium for the healers to show just how gifted they really were.

[ Posting order is a lie.
Healers of all kinds welcome. All injuries are welcome. Leaders are welcome to chat to Mirage if they want to do that now, otherwise we can make up another thread for that. ]

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi
[Torasin will care for those with the most critical injuries first.]

Torasin</style>
World's Edge Moon Doctor
Would you love me a loser or winner?
</style>

War was a bitter word. To some it seemed like a great an honourable thing to do when faced with adversity, others just saw it as a way to boost their ego. The golden stallion moved at a swift pace through the trees and emerged swiftly alongside weathered mountains that towered far above him and with haste he moved into a canter. Gentle eyes scouted the horizon, his brown companion would have to catch him up later as he had been left in charge of notifying others. The little dragon had left his bonded's side with a worried face, hoping his hoofed companion would be okay travelling to the battlefront on his own. However the duty was clear to Torasin of the World's Edge, Mirage had called him to heal the injured, the Moon Doctor was on no ones side. He simply wanted to help those in need, to put his training into good use and above all else; save lives.

Trees scattered his path again and the entrance into the Foothills opened up before him, the rolling hills looked almost eerie against the backdrop of scattered bodies. Torasin's heart sank as he carefully made his way over the rocky footing, the sun had grown high and was now beginning to sink into as the afternoon wore on. The scene reminded him of the past wars he had been apart of, three of them and two more bloody than the other. He remembered Onni's gentle mind as she healed his wounds he had been given to nothing but an aching memory and he now went to the aid of others just like she had.

Hooves came to a halt and he looked out across the ruined land tarnished in crimson, sadness in his eyes but a friendliness in his stance. His gaze managed to see past the carnage then and spot the gleaming, golden form of Mirage the DragonHeart and her equally gilded companion Akaith, he listened to her announcement with a nod and made his way forwards so he could address them as a healer. "I am Torasin, a healer, I wish only to help the wounded. I am no enemy to any of you." He announced. His voice strange in it's refined tone in such a harsh scene. Deliberately he left off his title of Moon Doctor, in case any had prejudices against the Moon goddess, he was here to save lives; not argue. The stallion wasn't sure if all of them would trust him, he only hoped they weren't foolish enough to challenge his word in such a disorientated state. Besides, he knew one or two of them, Kri of the Throat was not hard to miss and Ktulu he had met once before, but she looked much worse for wear since the last time he had seen her.

The stallion walked into the aftermath with a business like movement, eyes roving over each horse and taking in injuries as fast as he could, noting he would most likely be exhausted by the end of the day. There was a mixture of scents the stallion noticed, outcasts among the Foothills and Throat warriors amongst the Grey, though the former looked to have been poorly outnumbered. He sighed and banished all thoughts, putting on his hat as Moon Doctor.

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
cliff image by John and Tina Reid at gettyimages.com

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The sharp, but dull tear of a knife within her gut had her wishing she could vomit. She had experienced that relief as a mortal, and now it would have come in handy. The sight of Tharos lying still on the battlefield wrenched her heart clear from her chest. The fluidity of her motion made even an eagle’s glide seem choppy as the breakneck acceleration was nearly blinding. The bloodless figment was a blur as she had raced to the stallion’s side. Quickly accessing his wounds, she knew she didn’t have too much time and she hoped Torasin would be able to help, for she had not quite completed her schooling under Willow.

Without hesitation, the delicate mare raised her dial to search out the healer she had recently just met. Unfortunately, these circumstances were not in anyone’s favor, and the assaulting of her heart against her chest severed her emotions. All Nadira could think of was protecting Tharos from herself. She was trouble, but would never let on to it. The alabaster unicorn knew he would be better off if she would find another herd to call home. She had her options, but one stood out like a sore thumb compared to the others. The sting of a tear trickled down her jowl as the scenes of the battle played out before her. Had she of known… she would have led Tharos to the Edge instead of the Foothills. And yes, she would blame herself for this. She couldn’t let herself be caught up in something that was eventually not going to work out.

