the Rift

A World Of Opportunity [OPEN]

Fiska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Stepping into the woods before her, Fiska could not help but feel that something was different. Perhaps it was how old this place clearly was, or perhaps it was that after running for so long she had finally decided to stop runnning and settle down, but something had changed. But she did not enter the woods as a frisky filly might, throwing herself into the unknown. Instead, she hesitated, looked back for a moment. She could never go back after what she had done, just as she couldn't afford to let herself relive that moment that had changed everything again. She had killed her brother, her parents would kill her if they ever found her, and she needed to accept that she would never be the horse she had once dreamed of being.

As such, it was slowly that the chocolate-coated femme moved through the ancient trunks, dwarfed by their height. A long mane flowed gently down her neck and despite a stocky build a wise stallion would see her beauty. She did not perhaps have the poise and grace that a lighter built filly might, but she was strong and sure in herself, not to mention she was smart. At least in her own mind. In truth, she was wiser than many of her age but she was not smart - she was manipulative. But even she could not escape the foolishness that the right words could bring out in a young filly. Flattery, it seemed, was her greatest weakness.

In time, she became less nervous as she realised that what lay before her was opportunity - a chance to forge a new path, to settle down with a herd and work her way into power. After all, she had never forgotten the teachings of her father. Strength and power were the way forwards, and the sun and moon gods could give her that. She paused, closing her eyes for a second before continuing onwards in an attempt to find someone, anyone. She had been alone for long enough, what she craved more than anything was company.

Loosing patience in her search she stopped, sighing. "A world of opportunity..." she said, more to herself than to anyone else.

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky
The dark bay stallion walked through the Threshold once again. His goal was to find a horse willing to join him and follow him back to the Assassins were he would take it to meet Ignita. He needed to find someone to come with him. He told her that he would. A loyal member would never break a promise. He had promised to help recruit more into the Assassins so that they could fore fill their plans. They could not do that with only four members.

Scents of helpless unicorns , pegasi, and equines stung his nose. Poor desperate things… They just wanted a home… It made him sick. A fresh scent came to the steed’s nose. His dark blue eyes rolled as he trotted off to go find the horse that had found its way over to Helovia. A chocolate colored figure crossed his vision. “Oh fuck. Time to act all nicey nice.” He though. Putting on a fake smile that felt awkward on his face, he walked over. It was a mare. A filly equine.

“Hello and welcome to Helovia. I am Tonka and a proud member of the Assassins. May I ask why you have come here?” It was torture. He hated this nice act and did not know how long he could keep it up for. To keep his mind off of this for a minute, he started to observe the mare. Her pelt was the color of the dirt beneath his hooves and she was quite small. Small enough to make him bend his massive just to get a good luck at her golden eyes. Despite her small frame, she did have a very nice build. Muscle was bulging from her body. Perfect for an assassin. He then took in a whiff to record the scent of the mare. She defiantly did not have a place home. She reeked of the forest, unlike him who had the nice and clean smell of a snowy atmosphere. Tonka would get the mare to come with him.

Unregistered
She didn't know how long she would wait here, she wasn't deperate like many or call out like a fool to announce herself to any that might hear. She wanted a home, yes, a place within a group, but she would not beg. She would not just bow her head like some slave to another's will. After all, she had some pride and would not forsake it. But she knew she was no leader here, and for now she had no intention of being. She wanted to grow, to adapt so that she might be ready in time to take those steps and if she selected where she went carefully then she might have a chance at progressing more quickly than in other groups.

But she was new, she knew little of these herds beyond their existence, let alone their size. She did not seek out any group in particular, and was happy to wait more quietly. Some said patience was a virtue, but she would not go that far. It was just useful when one was unaware of things in a new place. But as she knew nothing, those here knew nothing either. If she wanted this could be a new start, or she could admit what she had done. It would all depend on the group, she supposed, and what she felt would work best for her.

The stallion that found her was a unicorn and for a moment her eyes narrowed as she eyed the dark horn and large build of the older creature. But his words were kind enough and piqued her interest. Assassins, eh? If they followed their namesake she had no need to hide her past from them and that would make things easier. She smiled at him, lifting her head to meet his eyes.

"Well hello, Tonka. My name is Fiska, a mere stranger to these lands and I suppose I am here because it is the place where my journey has brought me. I have travelled for a year now, half my life, and I stopped for I am considering settling down." she paused, wishing a wind could reach through the canopy ahead but found her wish unanswered. "But my story is boring, I assure you. I would rather hear of these assassins you are part of."

