the Rift

Babylon Sister [Phaedra]

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

[Permission granted :B ]

~~~~~~~~~~

The land and shadow was shrouded in a crimson haze, misty with fire from the gaping chasm, the night tinted vermillion even as both the sky and ground in front of the dappled stallion shimmered with thousands of tiny stars. It was a tranquil time of night, almost surreal in its steady perfection; it was only enhanced by the extreme content Sin felt from his studies and the happiness he felt for his master. He was intoxicated by it, stepping through the smoke and the mosaic ground as he made his way back to his homeland. It was this kind of otherworldly vista through which the siren of a mare stepped towards the Disciple; for a span of heartbeats, Sin believed her to be the Heart Incarnate, the sandy coat and bird-catcher spots catching the light in a suggestive manner; her green eyes were akin to emeralds sparkling with impish glee as they fell upon the susceptible stallion.

Sin stopped in his tracks, his mind reeling as he emerged from his deep, placating thoughts and back into the real world. He gave a hard snort as he found her unadorned brow; he backed up several steps, his breath hitched as he realized she was not brethren. In the same moment, he noticed the majestic appendages that sprouted from her back—a Pegasus, then? Sin gulped. He remembered vividly the last encounter he had with one of those abnormal creatures—their wings had beguiled him with the allure of discovery and experimentation, to truly study how those mysterious appendages imbued the power of flight. They still do, in a way, and he couldn’t stop the flood of inquiries that broke through the dam of his astonishment.

She was speaking to him—a hesitant, sweet sound tumbling from her lips—and Sin became aware of how attractive she was despite her mutated attributes. It held no weight with passion, however; it was no more than a studious observation, a passing visual scrutiny that was inspired by his usual propensity for casual research. Her pretty coat and striking, graceful conformation did nothing to make the dappled boy forget the last time he met with one of her kind. Oh, he remembered; the biting tones, the threats, and the judgmental glare she had given him as he conducted an innocent experiment. He had been taught well the boundaries of this land, the factions and where he fit within them. Sin had had no choice in the matter—they were his enemy. It was such that Sin looked upon the mare with alarm and wariness, backing up quickly from her as he lashed his tail in aggravation. She was an enemy. Perhaps there was a bit of personal bias in that belief, but Sin had no desire for a confrontation such as this. His life was going swimmingly; he needed no shades of his past.

*"Don't tell me you're here waiting for someone...?"*

“Were that true,”Sin said in careful tones, “be rest assured, ma’am, that you are certainly not whom I would wait for.” He needed to get out of there, and quickly too. This was an interesting place to observe, surely, but it wasn’t worth the trouble of conflict. She may or may not be different from the others, but Sin didn’t want to take the chance on this night. It was too beautiful for ugly, bitter things. “If you wish for me to leave, I will do so willingly,” Sin said, dipping his head ever so slightly—though she was of the mutant bloodline, he must retain his airs and graces, “though I must admit: if was my company you sought, your desire is surely unrequited.” With that, Sin threw his head to the right, away from her, and started at a brisk trot into the crimson night. Hopefully she only wanted him gone from this questionable territory; he would willingly oblige that desire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMG Credit: ness094@deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Zikar-Sin - 03-12-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 03-12-2013, 11:21 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Zikar-Sin - 03-18-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 03-24-2013, 11:01 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Zikar-Sin - 03-25-2013, 12:02 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 03-25-2013, 01:43 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Zikar-Sin - 03-27-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 04-08-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Zikar-Sin - 04-15-2013, 09:52 PM