Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA & TINEK</style>
Heavens ablaze in our eyes, we're standing still in time
the blood on our hands is the wine, we offer a sacrifice
</style>

Ophelia had not expected her hear her mother's voice, so at first, she believed that she was finally going mad. The alabaster mare's ears tilted back, and she hesitantly turned her head, afraid that she her gaze would meet nothing but grassy hills in the distance. Much to her relief and surprise, the image of her mother was there, approaching from down a sloping hill, and Ophelia was struck silent. Though she had always felt more close to her mother than her father, she had not seen Soleil in a very long time. Granted, Ophelia had not exactly gone looking, but her presence had even shifted. What also confused her was that she had rarely seen her mother without her father... in her entire life, really. Was their relationship crumbling?

Part of her hoped, for her mother's sake, that she and her father were still whole and beautiful. Paladin had always seemed to breath life into Soleil, but Ophelia was cynical in a calm and quiet way. What comes up must come down and what begins must end. Sometimes, the downfall arrives more swiftly than anticipated.

Ironically, her father was more of a warrior, but even then, her mother had always had a certain fire and violence in her heart. Ophelia could see now how her father would have stifled this passion with his own rather rigid code of chivalry, and she admired her mother for coming here while her father was clearly not. "Mum," she replied affectionately, limping quietly to the elder gray mare and embracing her closely. Ophelia's delicately shaped cheek touched her mother's, and her eyes closed tightly.

"How are you?" she asked, finally pulling away, a soft smile on her lips. "I am sorry for not visiting. You are usually with father, and his presence is... well, honestly, I feel like a rather miserable being when in his company," she admitted.

[OOC: I had Phi embrace Soleil; I will take it down if you consider it to be powerplay!]

BG | dragon | horse

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
never seemed so alive [phi | open] - by Soleil - 03-12-2013, 12:07 AM
RE: never seemed so alive [phi | open] - by Ophelia - 03-19-2013, 01:26 AM