the Rift

Babylon Sister [Phaedra]

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

The stallion’s limbs trembled as some sort of fine, silvery, misty film of something settled itself on his brain--gently, provocatively—dulling the senses of the Disciple’s mental processes. He felt suffocated, as though no oxygen were making it to his vital blood vessels; he could barely breathe as the limber fae made her sultry way towards him. In a sense, he felt blinded as well; the Goddess of the Moon had kindly granted him superior vision in the night, allowing the stars both above him and below to illuminate his path with a myriad of color and gorgeous light until the season waned. Right here, however, as he stood entranced with the siren, none of that magic mattered; the scenery all around him was as dust compared to a gilded stature when he looked at the Pegasus.

All was not lost to oblivion, however. There was a tiny inkling of a voice, a mere whisper compared to the torrent of newfound passions Sin felt—but it was there. It didn’t say words—his mind was still confused for that—but it was a hum of discontent, a click of the tongue that hated the proceedings. Something wasn’t right. This picture wasn’t an acceptable one, and Sin heard the tiny voice and conceded. He knew something wasn’t right, but that was all. He only knew. He didn’t act on it…and actually tried to suppress that tiny voice of reason. There was a larger piece of him that did this; a base, primal part of Sin’s entire male being that…that enjoyed these new feelings.

Though, again, Sin was oblivious to the battle of his natural wills. He only knew the Gypsy Girl.

"Why darling, you've not told me your name…”*

Her voice wafted to him—a voice that was already musical, yet now sounded like a full symphony of angelic chorales-- and his breath hitched as his mind began to wage all sorts of battles. Why does she want to know my name? some paranoid corner of his think-pan whispered. How come I’ve never mentioned my title to her? said another, louder, cruder murmur, How rude of me, keeping things like that from her! I’m scandalized! Yet another sarcastic voice proffered its two-cents. You want to talk about a scandal, hmm? I could give you a juicy one right about now...

“I’m…I’m Sinny,” the stallion blurted, completely forgetting himself and allowing those voices to duke it out in his mind as he floundered with his responses. He shook his head jerkily even as the words tumbled from his mouth. “No, no, that’s not right. I’m properly called Zikar-Sin, m’lady. Disciple of the Aurora Basin.” Why was he telling her this? He still wasn’t quite sure of his own motives. “You…can call me Sinny, though, if you wish ma’am.” Sin looked at her with his eyes wide and shining helplessness all over the place; he proffered a mild, hesitant grin, a bashful sort chuckle escaping his lips. He wasn’t quite sure what was going on in his head, but the overpowering desire for her to call him Sinny was startling. It was a really a base sort of wish, and with it came the visage of Tolio swimming behind his eyelids again. And yet again, the image was pushed away by the vain face of the Gypsy.

He really, really wanted her to call him Sinny”.

Sin wanted to talk to her. He wanted desperately to stay and chat with her, laugh with her, learn about her and where she came from; he wanted to see what kinds of things she liked to do, wonder what her family life was like, ask if she had been blessed with motherhood. He wanted to stand there in the blistering heat of the Heart and gab his heart out until the sun rose and his senses cleared—yet he didn’t feel addled in the head. Sin felt so very content just to stand there in her presence—as though it were the one thing he had truly desired in life. He was complete here. Yet he was dead in the water, completely fumbling for something to say. He was a man of science and philosophy—would she like something like that? Did she pursue the knowledge of life? Did she value the observations of the interworkings of the world? If she did….Sin’s heart might break with the gladness he’d feel.

He desperately wanted to make sure she was happy.

“Do…do you like trees?” Sin asked tentatively, his eyes glowing as he looked nervously up into the Gypsy’s visage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMG Credit: ness094@deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Zikar-Sin - 03-12-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 03-12-2013, 11:21 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Zikar-Sin - 03-18-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 03-24-2013, 11:01 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Zikar-Sin - 03-25-2013, 12:02 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 03-25-2013, 01:43 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Zikar-Sin - 03-27-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 04-08-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: Babylon Sister [Phaedra] - by Zikar-Sin - 04-15-2013, 09:52 PM