the Rift

Shadows, Fires and a Wolf [Mirage, Mad/Mask, Rafe, open]

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I swivel my head at the sound of Rafe's voice, frustration creasing my 'brow momentarily. I cannot be sure if he tells me the truth, I know wolves are fond of lying, but a weight in my heart suspects he is. The knowledge that I went through the trouble of capturing him for little reason ruffles my feathers.

How was I to know? The Basin kept our prisoners for far too long and would have longer if we had not acted. I was not about to let that happen once more. Maybe I wasted my time capturing he who was about to release those of true value, but at the very least he can be brought before Mirage to pay for his crimes.

I wonder if you can be convicted of anything whilst war rages.

A cruel compliment slips from the toothed maw of the stallion. Once more my head turns towards him, beady eyes regarding him with a certain distrust I think is well earned. I can't say I've been complimented much in my life, so when it does occur I feel unduly proud. I take new interest in this Rafe and his Grey in that moment.

Mirage arrives then with her kin and my attention snaps back towards her, my back to the wolf and all his hunger.

The Dragonheart is cordial enough, though her irritation is almost palpable. I am disappointed that she does not do more with my wonderful catch, but I say nothing, as always. Her will is her own and I would rather be rid of an opponent in our midst and our mists than to be forced to sleep with one eye open. She gives her orders and I nod, alighting to my dark wings once more.

I will travel with him to the borders and then no further. I have duties to attend to elsewhere.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shadows, Fires and a Wolf [Mirage, Mad/Mask, Rafe, open] - by Ink - 03-19-2013, 12:49 PM