Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Quote:The best are of course absurd ones like,
"What would you do if Mauja sat next to you on the bus to school?"
LMFAO

Anyway. I write.. very organically? These days I sometimes do not read my posting partner's response until it is time for me to reply, simply because I often get a "spark" of muse when I read it, and I do not want that to fade while I do other things (like derp around). At other times, I do read the reply, and often I get a clear idea of what Mauja will do, and then I just hope it won't fade before I have the time to respond. I never plot, I never structure, I just.. write. Even if I do not know what will happen I just start with a few lines, and Mauja pretty much.. writes himself. Sometimes I have a notion what he'll do, but in like half of the cases it turns out that when I write, he does something else entirely. I typically respond quite fast to threads, though depending on my general mood/other activities it sometimes takes longer, sometimes shorter. Okay, ugh, this is going to suck, I need to use headers or it will be a long wall of ramble text!

HOW DOES THE NEO WRITE?

Like this.

I usually keep my fingers in check and don't accidentally lose my posts, but it's happened once or twice but I'm too much of a moron to change my ways. :B Anyway, it's got a bit of routine to it - I copy my table into the reply area and start writing. Because I hate formatting speech with font colors after I have written the post. DOES IT WHILE WRITING.

And if you think my text looks large, you're right. I've got Helovia zoomed in about two clicks on my scroll wheel, as I find it much nicer to read this large text. XD You can also see my tabs, I've got the Art tracker up, and a YouTube song (Mauja has recently discovered Breaking Benjamin, and quite likes them!). I typically re-read my latest post in the thread and the posts since then before replying, and sometimes I check exactly what actions were made/what was said, but sometimes I just trust my memory.
Which doesn't always work. xD

HOW DOES THE NEO WRITE, 2.0? (and why does she always ramble?)

Like I said, I write very.. well... I just WRITE. I never structure my posts, I just start writing, and I've got somewhat of a "standard length" for a paragraph, but I usually just "feel" when a new one starts, and then I do a break. Basically I just.. I just go where the words take me, and some of my more.. emotional/thought process posts end up with several shorter paragraphs, instead of my fairly-standard-Neo-post-three-paragraphs type. Dialogue and action and descriptions just happen.

What I know is that, sometimes I am quite selfish in the way that I mull over Mauja's thoughts and motives and fears and whatever. Sometimes I am secretive and do not, sometimes I and he are not ready to plunge into it, but frequently I do and I always wonder if people like or dislike having to read it? Because, all the thoughts going through his head are not things you can respond to, as he's just staring blankly at you. :P So sometimes I am guilty of not giving my partner much to respond to, but at the same time, I write for myself, and.. I enjoy exploring Mauja's mind. But, yeah. Neo style is to just start writing, and the average time it takes for me to write a post is 20 minutes. Sometimes I proof-read before posting, most of the time I don't (so sometimes there's some he/she mix-ups, or dropped words, and the one that baffles me the most is when I wrote "fire" instead of "blue" here: ".. and the sky slowly took on a shimmer, in vague, distant shades of green and fire."). I always proof-read and edit my Fight posts, they're pretty much the only posts I really "work" at.

WHAT INSPIRES NEO?

I don't know. I usually sink into a pit of depression when reading good books, in some twisted, masochistic way.. but music can either kill or make a post for me. Usually I just listen to songs the character likes at the moment, but sometimes if the "wrong" song is playing it's like being stuck, then I switch song and wham the words just flow! Otherwise, I think my main fuel is my emotions, and Mauja's independent presence in my mind, and the story he is living out. It is interesting for me because he is not so much ruled by me, as comes to life from my fingers - he is his own, he does his own things, and if I mess with that, bad things happen. I enjoy watching his story unfold, because I do not know where it is going, and that motivates me a lot - his relationships, his trials and his successes... Mer. /sounds insane

SOMETIMES SHE GETS STUCK.

Sometimes writing a post is like trying to shove my mind through a meat grinder. Either I give up, try again later, or save what I have as a draft and come back to it.. or I keep going. Some of my posts are really hard to start, so I just start jotting down some of my usual poetic crap about the landscape or Mauja and then it just gradually gets easier and a post flows out. Sometimes I do not find my flow/connection at all, and after a while I just post something longer than 250 words, hoping for more muse for the next round or an end to the thread. XD I have a hard time getting back into old threads if they've been unanswered for a few weeks, and usually find myself prematurely ending them to get them of my back.

CONCLUSION

Neo just writes. End of story. xD
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
How do YOU write? - by Whit - 03-12-2013, 11:51 PM
RE: How do YOU write? - by Ink - 03-14-2013, 09:21 AM
RE: How do YOU write? - by Snö - 03-14-2013, 02:19 PM
RE: How do YOU write? - by Zikar-Sin - 03-18-2013, 08:27 PM
RE: How do YOU write? - by Torasin - 03-26-2013, 07:51 AM
RE: How do YOU write? - by Mauja - 03-26-2013, 08:14 AM
RE: How do YOU write? - by Psyche - 03-26-2013, 01:18 PM