the Rift

A Captain's Lass? [Corsair]

Cosette Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Cosette stood at the edge of the beach. The sky was dark except for the few stars the scattered through the sky. The only light was that of the moon. The air was warm and nice, the ocean was calm, the waves hardly crawling there way up the coast. There were no sounds in the air except for the soft sound of the waves. A calm relaxing night. A perfect night to spend with someone you love. If only your feelings weren't so mixed and unsure. Would it be bad of her to love Corsair? Or could it be the start of something wonderful?

Her mind was on Corsair and only Corsair. She hoped to the gods he would show up. She wanted to finally get some alone time with him. Of course he was busy running the herd and all. But right now she wanted his full attention. She wanted him to relax and forget all of his leader like duties.

She let out a soft nicker knowing he was for sure near by, but she hoped he would hear it and come to her. She had been meaning to talk to Corsair for sometime, and discus this feeling she had deep down in her gut. Could it be love she was feeling for this stallion? Her captain? Sure being the leaders mate would put her at more risk, but she could honestly care less. She was a tough gal and could handle her own. Plus, being able to be called his would be music in her ears. It would make her complete, and finally at home.

Corsair Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[Image: corsairtable.png]

CORSAIR

The Captain would come. He would always come, but at this unholy hour, he'd only come for her. Corsair's legs moved at a steady trot down the beach, a light sweat adding a sheen to his dark coat. The normal mahogany coloring of his coat was turned a glittering silver in the moonlight, a surprising sense of life and energy in the stallion's movements, considering the time.

Corsair was confident in stride, yes, but a nervous feeling gripped his stomach, making the stallion quite jittery and eager for Cosette's presence by his side. He wondered what it was about Cosette that made him act like a lovestruck filly around her, but could never come to a conclusion that made sense. That was why he was nervous about seeing her again.

The Captain slowed his pace, a smile crossing his lips at the sight of the mare he had been looking for almost all night. Cosette stood at the edge of the shores they called home, as if waiting for someone. It didn't matter who she had been waiting for, this was Corsair's turn to have the unicorn all to himself. His pace slowed, his blue eyes glazed with admiration as they fell upon Cosette.

He came to stand by the larger mare's side, turning his head so his muzzle lightly touched Cosette's shoulder. Corsair couldn't help himself, he simply loved the way her skin felt against his. But did that mean he loved her? "Ye look pretty in tha moonlight," The Captain spoke in a flirty tone, but meaning every word he said. Corsair quite admired the way her coat took on a silver glow in the moonlight, just like his. They would be a fitting match.

"talk talk talk"

Take what you can, give nothing back.

Unregistered

Cosette heard the sand crunching behind her. Her head turning ever so slightly to see Corsair making his way up to her. She was so glad he decided to come see her. Especially because it was late. Her stomach felt uneasy thought knowing she had to actually talk to him now. What would she say though? She had no idea what was going to happen, and frankly she sort of did not want to. She wanted things to always be ok between her and Corsair. His friendship was what she needed most but she longed for more. She longed for his touch, and to be able to call him hers. Her brave Captain.

The familiar muzzle touched her shoulder. A small smile grew on her face as she turned her head around and down slightly to touch his neck. She nibbled on it ever so slightly to show affection. She loved the way it felt when he touched her. She loved everything about him at that fact.

She took a deep breath and withdrew her muzzle from his neck. Corsair, I have been meanin to talk to ye about something, something that has been on me mind quite a lot lately She said turning to face the stallion she had fallen in love with in such short time. Yes she was beginning to admit it to herself taht she was indeed in love with Corsair. Call her crazy but it was true.

She was so scared her body was shaking. All of the replies that Corsair could make running through her head. What if he didn't feel the same? What if he hated her after this? What if he made her leave? She took another deep breath and held her head high in confidence, even if it was just a show.

Unregistered

CORSAIR

The Captain's deep gaze wandered up to meet Cosette's glittering gold one. He gazed intently back at her as she spoke, his muzzle never leaving the warmth of her shoulder. He cherished the touch of her own muzzle against his cheek, but stayed focused on her words. The rippling shake of Cosette's body was alarming to Corsair, the bay praying to the Gods that she was alright.

Sure, Corsair had flirted and had a bit of rambunctious fun in his life, but he had never cared for a mare like he had Cosette. He had never gone through a day with his thoughts solely on the mare he had fallen for. But Corsair had done so when he had fallen for Cosette. The stallion had gone days with his thoughts on Cosette, praying that she was okay and was happy. He wasn't sure what he'd do if she really wasn't okay.

"Ye've got me attention. Speak, an' I will listen," Corsair spoke, still gazing intently at the unicorn. Her horn was an eye-catching feature that Corsair quite liked, even though he had never particularly liked unicorns very much. But he liked, no loved, Cosette. That was something he was sure of. You can't like someone as much as Corsair did and actually call it "liking" them.

