the Rift

daughter sweet daughter, .b r e a t h e. in [Destry]

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark

I flick my ears back as I hear small hoof steps. Turning my head slowly, I narrow my eyes, trying to make out the shady figure. I flick my ears forward as I realize this is a foal approaching me. I stand by the last flickering flames, silent for a few moments. I see the lips of the foal move, and the words strike me like a kick to the gut.

"Dad."

The light of the flame reaches the small figure as the child makes it's way towards me. I gasp, a little surprised. "Destry! Where's your mother?" I realize this is something I shouldn't have said. In a moments notice red sparks jump from her dark body, illuminating the area before the red sparks strike the earth. I watch a small flame spark up before the flames die away because of the frigid air.

I step back, a little surprised. The flames had been only a foot or two from my hooves. Snorting, I narrow my fiery gaze. "That is no way to treat your father. I don't care what Mauja or your mother or anyone else says! I've never loved anyone but you and your mother." I shake my creamy mane, thinking I handled the situation quite well. Although I had gone a bit off topic on the last sentences.

Sort of.

With a more softened expression I speak again, giving a more teasing tone to my words. "Besides, you don't want to burn the only horse who can teach you to fly and use your magic, now do you?" I glance at the embers, a single leaf at the very end of a branch. Clearly this leaf had been safe from the tongue of the flames, but not anymore. Gazing at the flames with my fiery orbs, I burn the leaf. In the blink of an eye the whole branch is engulfed in flames once again. I show Destry my right wing, letting the light stream over the burned and scarred flesh. A little piece of my heart was being sewn back together. I had missed my daughter.

I had missed her so much.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: <3

word count: 357

"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Messages In This Thread
RE: daughter sweet daughter, .b r e a t h e. in [Destry] - by Azzaron - 03-13-2013, 04:26 PM