Thoughts of the walk home from the Threshold and how he had acted and spoke around her had her thoughts reeling with horrors of her past. How had she managed to get herself into such a mess. Was this fate’s way of laughing in her face? And for what? Nadira had only done what Mother Nature had wanted, and now they had sent her an incarnation of her past love. How could they, this was just cruel and she was not about to tolerate it. She would only stay long enough to see he would make it and then she would disappear and hope and pray to the gods he would forget her.

She had hoped by coming to Helovia, she could be invisible, but quite the opposite had happened and now look where it had gotten her. She gave a loud cry for Torasin, seeing as the comatose stallion could not speak for himself. She hoped Torasin would recognize her. It was a long shot, but one could only hope. She was jelly legged herself from watching the invasion, keeping her gaze glued on Tharos. And when she couldn’t go to his side immediately, she had become sick and nauseas. She didn’t know how much longer she could stand without collapsing herself.

“Torasin!” The mare waited until the doctor was within earshot before she continued. “Can you help him? I know it will take a lot out of you, but…” She trailed off as she glanced at Tharos who was unconscious because of his battle wounds and hoped Torasin would be able to do something, seeing as she had been stripped of her title and had not even finished her apprenticeship under Willow. She looked to Torasin with pleading eyes. Inside, the ravaging war within her was screaming never to let this happen again. That she would no longer allow herself to be put in these circumstances. It hurt too much and the cost was always greater than what she could bear.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Tharos Posts: 37
Banned atk: 5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hands :: 9 years old HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

You're only North Star I would follow this far...

Actions | "Speech" | Thoughts

The fitful rise and fall of Tharos's side was an indicator that his life had yet to ebb. The stallion, despite being a foolish warrior, was a strong-willed fighter in the end. He had too many things going on to leave them all behind. To hide from the possibility of death, Tharos's mind had plunged him into a dream. He stood on the soil of his old planet. The monochromatic land was pensive in it's emptiness. Puddles of silver liquid littered the ground. Tharos knew that, if disturbed, these puddles would become alive. For fun, he stepped in one to see what would happen. The liquid shivered and collected itself into a large ball, rising off the ground to float at eye level with him. He smiled and blew at it with his nostrils and a ripple passed over the surface of the ball. The resulting wind pushed the ball away from him and it floated off on it's way to find a quieter place to pool.

Feeling at least 5 winters younger, the stallion trotted after it. The density of the planet's gravity acted on him in such a way that he almost had difficulty moving his legs. He had grown out of practice with it's force, as it'd been almost a year since he'd last been here. Rising the crest of a stone hill, he slowed to a stop and looked up at the vastly different map of stars and the two moons floating in duality. The arms of a nebula painted the sky in pinks and oranges, lending color to his otherwise monochromatic life. Taking a deep breath, the stallion felt a sense of security overcome his heart, it was the feeling of being home.

"Tharos!" He pricked his ears at the sound of someone calling his name and he turned to see the young grullo filly he had spent some time around rearing back on her hindlegs with a playful laugh. As the goddess of space in his homeland, her company was more than welcome and humbling in it's own way. Smiling, Tharos tried to create a star for them to play with as a ball, but his power failed. He wondered why, before he realized something. This was a dream. His heart sank a little, but the filly did not seem downhearted. Catching onto his sadness, she created two stars and sent one zooming towards him in a shower of sparks. The ball of burning light crashed against his shoulder and pain lanced through his body as the injuries in his side were hit. Stumbling aside, he glared at her with mock fury before he sent the star back at her and the play fight began.

It was moments like these that made my life worth living. The Filly Goddess was playful and kind and the times when she visited me alone on my planet, were the moments of light in my dark world... He thought as he went through the actions of the snowball fight played with stars. As he played, the scene slowly faded into a backdrop as he became half-asleep and was aware of his body laughing and running across the surface of a planet he once called home, as well as the hard ground stretching out under his body as he lay where he had fallen. Eventually, the pain of his wounds caught up with his mind and chased off the last traces of his dream.

