Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA & TINEK</style>
Heavens ablaze in our eyes, we're standing still in time
the blood on our hands is the wine, we offer a sacrifice
</style>

Ophelia smiled to herself when her mother's lips ran over her back as if scour for injuries. The action elicited fond memories of childhood, of which there were few. She cherished the ones she had, enjoying for the moment a chance to relive the past that was now a dream. The alabaster mare closed her eyes when her mother embraced her tightly, and Phi exhaled a sigh of content, carefully resting her face on her neck. Ophelia was mindful of her horn, making sure that she did not accidentally stab her mother during their moment of joy.

She was glad her expression was hidden when her mother's congratulations rested on her mind. Was there anything worth congratulating her for? Ktulu mastered most of the band, called them into battle, and Ophelia had fought hard. "Ktulu, mostly," she replied in an ambiguous tone. Guilt. She felt guilt over her mother's pride after such a lackluster invasion. She felt guilt over the choices of the Grey and the dim future she saw of being forced to choose between friends and money.

Ophelia was glad that her mother was well, and she listened carefully, hearing her mother's chiding words. More guilt at her mother's affirmations of her beauty and character, partially because she did not believe a word of it, honeyed as they were. Her mother called her beautiful, but she was strange. Her mother called her capable, when she relied on her sister and others for guidance. Her mother called her strong, when she was weak. She had fallen, tumbled into love with a wolf and a god, and she barely escaped, burned and broken. Weakness drove her into the arms of another, and naively, she believed they would be caring.

Weakness was a defining characteristic. Her smile saddened, but she quickly redirected the subject. "I suppose father's intensity and morality is a pressure that I do not appreciate being under. Regardless," she said with a pause. "Did you come to see us? Or do you have news? Questions?" she asked. After a year of not seeing her mother, something else had to be driving Soleil.

BG | dragon | horse

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
never seemed so alive [phi | open] - by Soleil - 03-12-2013, 12:07 AM
RE: never seemed so alive [phi | open] - by Ophelia - 04-19-2013, 12:57 PM