the Rift

daughter sweet daughter, .b r e a t h e. in [Destry]

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

It was as if the outside of my wings were bedazzled with red rubies- they gleamed and shined as I lofted them out. 'The Basin?...' I hear the words from my father and I nod vigorously, sharp hooves striking the ground as I prance excitedly. I hear my father again, but can not understand the mumble of words. My head cocks to the side slightly as I watch him. 'Yes, fly. And I can teach you. Before you start flying, you must strengthen your wings. I squeal again before I hear the strengthening part- I can't fly yet? That doesn't seem quite fair! I sad look crosses my face and I pout, the ecstatic energy evaporated- sucked up, you could say, by those few words. I grasp at the word- it is big and daunting. One I don't quite understand, but I don't ask. It sounds important. I watch as he pushes his wings up. He then pushes them down and I am at awe as he flexes his wings and adjusts the angles slightly. It looks so complicated and difficult- I am not sure how I will ever master that. 'Now do the same.' Already? I push my wings up, purple black under-feathers gleaming. I then push them down quickly and then ends slap against the ground. I recoil and look at the feathers that were thrown a-strew.

"Hard." I say, my tongue felt awkward and difficult to work with. I feel like crying- I want to fly. I try again and I don't know what to do now- but I continue. My wings catch against the air and my eyes spark in interest. I flap my wings like my father- though the angling I would have to work on. I slap the ground a few times when the excitement gets ahold of me, but I am getting better. At flapping my wings. I look to my father for what to do next, adrenaline bubbling through me as I started to prance again, hooves dancing along the ground and wings stalling slightly.

ooc: -
word count: 345
"These soldiers are not here to kill you; They're here to protect you."

Picture by lieveheersbeestje

Messages In This Thread
RE: daughter sweet daughter, .b r e a t h e. in [Destry] - by Destry - 03-19-2013, 09:15 PM