Blinking open his silver-blue eyes, the stallion looked up out of the corner of his line of sight at Nadira calling for Torasin. He could hear the terror in her voice and wondered if she was that afraid of losing him. His heart twisted, with pity. He had not meant to put her through such heartache. weakly, the stallion raised his head and nudged the pink of his muzzle against her leg. Without saying anything, he let his head drop to the ground again, although he gave her a look full of affection. He wanted to tell her the truth, but he could not find the words. Besides, they'd just met the day before, how could he, in clear conscience, tell her something like that without getting to know her. How could he say "I want to stick with you for the long-haul" if he could not honestly say he knew her.

He wondered if his behavior before had pushed her away rather than pull her closer to him and fear pierced his heart as he thought she might want to leave him here. He hoped that wasn't true, though the thought wouldn't leave him alone and he suddenly couldn't think of life without her there. His expression was a mix of emotion as he looked up at her. From his vantage point, she was huge, and her white body put the clouds to shame as they hung in the sky above.

The stud grimaced as he sighed and the motion made his wound throb. He hoped that this Torasin was a skilled healer, because he was kind of a pussy when it came to pain. He knew he had to say something, though, so he would grit his teeth through the pain as he took another breath and nickered up at her. The vibrations in his gut causing the wounds to sting and his bruised muscles to ache. "Nadira..." He began. His throat died and he became aware of phlegm built up in his mouth. He coughed, earning another twinge, and began again. "Nadira, I... Promise me... you'll s-stay here. ...With me."

Nadira, played by S3ilver
Torasin, played by imi
Open Thread

Ariadnê Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: wgui47.jpg]

She wears a coat of color, Loved by some,
Feared by others

Each step made a different pain surge through her veins. Her left side looked beaten, burnt, bruised, and broken, and that was because it was. Her shoulder had at least, at least, a four degree burn, and all the mare wanted to know, was why? Her ivory coat had one severe gash on the shoulder, underneath her burn, then a smaller cut over her ribs, and this was.. on the left side. With every step, every movement, her back ached and she nearly fell. The main ribs, broken. The antler, dream-catcher, stallion. The sound still rings in her ears. The sound of three cracking bones. His hooves had collided with those rib as he fell, well tried to fall onto her face, but she dodged it.. for the most part. His hooves had landed hard into her back. Ribs. Her ribs were snapped.

All the fighting had been for nothing, for in the end, Locket had just obliviously forfeited. He knew horses were nearly dying right? It was a positive for him, but no one else. How many horses lay flat, dead or un-dead. As quickly as it was over, she had fell. Walking away from Lakota alive was great, but she had fallen. Warriors do not fall, and try to get back up, but it was pointless. Her front hooves and legs were folded delicately under her light frame. Her cranium stretching out and laying nearly flat against the soft grass. She let a soft moan escape her inky lips. Blood trickled from her open wounds. Bruises covering her frame. Her burn had gotten crisp. She took deep breaths and let oxygen flow in and out of her lungs. Soft cyan orbs peered around. Healers bustling everywhere. This was Grey territory, well Foothills, and she may not be tended to. "Can I have a healer?" Her voice croaked as it left her baked throat. The sun heating her back, and now sweat beaded into the blood that had started matting her ivory fur.

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable
[Image: 2896539756_0a6f917f54_z.jpg?zz=1]

LOCKET

; there's nothing worth remembering anymore.

Locket was tired. So tired. The wounds he had suffered throbbed and plagued him like a constant nag, they were tolerable but nevertheless the stud knew they would only get worse if he stood around an allowed infection to infest his body. His fiery coat almost hid the blood stains that made his fur sticky and matted his frizzy mane together in annoying lumps that banged against his neck. The aftermath of a battle had to be the worse time, too much time given to think over actions and wounds you would rather not have. So Locket was rather grumbling to himself when he heard there was a healer who had come from the Edge to heal the wounded, his form hard to miss in his pristine golden and white which was highlighted by creamy mane.

