the Rift

A Sad Farwell [Osiris]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The memory of Osiris guiding her to her new home some how seemed ironic. The pearly essence let her weighted hooves slice the bloodied earth. The Foothills had now been tainted by war and Nadira wasn’t sure how she felt about that. She had avoided putting up a fight, as she had seen it was pointless. In the quiet part of her thoughts, she had also heard the wolf creatures words of not always being able to protect her, and then with the Boggart, after just having arrived. He had offered his protection and she had accepted with the condition he understood she would fight either way. If it hadn’t been for him and Comadre, who knows if she would still be walking.

Her heart was weighted and heavy. She had promised herself she would not let herself feel for another ever again. And here she had fallen for the half wolf and half horse, not knowing whether he would ever return the same feelings. She didn’t expect him too just because it was something she was trying herself to refuse, but found it hard. And now there was Tharos, making evident advances and it was becoming too much for her to bear. Maybe if she disappeared for a while, she could allow herself some time to cool down and rethink her strategy.

The Basin was at the top of her escape route. Despite the unwelcome feeling she had witnessed towards her herdmates, the Basin’s healer had let them leave safely because of her and that gave her hope that maybe they would accept her after the invasion of the Foothills. With such a pummeling pulse within her cranium, her spirit cried for some serenity and peace. Without any more adieu, the spotless mare picked up her golden hooves and disappeared out of site until she could no longer breathe.

Her throat had gone raw, while her soaked jowl from the salty tears had come surging forth. Her blurred vision had led her astray and due north, into the Heavenly Fields. But her fluent gait did not cease until she was the stream’s edge. Only then did she allow her lungs to gasp for breath. Unconsciously, she pinned her ears in frustration. It was more out of mood habit than anything else, and she hadn’t quite mastered the technique of separating that human part of her from the unicorn side of things. Osiris may not know it, but she knew what it was like to be different, and not in the sense of being from ancient times in her manners and behaviors.

Stepping into the cool and refreshing liquid, she waded up to her chest and the warmth of the sun beat down on her weary body. For relatively being on the younger end of the spectrum, she felt like she was aging and growing old. She continued to heave for the fresh air to fill her lungs and satisfy her thirst for oxygen. As the sun reflected off the water’s surface, Nadira could have been mistaken for a figment of the imagination. Almost like the water goddess appearing for the very first time. The coolness helped calm her nerves and the fresh air that now satisfied her thirst had renewed her being. But the tears still remained stained against her silver cheeks.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

osiris</style>                                                      even holding on tight won't save us this time.</style>
image by Massimo Valiani @ flickr.com</style>

"Don't get too far ahead."

The voice is calm yet firm. On the side of the mountain, approaching from the depths of the Foothills below, a strange pair climb the crooked trail. Well, one is climbing, the other is causing quite a ruckus flying in the air. Little rocks mysteriously get lifted, thrown, and clatter down the side of the mountain, making an array of noises in their descent. Large golden eyes roll with each one that gets tossed, and a cackling coo rises in time with them. "Stop that," a gruff voice finally snaps, much like the bark of a dog. A saddened sigh echoes out of the path and down the mountain.

"You're never any fun, Osiris," the small dragon coos sadly into his mind.

Dejected, bored, and ultimately saddened, the black sails on leathered wings to land upon the broad back of his bonded. The little dragon stretches, his legs reaching out much like a cat, before curling up in a ball just behind the withers of the hybrid. The fragile wings wrapped around his body, Comadre is nothing but a pile of black scales. "Oi, you're going to sleep?" the wolf asks, his golden eye peeking back and catching one of violet before it snaps shut. "You are the one that wanted to see the fields." The dragon shrugs slightly in his position, nestling his nose deep into the fur of his companion. "Throwing all those rocks was hard work." The ears of the wolf flick back for a moment, and the larger of the pair lets out a grumble. A cackle escapes from the lips of the reptile.

It is around this time that the misty bellies of clouds begin to touch the ears of the massive stallion, and he flicks them back uncertainly as he pauses to look up at the grey emptiness. Many had said the fields were beyond the clouds, but the hybrid had not actually believed them. Now, he sighs, taking steps forward and keeping his eyes sternly on the ground, lest he take dangerous steps off into the world below. When the murky grey world is broken, the pair look up together, unto a field lit with sparkling sunlight and flowers. One looks forward passively, while the other leaps into action. Wings unfurl, the dragon is airborne and soaring about, his trills heard from above. "I thought you were tired," the wolf mutters to himself before moving forward into the field.

Despite his overall sour appearance, if you watched closely enough, Osiris takes cautious steps to avoid crumpling even the smallest of flowers.

"Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrr," the dragon calls from above, before twirling about the wolf's head - a nattering fly. The reptile points with a clawed hand, gesturing forward for the massive brute to follow. Nadira. Golden eyes turn forward, but his body is locked still. He can see the reflection of white standing in the river, but it is not relief that floods his chest. It is guilt. Nadira obviously survived the invasion of her home, but was it not his own family that drove her out? As his feral eyes land upon her frame, he looks down toward the ground, shame hidden in the corners of his closed eyes.

