the Rift

Sing Something New

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel

Warmth. Protection. For a few short months the unborn received everything it would need from its mother; it absorbed sounds and light. My eyes had opened to witness that I was immersed in a hazy liquid; my mouth gapped soundless and breathless. Helpless to even take a breath without the cord of life tethered by nature. My hollow was an interesting place, lighter and darker depending on what happened in the outside world. I would later learn that these changes were called day, and night.

I would learn?

That’s right, because this body wasn’t born yet.

A simple mind was barely capable of realizing whom my form leeched from. Growing limbs would stretch, pushing against the sides of this slowly shrinking haven. I would lean back, close my underdeveloped orbs and sleep. Stirring when baby ears caught the sounds of muffled speech. The sounds of my mother, and sounds of others obviously talking. I found myself unknowingly focusing hard on her voice, somehow it was more appealing than the others. Instinct declared that I know that voice and smell long before my time of entrance.

Eventually this ever shrinking world grew cramped, so much so that I could no longer fully extend my body at will. Not long after---was when it started, the tightening and pushing. Luckily I wouldn’t remember my birth, nor the span of time spent inside my mothers womb. But…what happened next, perhaps I would hold to memory in the smallest of ways. My swimming pool vanished, leaving me shoved against raw muscle that was very determined to forcefully eject me.

A brighter world emerged, along with cooler air that was shocking and bitter. Our home was an invasion of the senses that seemed to be dull at first and then strengthening as leftover liquid cleared itself from my ears and tiny nostrils. Mouth gaped open, tongue panting silently as my lungs accepted their first breath of air and inflated for the first time. Gangly limbs remained curled beneath me and my head felt heavy and a little awkward to be held under a power that was unassisted by weightless water. Body was wet, chilled even. Her scent clung to me, but underneath was my own uniquely printed essence.

Her warm lips caress my face, cleaning it and assisting in drying off the afterbirth. I lie still, resting; and taking the moment second by second as an immature brain worked on gathering information of my mother and this new environment. Softly she uttered a string of sounds, "Nice to meet you Sielu.” of course it wasn't the words that made impression on a newborn. Speech was still unfamiliar, but I could feel a tangible warmth and affection behind the tone; her musical vocals soothed my troubles and gave a security without worry. She was my rock, my sanctuary and already the first understandings of love started to bloom in my heart. I didn’t know it, but she would shape my world and who I would become. Lips move silently as hers did, forming not a sound, not a squeak. Lifting my muzzle I tried to push against the face that warmed this frail body, eager for the contact.

credits

Messages In This Thread
Sing Something New - by Faelene - 03-11-2013, 11:24 PM
RE: Sing Something New - by Sielu - 03-12-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: Sing Something New - by Phaedra - 03-16-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: Sing Something New - by Faelene - 03-17-2013, 01:02 AM
RE: Sing Something New - by Sielu - 03-21-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Sing Something New - by Faelene - 04-10-2013, 05:36 PM
RE: Sing Something New - by Sielu - 04-12-2013, 01:13 PM