Slowly, the battered warrior began to make his way over there, his wounds minor compared to some who suffered broken bones and those who littered the floor unconscious. Two had already beaten him to the healer, a brute of a stallion with terrible looking injuries rather awkwardly lingered around the busy healer as well as Ariadne. Whom Locket didn't particularly like, her vocal comments in battle had not really done them any favours and he wasn't even sure who she was exactly. Her wounds too looked severe, to the point Locket was surprised she was still standing on all fours and not laid out cold like a lot of the others. Yet he shrugged and addressed the healer on hand, his strange accented vocals laden with weariness. "If you wouldn't mind relieving me of my wounds dear chap, though leave me until last. I'm not as worse off as the rest." He said. Though he was tired, he still spoke kindly to the gilded healer as he shifted on cloven hooves.

The sun was lifting higher and the little warrior closed his eyes whilst waiting, wondering what The Grey would have him doing in the not too far off future. Though he would always protect the Foothills borders, that was the pledge he had made when he came here and for all the changes of Leadership since then Locket had come to a decision. The land never changed and if his loyalty always remained to the rolling green hills he would always have a purpose and that simple fact was enough for a simple stallion like Locket.

Locket talk :: L = R

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The land stunk of pain and suffering. I didn’t know what I could do for those injured because I’d had yet to gain any healing magic other than my sense of quick wit which wasn’t saying much. However, when Mirage called, I could do nothing but answer. Her dragonsong was something that I found impossible to resist as her melodic tunes, though rough and deep, had a way of lulling me from even the deepest slumber. I supposed today would be no different as I was sent loping through the Edge towards the Foothills where help was obviously needed. I knew that the hills would be pure chaos and I did not take the time to fool myself otherwise for fear of finding myself disappointed. But, no matter how well prepared I felt before crossing those borders, nothing could prepare me for the wounds upon mind and body that I found there. The Throat had aided the Grey in invading the dunes and I knew that there must be a good reason as to why, but I had yet to hear of it and therefore decided to tread lightly. My curiosity would best be postponed for a later date when I felt that the tension of war did not still linger upon the shoulders of so many.

I was not surprised to find Torasin already at the scene as I finally made my way into the hills. I was more than delighted to see him in attendance because his support and guidance was something that I admired. He looked as if he was in his element here, his warm eyes diagnosing the injured one by one; he had definitely earned his title as the Moon Doctor. Upon my ascent, I nodded to Mirage letting her know that I was here should she need any assistance. However, I was more than a little disappointed to see that Torasin and I had been the only healers to respond to the catastrophe in the Foothills, but I did not dwell on it for long. Surely they would come for there was still time and still plenty of wounds to heal.

Looping around a few of the warriors, I looked upon a few of their wounds, trying to understand what was wrong and then implement a method in which I could help them. But I was more than a little nervous when it came to healing as I had never actually done so before. All I could do was search out Torasin and beg him to give me some kind of job. The thought made me smile which looked entirely out of place in such a dismal setting, but at this point, my healing abilities were nearly laughable.

But it didn’t stop me from approaching a peculiar stallion with a titled horn and emerald eyes. “When Torasin has cleaned and sealed the wound, I suggest trying a bit of Goldenseal Root. It will help rid infection from the body as well as boost your immune system after such a fight. I hope to see you well soon soldier.” I knew Torasin would be able to take care of the worst of things but I hoped that making a few small suggestions would save him from dealing with the trouble. However, I knew I couldn’t leave those without his attentions starved for the very same. Moving over to spotted mare, I leaned down to inspect a few of her wounds as well. “I can suggest a bit of Plantain leaves once Torasin has seen you to help with the burn and as I’ve suggested before for safe measure, some Goldenseal Root to rid infection and boost your immune system. He will be along shortly dear and your wounds will be seen to properly.” I looked across the expanse of wounded soldiers and wondered what exactly I would be able to do for them.