"talk talk talk"

Unregistered

It took all of the mares courage to reach her muzzle around to touch Corsairs. The felling of their noses touching, taking in each others scents was magical to her. She never wanted to leave this spot. Just stay here with him forever. Of course that was if he didnt freak out about what the mare was about to say

Corsair, I know that it might not be right for me to like ye, since you are me captain, I am no to sure how ye will take this but, Corsair, I think I be in love with ye She removed her muzzle and looked away preparing for the worst. What if he hated her now? How would she ever live with herself?

She looked back at the stallion who stood next to her.Forgive me captain She looked down as she said so. The air was crisp and silent as she stood. She wanted more than anything to patrol these sands by his side. To rule the pirates next to him, even if it was just him giving all the commands, at least she could stand there and support his every move. Comfort him when he felt he wasn't doing his best. Be there for him as a friends, a lover, a companion.

OOC: Not exactly 250 words sorry ;_;

Unregistered

CORSAIR

For a moment, the Captain knew not where he was. He didn't know what time of day it was, what year it was, or even who he was. He was simply being, standing, his legs starting to feel numb as salty liquid spray brushed around his hocks from the endless blue before him. Corsair had never felt so numb with shock.

The bay blinked his eyes, struggling to maintain his crumbling demeanor. Don't get me wrong, Corsair was crazy about the mare he had grown to like so much in such a short time, but did he love her? The Captain hadn't much experience in the term of love besides meaningless antics, so he wasn't quite sure what it felt like. Well, he'd die for Cosette, if a loyalty that strong means anything about love. But he would die for any of the Pirates, so that couldn't possibly be it.

So Corsair dug deeper into his thoughts of whatever love must be. When his muzzle brushed the mare's skin, it was electric, filling him with an emotion that he was unsure of what to call. It sent shivers up his spine, and made him want Cosette to be just his, and his alone. If that was love, then Corsair was far more than just "in love" with this mare.

"There is nothing for ye to ap'logize for," Corsair smiled, beginning to regain feeling in his legs, "ye can't help who your heart picks to love." The bay thought for a moment before reaching out to lightly bump his muzzle into Cosette's, just to get her pretty golden eyes back on his. "Though it does make for less o' a heart ache if ye's crush o' sorts loves ye back," Corsair moved his m muzzle gently up the side of Co's head till he stopped at her ear, his neck straining to pull him up to such a height. His next words were a whisper, the ocean breeze threatening to carry them away they were so light.

"You're lucky I love ye so."

"talk talk talk"

Unregistered

Cosette felt his muzzle touch hers. It was a sense of reassurance. And his words, oh his lovely words, and his voice was so calm. She shouldn't be sorry? Well why shouldn't she? She turned her head to face the stallions, she dropped it lower as he rose his head to speak into her ear. "You're lucky I love ye so"

Cosette felt her stomach jump in joy as these word filled her skull. Could it be true? She had finally found love? Something her mother had always said to her never existed? Or would Corsair be like her father, and leave at the sign of her being pregnant. Don't get me wrong, Cosette wanted to have his baby inside of her. Their baby. And oh a lovely baby it would be at that. But was it to soon to be thinking about that? She knew the new mare recruit Alvilda was pregnant with Vicer's baby. So why would her and Corsair having a baby be any different? Except for the fact that he was captain. Oh man, the captains baby, what a wonderful foal it would be.

Cosette shook her head clearing of the thoughts as she grew closer to corsair wrapping her head over the top of his neck, nuzzling his withers lovingly. Aye Corsair, I be very happy that ye love me so. But tell me one more thing. Would ye like a child... my love It too her a second to get those last two words out, maybe it was nervousness, or maybe it was just the fact that she was wondering if it was all a dream and if it was true, her really being able to say those things to him. Surely Corsair would want a child, after all what stallion wouldnt want to continue their legacy?

Unregistered

CORSAIR

A light smile danced across Corsair's lips as Cosette, his Cosette, wrapped her neck around him in a hug-like fashion. Her muzzle brushed his withers affectionately, which only made him feel even better about the situation at hand. He was sure he had made the right decision by deciding he loved Cosette. If this wasn't love, Corsair was afraid he would never know the feeling.

The Captain was a little lost in the feeling of Cosette all around him when the words slipped from her mouth. A child? Did he want a child? Corsair was still young, he had his whole life ahead of himself, yet was settling down. Corsair had sailed many a seas, seen things he rather wouldn't have, but did that make him experienced enough a horse to raise a child?

The question was more than daunting so Corsair continued to think it over, burying his muzzle in Costte's mane as he did so. Cosette would be by his side, that was for sure. With her there to support him, Corsair started to feel a little better about bringing another life into the world. With her, anything would be possible. They would have the best foal ever, it would grow to be a fine Pirate and take over the band when Corsair was to old to do so.

Corsair removed his muzzle from the warmth of Cosette's mane, turning around to look the mare in the eyes. "Of course, me dearest. But only if it twas our child," Corsair smiled, adding a devious wink. He would hate it any other mare was to carry his child. If Cosette was to find out something like that, he was sure she'd be crushed. It would surely drive him over the edge to know he had caused her such pain. But they wouldn't have to worry about that as long as Corsair was faithful to his lassie, which he was...

For now.

"talk talk talk"

Unregistered
OOC: ((Do you want me to post foal stats? o3o))