Purposeful and forced steps bring the wolf forward, lifting his head to reveal a stoic face, much like the rocks of the mountains he had just climbed. The hybrid walks toward the banks of the stream before pausing, looking toward the frame of ivory in the center of the water, her blue eyes heavier than rainstorms. "Lady Nadira," he says, his voice rather normal, bored even, but his stance seems weary.
""

Hidden Account
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The cool liquid ran down the delicate pipe of white. Sapphire pools were closed and the sounds of the world were of irrelevance to her at this particular moment. So when she heard the tune of her name that haunted her, her movements were sharp with surprise as she dodged to get a good grasp on Osiris’s big and overbearing frame. Osirs… She didn’t have time to wonder if the dried streaks on her cheeks had vanished, but not like it mattered. It was to late to do anything about it now. Though water droplets now hung off her jaw from the spraying water of her quick and rhythmic action. How should she feel? What emotion should she portray? Should she be sad she had lost a home, or should she be trying to look for a silver lining?

With such formalities, it was a wonder how she still felt close to the hybrid. But with formalities came restrictions, and even in the private sanctuary of the northern fields, she kept her distance. At this moment, she felt the forbidden desire only heighten within her. She would fight to stay strong. She did not need to break her own heart out of stupidity for wanting something she knew would never make sense. Helovia had changed the unicorn Osiris had greeted on her arrival. The mare who he had protected against the Boggart. Quietly and slowly, like cancer moving in on it’s prey, she had become callused and beginning the journey down the path to becoming cold. Though becoming heartless would never fully take place.

“Osiris.”

She dipped her façade like she had the first day they had met. The mixed emotions came like a flash flood and could have drowned her if she had not a grip on her poise. How would they get past this awkwardness? With the reversal of roles, so to speak, or the switching of roles from homeless to having some place to call home. But had she truly been home within the realms of the Foothills? Had she been trying to kid herself? She was so far from having a steady heart that settling in one area had not really kept her happy. Though, being alone had not made her happy ither. The one thing she knew was Osiris created feelings within her that scared her, more so than the advances from Tharos.

Half smiling, as it suddenly came with ease, she half cocked her listeners towards the stallion. The irony of their situation almost was too prominent not to notice. The waters had settled peacefully around her once again, reflecting the blue of her own visionaries. They were kind and gentle as they took in the resigned look given her. She couldn’t bring herself to dwell on the unpleasantries of the situation they found themselves in. Instead, she let go of a long and awaited release of a heavy sigh. Letting the silence last a while longer before letting her harmonies drift over the water, to reach Osiris’s ears.

“Do not look so down. You hold a heavy heart. I have seen this from the first day you greeted me.”

It was not her business to know the details, and frankly, she thought it better if she didn’t. She also held a heavy heart, but for reasons of her own accord as well. But the difference was, she didn’t let them visually weigh her down, instead she ran from her problems. And she hoped that she would someday be able to face them head on and defeat her nightmares and the hauntings that looked to devour her all moments of the night. But with the wolf-horse, she sensed he wore his heavy heart out in the open… Or was she the only one who could feel this?

“I hope you find the Foothills good to you as they were to me, for the time I was there. There are no hard feelings towards you or any member of your family. Please know I say this with genuine sincerity.”

The alabaster mare felt that leaving the part out about seeking refuge in the Basin as best. As of now, she had not even attempted to go searching for acceptance, and it would do no good to speak her thoughts. She had grown familiar with the lands and the territories, but she was still trying to get a grasp on the herds and what each thought of each other. So keeping her intentions to herself would only make things less complicate, something she readily accepted with open arms.

“I hope this does not hinder our friendship, Osiris. I have grown fond of Comadre and wish to still visit or cross paths with no misunderstandings.”

She wondered if she would ever be able to tell him her true feelings, or if she would wait until death. Would it ever be too late? Would she grow old and alone, like the fairy tales had all left her with? Only the unicorn and the maiden girl, in the forest, awaiting the end.

N A D I R A

Hidden Account

osiris</style>                                                      even holding on tight won't save us this time.</style>

His voice cracks like a whip in his ears, despite the fact that he had approached her. This mare of pale white, like chaste white flowers of spring, in the middle of the river. He had come to her. He had addressed her, yet the sound of his name in her mouth made him want to flee. It was not accusatory nor angered. It was not petulant or disdainful. Instead, it was a solemn uttered name that tore more violently through his mind then perhaps any words before. Osiris had not wanted to oust this delicate creature from her home, and, if anything, he had sought to protect her fully from the world's evils. Every fiber of this mare seemed gentle, young, naive, and he sought to guard it; still, as he stood upon the banks, with a heavy heart beating against his ribcage, he could not help but feel Nadira had become altered.

Despite all attempts to keep this lady safe, both from the Boggart and the Wilds of Helovia, the wolf had failed. What was his motive anyway? Why had he tried to prevent the inevitable?