It was hard to watch them suffer but with nothing else that I could do for them, I sought out Torasin in hopes of obtaining a bit of guidance. If there was anything that I could do for him, it would be done. But I only hoped that he would see to them soon, because I wasn’t sure how much longer I could contain myself from seeking out some kind of medical help myself.

OOC| I tried. XD

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi

Torasin</style>
World's Edge Moon Doctor
Would you love me a loser or winner?
</style>

In took some time, but slowly it seemed the injured were making themselves clear to him. A white mare with a crown that branded her a unicorn came over to him first and Torasin instantly recognized the snowy femme as Nadira. The assistant to Willow who was once of this land, the golden boy spared the elderly healer a thought and silently wished her well wherever she was. It seemed the gentle Nadira was quite concerned for her friend who seemed in immense pain strewn across the floor. A quick concern flashed across the face of the Doctor and he hurried to the bulky stud's side. Severe wounds plagued his body and quickly Torasin took hold of the magic stored within his body and sent the gusts of dark to envelope Thraros' body. It collected where the wounds were most severe and mended bones, purged infection and knitted flesh back together. It was tiresome for Torasin but he grit his teeth, there was much to do and he could rest later. Finally he returned the wounded Tharos back to a good health, only exhaustion would plague him now and Torasin had not the strength to spare to heal such mediocre things. A good rest would fix him.

"Worry not gentle Nadira, I had to go deep to fix him so broken he was, only fatigue plagues him now and rest will cure that ma'am." His voice was calm as he addressed the mare who seemed close to the stallion on the floor, he hoped his words would bring her some reassurance. With that Torasin gazed across the littered battlefield again before hearing the pain ridden words of Ariadne. He smiled kindly at her before eyes widened when he noticed the horrific burn to her shoulder, Torasin's gaze turned back to the mare and quickly he alerted her to stay still before going over to her shoulder.

This time he used the magic given to him by the Sun God and followed her blood flow, cauterizing the wound and destroying infection before soothing the burn and healing it. His personal magic always seemed different to him, more lighter in his mind than the dark intensity of the Moon's magic. Lastly he called upon the darkness once again to heal Ariadne's broken bones before giving her a once over and stepping back with a great sigh. "I'm not sure how you're still standing alive and well with such a burn ma'am, a great heart you must have, but I have healed you to the best of my ability. All that will bother you now is a few itchy scars."

Only one other had come before him to be healed and he was an orange coloured unicorn with gashes not so harsh as the previous two. He would not need his rank magic for such a job and Thor had already come across to help the boy in dealing with his wounds. "Well said Sir Thor, your knowledge is highly impressive and the chap will do well to listen to your kindly given advice." He praised the huge stallion before him. The aftermath of a battle wasn't the nicest place to be but it was the place where one could gain the most experience and he was happy to see Thor making the most of it. Torasin wished he could give the brilliant boy a job to do but it seemed only three had come to them with problems and all the Moon Doctor could offer now was experience.

He sent the magic of the sun and earth forth into the body of the Soldier, burning infection and sealing the wounds. It was a simple job but by the end of it after healing three in a row Torasin was desperately tired. He'd be out for the count for at least all of tomorrow to regain his strength. "Take care for a few days Sir, all being well you will be back to your fighting best." With that Torasin returned to Mirage's side, eyes glazed over in exhaustion. Magic was a tiring business but the Moon Doctor was happy now he had seen to all those who were injured. There was a familiar touch on his mind and Kiba dived out of the sky, hovering close beside his bonded. Trilling quietly to him to make sure he was okay.

It seemed his work was done and finally he could return home.

[ooc; sorry for the wait on healing guys, there's no need to reply unless you want to.]

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
cliff image by John and Tina Reid at gettyimages.com