the Rift

Quest Drop #2

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sulwyn

what is this world we live in?

Tentative golden pools studied the magnificent mare that faced them, watching as her ethereal violet eyes looked into the souls of each being that had gathered here. Sulwyn wasn't sure if the lavender vixen was as soft as she looked; the words that fell past her lips didn't seem to be very kind, but nor did they seem to be loathing or hateful towards the receiver of their lyrics. The Goddess seemed to be sizing up each one of them, judging them based on their appearance -- or was she really burrowing inside of their heads, stealing their thoughts and intentions, deciding if any of these petty mortals were even worth her time? No matter what the moonlit vixen's intent was, the mustang still watched her with a concerned look upon her face, her head raised high in the air to meet her pupil-less gaze once it was directed at the petite fae.

What will she think of me? The thought filled the sun-branded mare's mind completely, removing all excess feelings and emotions as it pressed against the walls of her brain. The only emotion that it did allow to stay was fear; fear that when her land's patron God tapped into her memories, she would be judged the most harshly of all. Pathetic. Weak. Coward. Solitary. Cru-

"A child of the Edge. You have my attention, Sulwyn. What is it you seek?"

As if the silver mare were an over-filled balloon, all of the air in her lungs came rushing out of her pale naves, releasing the tension that had started to build up in her stout body. The worry; the shame; the fear all poured out from her moonlit architecture in waves, returning Sulwyn to her usual timid and subdued state of mind. She no longer had to worry about the radiant Goddess or her judgement -- her wings had snapped outwards from her sleek purple sides in a gesture of comfort and welcome -- and the equine no longer felt like she did not belong. For whatever private reason that this deity had, she had chosen the grulla over the rest of the creatures that had gathered here before her, and Sulwyn felt more than just grateful for that. She may be returning to the World's Edge without another member, but at least her long trek would not have been for nothing.

Bowing her porcelain-painted head towards the winged beast, Sulwyn showed her respect for the God's choice with words full of confidence and wonder. "Thank you, dear Goddess, for showing kindness towards me and allowing us all to speak with you." The mare paused for a moment, realizing that not everyone had had a chance to exchange a word or two with the lavender pegasus at all; including her. "Your beauty has put me at a loss for words, my Lady. I never anticipated that I would ever encounter you on my travels, and yet here we are." With her silver hide beginning to twitch from the faintest whisper of snow, and an icy wind whipped at the thick tendrils of mane that caressed against her throat, sending another wave of shivers coursing through her body. This icy expanse was not native to Sulwyn, and she found herself yearning for the mist-shrouded cliffs of her home. It was with a slight jolt that the mustang realized that she yearned for something more, too. Something to accompany the mare on her solitary treks throughout the land. "You ask me what it is I seek, fair Goddess of the Moon, and I think that I have come to understand just what it is that I am searching for. I seek a companion, my Lady. Someone who can help me to understand what my purpose is, and to help me cope with past occurrences that still haunt me today."

{She seeks a chickadee companion}

Messages In This Thread
Quest Drop #2 - by God of the Moon - 03-12-2013, 07:06 PM
RE: Quest Drop #2 - by Aryel - 03-12-2013, 07:25 PM
RE: Quest Drop #2 - by Casimir - 03-14-2013, 12:35 AM
RE: Quest Drop #2 - by Snö - 03-14-2013, 09:52 PM
RE: Quest Drop #2 - by Sulwyn - 03-14-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: Quest Drop #2 - by Nadira - 03-15-2013, 08:18 PM
RE: Quest Drop #2 - by Official - 03-16-2013, 07:36 AM
RE: Quest Drop #2 - by God of the Moon - 03-21-2013, 08:04 PM
RE: Quest Drop #2 - by Sulwyn - 03-22-2013, 01:25 AM
RE: Quest Drop #2 - by God of the Moon - 03-22-2013, 11:25 AM