the Rift

greying out the predator[Phi | Ktu, Open]

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
      Tingal
      sometimes being unique takes it's toll

Here I was, waltzing through the Foothiils. I had caught wind that the Grey had invaded and had won, overthrowing the Foothills. I walked slowly, my chest puffed out and my legs striking the air in front of me. I kept my large skull high in the air and my green eyes focused on the ground.

My orange body stuck out against the green grasses of the Foothills. I could smell the stale scent of blood and horses, probably from the invasion. Tossing my head, I wish for the scent of blood to stay away from my nostrils. I hated the scent of blood. It reminded me of all the war that I had seen over the time I traveled.

Lowering my head, I inhale the smell of grasses before raising my elegant head. I rear up, giving a loud neigh. I box the air with my legs for a moment before setting them back on the earth. I let it the neigh ring through the air for a moment, waiting patiently for someone to come.

My green eyes flicker to the trees, and I concentrate on them. I decide not to make the tree move, since I don't belong to this land. Slowly shifting my gaze to the sky, I look at the white clouds drifting through the sky like old men. Making their way past and onto a new area with slow movements.

Just like me. But I tried to move from the Throat swiftly. Which didn't exactly turn out too well... but I was here now. I had left the Throat to come here. To join the Grey. Speaking of the Grey... My mind drifted to the mare, Phaedra whom I had met in the Deep Forest. Maybe I would see her here in the Foothills? Lashing my tail, I wait patiently for someone to answer my call.

"Talk"
MoonsongStock | table by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA & TINEK</style>
Heavens ablaze in our eyes, we're standing still in time
the blood on our hands is the wine, we offer a sacrifice
</style>

Ophelia wondered when the curious faces of those who did not believe in them before would finally pause. Had they no shame? They sat and watched, waiting to join the victor in their victory without any effort on their part, and she was growing tired of such... selfishness. All in all, she was tired. The weight of battle sat on her body with laughter and on her hard with anguish, and she spied a newcomer, though his appearance was strange. Like Osiris, he seemed half of something else. Equine features were clear to see in his form, but his coat was shaggy and striped.

With a slight limp, the pale mare moved toward the half-tiger and paused, gaze resting on him coldly. She could not manage to pull her compassionate spirit from behind locked doors, and quite frankly, she did not want to. Her heart was safer, blocked from outside stimulus, and she paused in front of the creature, exhaling a deep breath. "Come to participate in the victory without throwing your body into the fires of war?" she asked rather pointedly, not interested in social graces.

The overhead sun beat down on her back, but the brightness no longer brought life. No, the light only illuminated what was better laid to rest in darkness. It seemed almost cruel, the sunlight shimmering off of blood stains on the earth and caressing unconscious bodies, casting a torch on their trials and failures. War belonged in darkness under the cloak of night, not to hide, but so that the sun had no reason to laugh.

BOOM | Horse | Background

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

High above, a mostly white bird circled. Her brilliantly orangey-yellow face peered down, silently transmitting mental imagery to her bonded. Far below, Phaedra moved silently, her face stern. She had met this strange hybrid once before - in the Deep Woods. Levi had been there as well, if memory served. And although her memory was no where near as reliable as Ophelia's, she still remembered her annoyance at Levi's macho attitude towards the would-be tiger, which definitely placed him at the scene. She had asked him that day, if he had any business with the Grey...and he declined. Why was he here now? Because they had a proper herdland? But this creature also had a run in with her children, although Phae wouldn't be surprised if he was unaware that the horned-twins were of her blood. Hotaru, seemed quite taken by the creature, whereas Raeden thought he was a bit of a dolt. Their perceptions weren't very surprising, and her twins couldn't have been more different. Hotaru was understanding and trusting of the world, whereas Raeden was skeptical and stony. However, she felt her intuitions resting more Raeden, than Hotaru.

Phae had been working on her skills as a spy long before Ophelia had granted her a new title and rank magic, which only served to amplify the silent way in which she had learned to move. Filtering through the sunlight, Phaedra's golden body appeared like a ray of light, moving to stand near the taller white frame of Ophelia. She too, wanted to know Tingal's business here, and whether it simply had to do with their most recent triumph. "Tingal" She said without emotion, stifling her flirtatious nature out of respect for Ophelia. While it made her a valuable spy, she very much doubted that the rather poised and posh leader was overly fond of her natural talents. "This is the second time I found you prowling around my home, sugar. You stalking me?" Although this was finished with a silvery laugh, and her voice remained light, her words nonetheless echoed Ophelia's sentiment, of why he was here.

HP: 45.5

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
      Tingal
      sometimes being unique takes it's toll

A white figure appears, it's unfamiliar beauty gleaming upon me like rays of sunlight. A lithe alabaster mare strode towards me, a face as cold as stone placed upon her features. A dragon was near her, it's silvery scales glinting in the light. Her pale lips begin to form words, and I look at her. Me? I-In war....? "I had no side to fight for. Besides, I am not very good at battle..." my last sentence drifted off into silence, and my dark lips closed tightly.

The light shimmered down upon the blood stained ground under my hooves, and I shift my weight. The constant smell of blood seemed to fade as I got used to it, but I still disliked the faint scent of crimson blood in my nostrils. While I'm thinking about the awful stench a familiar mare slides beside the pale mare. Glancing up, I smile. It was Phaedra, the mare I had met in the Deep Forest before the Grey had taken the Foothills for themselves. My dark lips are curled in a joyful smile, my green eyes staring at the golden mare. "How could you ever accuse me of that, Phaedra? Do I look like I'm stalking you?" A faint tint of playfulness could be found within those words somewhere. I continue speaking, my eyes settled on Phaedra. "I was only coming here for a home. That's all." Tilting my head forward, I stare at Phaedra. Now that I looked at her, I did see Hotaru in her. Maybe my guess had been correct?

I had been itching to join the Grey when Phaedra had mentioned it long ago. How long had that been? Back when I was in the Dragon's Throat, that was for sure. Shaking my large head, I stare at the two mares before me. They both looked a little... dull? Well, not exactly dull, but.... maybe still tired from the invasion? Staring at them, I can feel the heat of the sun beating down upon my back, warming it up. I hated having a longer fur coat in Tallsun, it was uncomfortable. Peeling my mind from my thoughts, I draw my attention to the mares of the Grey, waiting for one of them to speak.

"Talk"
MoonsongStock | table by Tay