the Rift

Run like you can fly [Escape:Athena,open]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Before Lana could reply, they were interrupted by a growl, then a scent. Aryel's head whipped around to take in the view of a large, blood-colored bay with two glasslike horns. His heterochromatic gaze was as heartless as his voice. By his hooves skulked a horned, red-and-black dog, the source of the growling. Aryel turned to fully face him, giving an incredulous snort as demanded she leave and that Lana step away.

How dare this horse keep another enslaved, as property? How dare he take a small, sweet filly, barely out of childhood, from her home? How dare he treat her like dirt? Something snapped in the pegasus's mind. Her glare became even more livid as she stalked forward to stand in the face of the much larger, no doubt more dangerous horse as she quivered with rage. "Do you wish to start a war, ass?" she hissed, looking him full in the eye. A wiser mare would've played it safe, and most certainly have not gotten in range of those deadly horns. But Aryel, as many soon learned, was not exactly wise. Foolhardy, passionate, and temperamental were more accurate words. "This mare is a member of the Dragon's Throat, who, if I recall, requested a state of neutrality with the Basin. Taking her prisoner is tantamount to breaking that agreement." She was all but bearing her teeth at the male. "Now, I'm going to walk out of here with her, or so help me, as Sergeant of the Throat, I will bring the entire army down on your heads, and they will not hesitate in slaughtering every stallion, mare, and foal in this damned frozen wasteland!" At the last word, a flash of electric blue sparked dangerously in her eyes. She had yet to put her magic to good use, and was just itching to give this arrogant mule two hoof-shaped brands on his ugly face, and grind his little pup into the snow while she was it. Java, still crouched on her back, gave a self-satisfied sniff to punctuate her words.

As Lana defied the male's orders, she looked back briefly to give her a broad grin. She could have nuzzled her if she wasn't currently facing the bay brute. As it was, all she was able to do was nod and say quietly, "That's my girl."

(Does D'art showing up automatically mean Lana can't leave? Also, I'd like to mention one little thing. Aryel can be beaten up certainly, maybe even take some damage to her legs or wings, but I'd like her to walk out alive.)

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
Run like you can fly [Escape:Athena,open] - by Lana - 03-11-2013, 04:00 PM
RE: Run like you can fly [Escape:Athena,open] - by Aryel - 03-12-2013, 04:02 PM
RE: Run like you can fly [Escape:Athena,open] - by Lana - 03-18-2013, 11:26 AM