the Rift

Sing Something New

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel

These were precious moments, ones that adults didn’t forget and children wouldn’t easily remember. Hundreds, thousands, millions, billions of foals had blazed through the process of birth long before my soul had even been submitted to flesh. It was right, just as right as the blue frost nub uptop my skull. Just as right as everything wonderful in this world. My mother stood as a shield, a mentor, a teacher, and for the time being my sole source of food.

Lips widened and a puff of air escaped. I huffed soundlessly before shifting tenderly to one side and flinching at the same time expecting to fall again. My limbs held their position almost naturally, it felt right to stand. But more comfortable to lay. The folds of my gut quivered expectantly, gingerly I shifted my right forelimb, bracing for the world to suddenly pivot on its axel and send me sprawling against the dirt. A step was taken, shaky, but then I moved again. This time I could follow the smell, I could almost taste the flavor dancing across my tongue.

Carefully I moved into a position that every babe who drew breath once had, and I found my nourishment. Her offerings would ensure life, and my love would repay the debt. Little swirls of smoke trailed above my crown and down the length of my neck. They burned a bright blue, starkly contrasting the red hues of my mother’s mane. Short tail bone flickered to the side, its marrow filled innards covered with the same deep plum of this little body. Surrounding the meaty tail was smoke leading down nearly to my lean thigh.
credits

Messages In This Thread
Sing Something New - by Faelene - 03-11-2013, 11:24 PM
RE: Sing Something New - by Sielu - 03-12-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: Sing Something New - by Phaedra - 03-16-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: Sing Something New - by Faelene - 03-17-2013, 01:02 AM
RE: Sing Something New - by Sielu - 03-21-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Sing Something New - by Faelene - 04-10-2013, 05:36 PM
RE: Sing Something New - by Sielu - 04-12-2013, 01:13 PM