the Rift

A Message in a Bottle [Mirage]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Her presence did not go unnoticed and I did not hesitant to turn to her with a welcome smile. The little golden dragon that joined us was sure to make introduction and I murmured softly to her as her claws alit upon the swells of my back. The soft grappling of hair between talented hooks caught me by surprise but Mirage was already explaining Akaith’s actions in a voice that spoke of restless nights. The soft weight of the amulets tugging against the thick roots of my mane made my heart lift ever so slightly. I was warm with a feeling akin to happiness despite the dreary days ahead. The two of us stood rather silently for a time and I couldn’t help but think that the weight of the world seemed to ride on our shoulders as we gazed into the storm ahead. Like old friends, I felt as if nothing had to be said as we stood side by side. I respected Mirage not because she was my liege but because she was a respectable mare, even if her title were to be stripped. “Thank you Mirage… I am quite honored.

The weather began to press forward and watching it come made me wonder what could be done. So much change was headed our way and yet, as if I stood at the eye of the storm, the calm was almost surreal. It was as if my thoughts were racing a hundred miles per hour while my physical body stood still. Whatever caused me to feel this way seemed to be echoed in Mirage because her eyes were able to share with me what her words could not. However, when she broke the silence again, all traces of whatever weighed on her had disappeared. “I am more than delighted to serve the Quian in whatever is asked of me or otherwise. However, I have noticed that we are more than ready for a herd meeting if you know what I mean. We need to know who exactly remains faithful to our cause because it seems as if we a few and far between due to the absence of so many despite my constant efforts to see the problem abolished.

I looked toward Akaith now, eyeing her softly as if she too were an old trusted friend. It was easy to look upon the two with affection of a friendly kind as it was one that put me at ease in their presence- even on the cloudiest days.

The stale fragrance of rain began to waft upon the breeze which was a blessing within itself because while the thunder and lightning often brought with them a sense of dread, the rain itself brought life. After every storm there was a moment of sheer bliss when the sun shone down from the heavens and I was waiting for that said moment to shed light on my life as it had when I had accepted this mare’s invitation to join the Edge. Looking out over the cliff’s face I decided not to let my worries get the best of me. Whatever lie ahead was something that would only make sense when the time came and I was more than happy to wait for the light, especially if it meant waiting for it in the best of company.

Messages In This Thread
A Message in a Bottle [Mirage] - by Thor - 03-14-2013, 10:09 PM
RE: A Message in a Bottle [Mirage] - by Mirage - 03-16-2013, 07:24 AM
RE: A Message in a Bottle [Mirage] - by Thor - 03-18-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: A Message in a Bottle [Mirage] - by Mirage - 03-19-2013, 07:30 AM
RE: A Message in a Bottle [Mirage] - by Thor - 03-19-2013, 04:41 PM