the Rift

Shadows, Fires and a Wolf [Mirage, Mad/Mask, Rafe, open]

Rafe Posts: 30
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Tamme

RAFE</style>
  The coldest blood runs through my veins</style>

Rafe had one by brute strength, but this child of black had one through a cleverness he found to be intriguing. Though not stupid, the red bay had more often relied on his physical prowess rather than exercising any mental abilities. Who would not when you possess four horns and massive stature by birth? He supposed that being as small and quiet as the little raven who captured him was required a more manipulative and thoughtful way of going about necessary business. As he saw the borders of the forest appear, the stallion only smiled a little. Ah, so the black bird had wanted his prey?

A warrior was not necessary; Rafe respected when he was caught, and he followed willingly. Madryn and Maskan were forcibly removed from his possession, which he found ironic considering that he was moments away from releasing them himself. The blue eyed Rafe had no interest in keeping the twins any longer than he had to, and he longed to go see the land he heard the Grey had won. Not fighting to babysit a pair of oversized brothers had been the most irritating and frustrating wait of his entire life. So he thanked the dark one for releasing him from that boring bind.

Rafe's emotionless gaze found the bird sitting on a branch, and the stallion paused. "You realize that I was going to return the brothers of my own free will? I have no interest in holding captives for no reason..." he trailed with a sarcastic smile. Whatever waited for him in this forest, he would face it boldly and confidently. He was not afraid of the mists or darkness that had cradled his dreams when his parents died. He was not afraid of death. When the end came and he would be judged, Rafe would stand behind his actions, not one of them a blight on his bloody records.

"You are clever, you know. The Grey would be lucky to have such a keen bird..." Rafe was passing the time with talk, but perhaps he would gain some favor while he was waiting - he assumed - for the leader of this land .

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shadows, Fires and a Wolf [Mirage, Mad/Mask, Rafe, open] - by Rafe - 03-14-2013, 12:02 PM