the Rift

sunset shadow and summer snow [open]

Valka Posts: 32
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3
tay
“Valka,” Snö repeated the name and on her lips it was almost majestic. Valka’s dark ears remained fixed forward, now drinking in every breath of reply Snö might utter. She sounded kind, thought the dark mare – kinder than any wild thing could be expected to behave. Snö was less like the wolf, less like the driving storm, and more like… something warm and alive. Valka studied the pristine horn that spiraled gracefully up from between Snö’s eyes. That looked cold, she thought, and yet far more lovely – more honed – than her own uneven horn. To be truthful, Valka suddenly felt dreadfully common; here she was no witch-daughter. Here she was merely another daughter, and though the other mare was smaller than herself this Snö looked strong, and oh-so-proud.

Valka sucked in a small breath, an attempt at a sigh, and tried to keep her upright stance unwavering. Snö had been talking while Valka thought – talking about a herd of many unicorns! Of course they lived up in the north – they were creatures of wind and frost, cold and unforgiving. Excited, Valka stamped her forefeet. ”They would accept me?” she asked, eager to leave now and do no explaining. Mindful that she didn’t want to anger the other unicorn, though, Valka bit her tongue and settled just a bit. ”I… was not raised among our kind. I was raised by dull-witted horses of a herd far from here. I knew my kind was elsewhere, and that I did not belong with such ugly creatures, so I left. And now I have found you!” Pride sang in her voice, and glee. She was quite prepared to run north at a hard gallop until she found them – this herd of Snö’s.

stock credit: elaineselenstock.deviantart.com | hellofascination1991.deviantart.com | burtn.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
sunset shadow and summer snow [open] - by Valka - 03-14-2013, 07:52 PM
RE: sunset shadow and summer snow [open] - by Valka - 03-20-2013, 02:59 PM