the Rift

Not all Stories are meant to be Told [Open]

Lythe Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Lythe

The old, green forest cast it's earthy tones upon the black and white frame of a strong draft stallion as he made his way carefully across the root strewn ground that seemed to be trying to reach out and ensnare his large hooves. Light amethyst eyes looked out from beneath his creamy white forelock and gazed upon everything with a childish wonder. Everything looked so similar and yet so vastly different from the world he had come from although he could still feel the familiar presence of the gods that he had grown up with and was sure that the same ones resided in this beautiful land. Inhaling deeply of the sun steeped air, he came to a sudden and dramatic stop. Holding his powerful, arched neck up and straitening to stand at his full 17hh he held still as a light breeze caressed his form and stirred the feathers on his legs.

Whisked away by his over active imagination in such a simple place as this ancient forest, Lythe started prancing through the trees, every inch of him the noble knight come to save a kingdom full of corruption and evil sorcerers. "Watch out scoundrels! Sir Lythe has come to drive you out and restore peace in this land!" His voice was a dreamy baritone that had the somewhat airy quality of a beautiful instrument rarely played. Spurred to a gallop, Ly raced past "castles" and "villages" until he came to an open field in which he conjured up an image of a dark tower guarded by two bloodthirsty unicorns that were even bigger than he himself. Imprisoned in this admittedly short tower was a beautiful mare who looked to be the offspring of the moon.

Puffing his chest out, the fully grown stallion pawed at the moist earth and prepared to enter into a fight with thin air. Raising himself on his hind legs he called out a challenge to his imaginary foes (as well as to anyone who might have been nearby) and was about to charge when the caw of a raven caused him to freeze once more. This time however was no heroic pose and Ly strained unsuccessfully to make his large form seemingly smaller as he cringed away from the bird. "Please leave me alone, I don't want to cause anyone any trouble, please, I just want to live without giving anyone my ill luck." His tones were subdued and spoken at a whisper as he cringed away from the meadow and entered back into the silent forest.

His whole life he had been considered a bad omen thanks to the black splotches that covered his otherwise white form and his superstitious herd took it to be a warning of terrible things to come. The old seer who had raised Ly had convinced them to let him stay as the white in his coat might indicate that he was in fact a good omen and a messenger of the gods instead of their wrath. The only company he ever had was the cranky elder and the wondrous stories he was told and so he did what any other lonely child would do, he created friends and adventures of his own.

Lythe would never really fit in with any herd, at least not until his mind caught up with his body and even though he has absolutely no idea how to make friends or interact with anyone else he desperately craves companionship. Whickering sadly to himself, Ly cast his gaze with a dreadful hope that someone was near and that everyone was far away.

OOC: So basically Ly is going to be an Outcast at least for now until he can interact with more chars and hopefully become more social. ^^

Selene Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
like toy soldiers

Selene happened to find herself wandering the threshold once again after being kindly invited into the pirate band by the handsome, rugged corsair. Calm confident strides left engraved prints beneath the earth below which many others had walked upon previously. The pesky insects drove her ever onward as she broke into a rapid trot attempting to escape. Thick, almost masculine brawn rippled underneath a fiery chestnut canvas. Though despite her dense compact build, still one couldn't mistake her feminine beauty. Suddenly an abrupt galloping of hooves broke the silence of the forest. Her skull almost instantaneously regarded the sound as a faint nicker summoned her presence.Ears erect, selene was now surprisingly curious of the rhythmic hoofbeats striking the ground with shier power. A notable paint stallion appeared from the foliage, as a tender smirk gently formed at the creases of her lips. His pelt was gifted with prominent black and white markings, standing at almost the exact height as selene. Selene was quite elevated in height for a mare, nevertheless she flaunted her stature with confidence. He looked as though he was secluded and lonely. She wasn't usually one to approach strangers, but hell what better time was there? Massive ebony wings lifted upwards before spreading outwards resting mildly against her barrels, the tips tracing the surface of the earth. Chocolate eyes drifted across his frame intrigued by the looks of him she spoke with a tone slick and alluring like a the nectar from a flower. "Hello, pardon my intrusion.." A pleasant grin caressed her visage as an assertive nod followed closely behind. She was rarely ever this friendly or polite! The changes in her behavior were going to take some getting used to as selene was striving to appeal to others. Odd for her, but it was worth a try. "I'm Selene, welcome to helovia." A genteel half bow was all she could provide to the stallion as her selfish arrogant side was beginning to uproot. With a roll of her crimson pools, she slowly almost seductively blinked, meeting the stallions amethyst gaze. "And your name, stallion?" A lenient breeze flew across the forest, weaving in and out of her mane giving the stallion a whiff of her pure, fresh scent.

(Bleh, sorry this is horrid. x[)
"blah blah blah."

Unregistered
Lythe

Becoming suddenly aware of another's presence, Ly snapped his head around as his eyes landed upon a startling female. Her rich chestnut coat covered a well muscled form that rivaled his own for brawn, and yet there was something about the way that she held herself that was unmistakably female. Large, silky black wings extended from her shoulders and he gazed at them with an almost envy. If he had wings he would fly forever and live among the clouds so as to never endanger anyone with his luck.

