the Rift

The Long Way Home [Phi | Open]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia's back leg was smarting, but she clenched her jaw and braced her body through the pain. Though exhaustion was overwhelming, she tightened the muscles across her back and gut to relieve some of the strain on her hindquarters. One of the fighters for the former Foothills lingered on the borders, but Ophelia did not have a chance to observe her fully on the battlefield. They never crossed paths in that war. Why did she remain? The alabaster mare of the Grey was continually curious as to why so many lingered. Was it a tie to the land itself? Nostalgia? Disbelief? Or did they simply not want to be on the losing side?

As her cloven hooves drew her closer, Ophelia saw the way the smaller mare was peacefully resting with the Tallsun breeze touching her mane. Her eyes were closed, but the white one knew that she would be able to hear her approach. Though the ability would be nice to have, silence was not a gift Phi possessed. What did she dream? The sun continued its ascending path, and the heat was displeasing. She longed to be in the north, touched by the ever present snow and whiteness of winter. Another land in the frosty tundra would have been preferable, but the meager might of the Foothills made this land an obvious choice. Had the Grey invaded elsewhere, they would have been fools.

Ophelia was still not pleased with the fact that the battle had been handed to them in Jackal's absence. The fight did not settle well in her gut and only brought more anger to her throat. She wanted to earn the land they fought for, not... tear it away from broken and tattered hooves who desperately clung to a dead dream. Even the thought brought a frown to her gray lips and a wild, irritated flash of her pale and crimson tail. Finally, she moved close enough to Ailith that her presence would be known and simply waited for her to awaken and acknowledge her presence.

The alabaster mare was rarely in a foul mood, but she was tired, irked at the entire battle, and just... dwindling in energy. "You remain. Why?" Ophelia asked in her typical chime-like tones. The question was not demanding or mean, only... tense. She had no interest in having to chase anyone off of the borders right now. The idea was absolutely unappealing. Sleep, now sleep sounded... pleasant.

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ailith - 03-11-2013, 09:01 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ophelia - 03-13-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ailith - 03-14-2013, 04:47 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ophelia - 03-14-2013, 05:28 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ailith - 03-15-2013, 02:33 AM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ophelia - 03-17-2013, 11:58 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ailith - 03-18-2013, 03:30 PM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ophelia - 03-19-2013, 01:10 AM
RE: The Long Way Home [Phi | Open] - by Ailith - 03-20-2013, 10:41 PM