Hidden Account
Sky
The smile that came to the mares face made Tonka feel sure that he would have her come with him. She looked pretty interested, and if he kept her interest, he would soon be showing her to Ignita. He could not help but think of the invasion that would be soon and the herdlands they would take over. Maybe even a promotion for himself. How he would love that. He would feel important and at least then he would know that Ignita trusted him the same amount that he trusted her. She was the only one he would trust. She was his leader, and she would bring him and the rest of the assassins to victory. The sly smile was hiding under his skin as the thoughts of taking over kept flowing through his mind.

Well hello, Tonka. My name is Fiska, a mere stranger to these lands and I suppose I am here because it is the place where my journey has brought me. I have travelled for a year now, half my life, and I stopped for I am considering settling down. But my story is boring, I assure you. I would rather hear of these assassins you are part of. The mare spoke and broke his thoughts. He kept a kind smile on his face, and he tried his hardest to make it not fade into his usually cold looking inexpression. It was nearly killing him to do this. He could not take being kind and he did not know how much longer it would take him to snap. No he would not break down. He had to get her to follow him. For the good of the Assassins. The soft sunlight stroked his dark bay pelt and filled him with warmth. He hated it. The steed preferred the coldness of his home lands and could not wait to get back and leave this place.

“The Assassins are a group of skilled unicorns, pegasi, and equines who plan on climbing to the top. I can’t tell you much more right now, but if you follow me back to my home then we will tell you our plans. I cannot reveal to much to someone unknown.” He was not lying, if he told her the plans and she told them to others, they would have to make a new one. That would not be good.

Unregistered
This group of equines the stallion spoke of were clearly secretive for he informed her he could tell her little more than that they were skilld equines but that in itself was enough. If the assassins were skilled then she could learn from them and knowledge was, everyone with half a brain knew, a form of power. It certainly wasn't all power - you didn't need knowledge to be strong, and knowledge did not bring the magical gifts of the gods, but it was power. To Fiska any chance of power could only be a good thing, and in this her father's influence was still clear. But she showed none of this outwardly, instead scratching at the ground a little as she seemed to think. Her decision was already made, but she did not want to seem too eager.

"Words are like wind and you can never truly trust what another says, in keeping quiet I believe you are showing wisdom. After all, I could well have chosen not to join you. But I am interested, I would like to learn more of this group and if the name alone is anything to go by I think I may like it there. So what must one do, to be accepted into this most mysterious group?"

It was the way he spoke that had truly made her want to follow. There was pride in his words, he truly cared for the subject and if a herd could inspire pride in it's members that in turn would inspire loyalty. Yes, she was sure this stallion knew a lot that he could teach her, and as for his leader... Whoever it was had a sure head on their shoulders, a sharp mind to lead these skilled creatures. What those skills were, however, and if they truly existed were yet to be revealed.

Hidden Account
Sky

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tonka had hoped that his words and fake kindness had drawn her into following him. If not, then the brute might have just gone and told Ignita that he has failed, and is not able to do the simplest job in the world. No, he would not do that. He would not let his leader down. She had helped him when he had been chased off, and he would now help her. Determination was flowing through him now, and he would get this mare to come back with him. He could already tell that she was thinking about it, and possibly on the positive side.

So what must one do, to be accepted into this most mysterious group? The mare asked. Right at that moment, he knew that he had got her. Making his awkward smile bigger, he replied. "You must have determination. You must be ready for anything to happen. Only tell the ones you can ‘trust’ about your job, or if you’re in the Threshold that is. You must have faith to the leader, and patients. We will rise slowly or quickly to a real herdland when the time is right. But you must be accepted by our leader, Ignita.”

His sliver flecked blue eyes looked straight into her golden orbs. The words he spoke were not lies, but all true. “If you would like to come, then follow me.” He said, turning the other way and picking up a small canter. If she would like to meet his leader and be accepted, then he knew that she would follow. If not then she could find her own path into a different life.

((Tonka exits. If you would like me to make an acceptence thread for the Assassins, then I can go set one up ;) ))

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Stock

Unregistered
It was not his kindness that had lured her, not his clearly false smiles. She had seen through that, which was not too difficult given the strain it seemed to cause him. No, it was the group itself which had intruiged her, which had caught her in a net. Her young mind was running away with the possibilities, and if the group lived up to their name... The secrecy surely did and the brute was surely one of strength. Yes, she would follow him. She would go and meet his leader, Ignita he named her. For only through Ignita could she gain acceptance into the group and find out more.

The chocolate filly watched for a moment as the much larger creature turned away and a smirk crossed her features. There was so much that seemed to be going right today and surely much to look forwards to. She had come here looking for an opportunity and one had leapt right into her path. The assassins... She had killed before, and if needed she would kill again. She had no qualms. Foals, elderly and sick or the powerful - she would go against them all. Her golden-brown eyes gleamed for a second and then that smirk disappeared as she took her first step forwards, lightly feathered legs moving in a slow four-beat behind the stallion who had brought her new life before her.

A whole new life, and a world of possibilities.