"Hello, pardon my intrusion..." Lythe's harks swung forward and he quivered imperceptibly like a plucked harp string at the sound of her sweet toned voice. Was she really talking to him? He was obviously a bad omen so why would she risk entangling her fate with his own? And what exactly was she intruding on? Curious, but far to shy to talk quite yet, the draft simply straightened himself up a bit so as to not look as pathetic and fixed his cautious gaze on the mare. "I'm Selene, welcome to Helovia." The painted stag looked about him once more and allowed the name of this new world to fix itself in his mind before returning to the fire-clad female with the pretty name.

When she made her little half bow in welcome, alarm crossed the gentle stag's features and he took a small step forward, "Please, don't do that." His voice was hardly above a whisper, but was still audible, "I wouldn't want to inconvenience you." A small sweet smile made it's way onto his lips as he shuffled his feet awkwardly. "And your name, stallion?" Taking another small step towards Selene he responded eagerly, though his voice was still only a soft hum of his vocal chords. "I'm called Lythe."

After he spoke he stood on the edge of awkwardness and eagerness, wanting to continue to talk to this mare who had shown what seemed to him such amazing kindness when in fact she was just showing him the same courtesy that almost everyone else received. Wanting desperately to continue talking to her, but not knowing what else to say, Ly allowed a helpless plea to fill his violet eyes, hoping against hope that Selene would find him interesting enough to stay.

OOC: Oh gawd... Ly is such an overgrown toddler. xD This is going to be great. ^^

Unregistered

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
like toy soldiers

This peculiar stallion offered a variety of bizarre mannerisms and expressions. Why was he behaving so sheepishly and timid? Selene couldn't recall encountering someone as reserved as he. Poor lass, she could only imagine what the painted fellow had endured. Although Selene didn't have the brightest of upbringings, she still to this day fought the frightful memories. He was quite a handsome fellow, and she was greatly astounded that he ceased to recognize it. His insecurities appeared to intrigue her only even more, almost feeling a pang of anguish and sympathy for the stallion. She took a cautious step forwards, a reassuring almost comforting grin spread kindly across her smooth lips. With a dilatory blink, she found herself observing his build, crimson orbs drifting along his spine before ultimately meeting his gaze. His precarious attitude caught her attention once more as she loosened her grip, dropping her eyes to the earth, sensing his uncomfortable bearings. She bit her lip in hesitation as carved ears swiveled forwards as a meek voice slipped from his mouth like butter. "Please, don't do that." A confused expression quickly tainted her delicate visage as a coy grin made it's way across her maw. Don't do what? Be polite? Fine with her. No. He is just shy, that's all. Still the thought wasn't very convincing, but it would be amiable to share the kindness. Immense wings shuffled as powerful tendons shifted underneath a black cloak of ebony feathers. The sun cast vast rays among the forest, highlighting the ample appendages almost giving the mare a angelic like appearance. The stallion then introduced himself as Lythe. With a nod, selene opened her velvet maw to speak with an almost enticing tinge. "Pleasure, Lythe." It was a simple, naive reply. With a charming smirk, selene extended her maw towards the stallion, silken fiery locks dancing across her her well developed nape. "So, what brings you to helovia? Pardon my manners." Clearing her throat, a silent chuckle escaped from her muzzle as she offered a genuine grin in his direction. "If I'm being a bother just inform me, i will leave." It almost seemed as though she was being a bother judging by his body language. With a tilt of her skull, she awaited a response.
"blah blah blah."

Unregistered
Lythe

Shuffling his feet back and forth, Ly cautiously looked at Selene from under his forelock, quietly admiring her warrior queen demeanor. A strong mare like her deserved better than an ill fated, ill lucked stallion like himself and while he couldn't change who he was, he could at least try to pretend to be her equal. At long last Lythe's muscles relaxed and his frame straitened to stand at least a little more confidently than before. "Pleasure, Lythe." Responding to her sweet tones, Ly smiled innocently and extended his muzzle towards her own in greeting. "The pleasure's all mine." His voice had risen above a whisper, but it was still soft and gentle.

"So, what brings you to helovia? Pardon my manners." A throaty chuckle escaped her throat and was accompanied by a sincere smile before she continued speaking, "If I'm being a bother just inform me, i will leave." Concern slipped onto Lythe's features as he quickly moved to reassure Selene that if anyone was being a bother it was him. "Please don't leave, you're not a bother at all! I'm just..." He paused here, trying to figure out how to explain, "I guess I'm just not used to talking to anyone else besides myself." A small, sad grin quirked his lips, but he moved to answer her question before she could dwell on his strange response.

"I'm just in Helovia to look for a new start." Contemplating his old life for a moment, Ly tried to figure out just how much he wanted to tell Selene about his past. If he told her everything, like how he had caused a drought and numerous other natural disasters to befall his herd she would probably run as far away from him as possible and he would never see her again. "I left my old herd because I never really fit in with everyone, you know?" That was true and told her all that was really important. She didn't need to know that he had been shunned since birth and had had to live with a cranky old seer who was constantly putting him down and telling him that everything he did would cause something bad to happen. No, she didn't need to know that.

