the Rift

Run like you can fly [Escape:Athena,open]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
[Image: arttablekrazieart.png]

d'Artagnan

d'Artagnan felt himself gaining the upper hand of the battle, his coat was sticky with sweat and blood, his heart pounding the much needed fluid around his body with his magic power utterly spent. Dual coloured eyes became hard as he stood like an immovable wall, intensely glaring at the battered form of Aryel with a malicious grin on his dark lips. "Foolish little girl, you should have left when I told you to. Now get out of our land" he growled as a form of angry dismissal. No doubt she would go scampering back to Kri, but the Nightshade had to wonder, how much it would anger their legendary Leader? d'Artagnan had never hidden his particular dislike for that land and frequently showed its members very little mercy, though the prisoners would most likely be released. It would have been a smooth process if their little Sergeant hadn't gotten too big for her boots. Hoping his winged opponent had finally left, the Mender turned back to view the others who were gathered.

To his surprise he immediately noticed the white form of an old friend, Mauja, and gingerly made his way over to him. Picking up one silver marked feather on his way as an after thought when glancing at Aviya. With their Bane here the Doctor would naturally defer to him, though he never usually took notice of the hierarchy of ranks, he had enough guile to let the higher ups deal with the intricacies, even if that higher up was his best friend. That way he couldn't be solely blamed for anything that went wrong. It seemed that there was a brain cell or two between his crimson ears, when he chose to have them. "Wherever there is drama you will find the Frostheart! Though you were a little late this time, you missed a good fight my brother!" He said, foolishly laughing and winced soon after as his scrapes protested to the sudden movement. Maybe only one brain cell after all.

Something soft brushed up against the side of his leg and the shade looked down only to spot the red marked form of Aramis. Gilded eyes staring up at him whilst a pink tongue had rolled out to one side. d'Artagnan smiled briefly, happy for the pup's simple presence by his feet. The Mender drew in a breath and stretched his maw towards Aviya, attempting to pass the feather to her as a token of victory. "Maybe it will give you strength in future battles, a symbol of power our race holds over all the others." He said, rather proudly. He hoped the feather was also a memory, if one day she found herself in a tight spot, she might look upon it's silver marked appearance and remember her fathers victory. For even he could not live forever.

The Nightshade sighed then and turned to look at the two prisoners before regarding Mauja once more. "Do with them what you will, I'm sick of looking at them." There was a note of exasperation in his voice, all he'd wanted to do that night was fall asleep in his cave of potions. Yet somehow he had been dragged away from his peaceful night and into battle. He felt like a dead horse and, if he was being nakedly honest, looked like a dead horse.

[Image: arttablekrazie.png]
painting by krazie

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Run like you can fly [Escape:Athena,open] - by Lana - 03-11-2013, 04:00 PM
RE: Run like you can fly [Escape:Athena,open] - by Lana - 03-18-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: Run like you can fly [Escape:Athena,open] - by d'Artagnan - 04-07-2013, 05:01 AM