"How about you? What caused you to make your home here?" A sincere smile crossed itself onto Ly's face and brightened his features as he waited patiently for Selene's response. His crystalline, amethyst eyes landed upon her crimson orbs as he cocked his head at a slight angle and gave her his undivided attention.

OOC: So sorry for the wait! I got super busy, but here you are! :)

Unregistered

Selene
like toy soldiers

Silken locks dully shifted along her virile shoulder, as Selene intended to learn more about this stallion, who was apparently called Lythe. Must he be so bashful? She wasn't used to stallions being so modest and reserved. Usually they strutted with pride and poise, but Lythe was unlike any other stallion she had met. Her robust but slender legs shifted uneasily under sheer weight. Gently, she cocked her hip slowly but surely to one side to merely keep comfortable. With a bump of her skull, strands of her fiery forelock were distributed across her friendly, inviting visage. She was often rude and arrogant around strangers, but he seemed much to sheepish to tamper with. A soft diffident phrase broke the almost awkward silence between the two. "The pleasure is all mine." This time he spoke with a more confidence in his tone of voice, also he stood far more haughty than before. He must have sensed her pity. Suddenly he screeched in plea, "Please don't leave, you're not a bother at all! I'm just" He paused, confidence at an all time low once again. She lowered her head, concern flooding her features. What previous events HAD this horse suffered? The conversation began to deteriorate as Lythe began politely answering her question she has asked before. "I'm just in helovia for a new start. I left my old herd because i never really fit in with everyone, ya know?" An insignificant cackle swept from her ashy maw. A twinge of sympathy prodded at her sides as she had felt similar emotions towards her family life. Though she didn't have much of a family to begin with. "I certainly know how you feel on that one." She arched her neck, sharp muscle tone gleaming in the sunlight. A coy grin spread across her cheek as a playful wink was directed towards his amethyst gaze. His innocent ingenuous tone caught her attention as elegantly carved ears listened to what he had to pronounce. "How about you? What caused you to make your home here?" His question invited a grin to crease across her muzzle as she opened her maw with that alluring tone of hers. "Well, to keep things short, I have always been one to travel. I just can't seem to stay in one place for very long. I try to forget my past, i suppose traveling is my way of forgetting." She trailed off, her tone of voice almost seeming to fade. Eyes winced as her crimson gaze drifted to the earth below. "I found helovia in search of a new home," She began. "Corsair found me, and im awaiting an invitation to hopefully join his band." Corsair. He brought a smile across her face she she returned her gaze unto the painted stallions visage. "He resides in the endless blue, one of the wilds here in helovia. I have yet to venture there, if you would like, you could join me?" Hooves planted firmly onto the earth below, she extended a wing, gently caressing the barrel of the stallion just a few feet from her. She turned completely around, swiveling her head to look at him with an alluring but friendly expression.

OOC[Im so sorry that this late! Urg, i have also been busy! xD]

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

Lythe
Chasing butterflies and broken dreams

He could feel Selene's concern and pity for him like a scratchy wool blanket that was being dragged slowly over his back. It made him even more uncomfortable to be seen as someone that deserves those kinds of feelings when he should really just be forgotten in everyone's minds so as to not trouble anyone or bring misfortune down on them. It was selfish of him to want to be cared for even in the small way that Selene was offering. He needed to get away from her so that she would never have to worry about him and his broken soul.

Lythe took a small, unnoticeable step backward, preparing to leave when the mare's sweet tones rang out again. "I certainly know how you feel on that one." Coming to a complete stop, the black and white stallion looked at her with something bordering on shock. She knew what it felt like then? To be ignored and abused by the entire herd? If that was true then maybe... just maybe... he could be given a second chance. When she told him that traveling was her way of forgetting her past, a dull sadness crept into her fiery orbs and Lythe couldn't help but to take a step forward and reach to bump his muzzle against hers, wanting to offer at least the comforting presence of another who knew of loss and suffering if nothing else.

After a brief spell she started speaking again, and Ly listened intently, "I found helovia in search of a new home, Corsair found me, and I'm awaiting an invitation to hopefully join his band." A smile returned to Selene's face as she mentioned the name Corsair and an odd feeling stirred in Ly's chest. Although he wouldn't know it for quite some time, the painted stag was experiencing just a twinge of jealousy that was inspired by this unknown stallion making Selene smile by just saying his name. "He resides in the endless blue, one of the wilds here in helovia. I have yet to venture there, if you would like, you could join me?"

Once again, Ly found himself absolutely stunned. "You..." He started speaking with his mind still trying desperately to catch up. "Want me... to come with you?" All of a sudden it clicked and Lythe's smile could have outshone the sun. "Yes! Oh please, I'd love to join you!" Lythe moved quickly to stand next to Selene with a child's energetic eagerness, all shy awkwardness gone and in its place leaving a tall handsome male with a brilliant smile. "Just lead the way!"

text text text

"blah blah blah."

[ooc: I can't wait until Ly meets the pirates, it's going to be awesome! :DDDD]