Streaks of drying saline tears are upon her cheeks, and that is the fault of none other than himself, likely. The Grey had invaded, arisen victorious, yet the sword sharpened and thrust through his heart on that day was not the pain for Insanity's circumstances, but for this mare's. Osiris would tentatively call her a friend, but would she still consider him the same? The large hybrid had not fought directly, but he had not stopped the path of his family from seizing her home. A woeful face is turned toward her, golden eyes mournful. Comadre, sensing the tense air of the mood, is strangely silent, settling upon the back of the hybrid and curling tightly against his frame.

The period of silence remains, only to be broken by a gentle voice, crooning at him as if to ease his worries. In an instant, the look of torment on Osiris's face vanishes, and instead, the wolf's eyes narrow. His face turns from saddened to dark. "A fool claims to know the hearts of others," his voice, a deep baritone, is serious and biting. "The heart is deceitful by nature. Who can know it?" The hybrid turns his face away, golden eyes flaming yet distant, in the depths of his chest his heart beats fervorently. Virva, he thinks, knowing the name far too well. What cunning lies did you have me believe? False judgment passed upon others, though he was an unexpected optimist before. No, the hearts of others are malevolent things more often than not. He would do well to remember it.

"Do not fill my ears with gilded words. Speak openly with me, Nadira," he says, brutish yet calm, eyes desperately clinging to the edge of the water, anywhere aside from her face. "I do not seek comfort from your forgiveness. I am not the one in mourning here." Looking up finally, feral eyes seeking to hold her azure eyes steady. Friendship, what was that? What was this tie that she claimed to hold stake upon. Earlier, Osiris himself had thought her a friend himself, but now the concept was foreign. She was not family. She was not his lover. She was nothing except a mare he had betrayed by aiding the knife through her spine. "Do not offer me words of kindness when I deserve nothing."

A pause holds in his throat for a moment, but the wolf finally sombers, his face evening out to a stoic expression. "The evils of my being have been revealed in the ease of my betrayal of you. Choose your friends more carefully, lady Nadira."
""

Hidden Account
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

Nadira watched the contortion of the stallion’s face as his orbs narrowed. The white mare’s ears flattened. She hadn’t tried to sour the taste of the atmosphere that lingered in this beautiful terrain, but apparently she was good at bringing out retorts from the wolf. She let her slender form slip through the glass water undisturbed. She narrowed the gap between them enough to still allow some breathing room. She would let him speak his words that could be used like knives to cut her to shreds. But two hearts, broken and full of rage and fire would do no good fighting against each other.

Her sapphires grew cold, but she held her temper back. Being able to keep herself under control had always seemed like a difficult task to her, and even so now, it was. But cooler heads she had witnessed usually had prevailed. She waited a second, as she let his baritones fill her head with sharp and crisp daggers. She thought back to her time on earth, and if she was in her human form, she would be red with fury. She supposed this was one of the benefits to not being human.

"A fool, Osiris, denies himself. At least my fool-heartedness is something I shared with you openly and with honesty. A fool can do and say a lot of things, but we can’t be perfect all the time."

Nadira let her gaze drop. She had tried to be gentle and kind, but she was beginning to ponder whether or not Osiris could accept it as a genuine offer. She couldn’t deny that she had changed, even if it was just a little. And maybe that is the response she was receiving. But how could the wolf expect to shelter her, when they hardly were ever even seen side by side. Shaking her visage, last of the droplets dissipated back into the water.

"How much more must I give, before everything I am is taken away, Osiris? I do not look to comfort with my forgiveness, but more to prevent a barrier from being built. And you are just as much in mourning as I. But I can tell you that neither of our mourning is over the battlefield."

She waited until he had searched her visionaries out. She let him cut her with more retorts. She honestly thought it was more of himself berating his tried and true hopes of doing something good, or at least feeling it. And now? And now he felt like he had failed her and he was expressing his irritation out on her. Males sure had a weird way of expressing themselves, that was for sure. But even as she stood there now, she felt like everything was caving in around her. She had chosen her path, it was not his doing. She wondered if she should let him be, to his own thoughts. Let him battle his own demons, like she, herself, preferred.

"You are right, Osiris, I do not know your heart. But a soul without a heart is no soul at all, just a mindless being with no feeling. And you are no mindless being."

Nadira’s calmness overwhelmed her. She felt like a mother, she presumed, trying to calm the irritation and frustration of her broken hearted son. But Osiris was far from being her son. Keeping his gaze within her grasp, she waited for the torrent of accusations that she could only imagination graced the tip of his tongue. How much more of this did he believe she could take before another tear would break from its barriers.

N A D I R A

Hidden Account

Her smoothly navigates the water, drawing closer to him still. Hardened golden eyes watch her, his mouth spewing venom in hopes that she will learn the lesson he is trying desperately to teach her. Never trust a monster. Upon his back, Comadre normally so vibrant with life coils tightly, trying his best to merge with the back of his bonded, escape from the thrashing of emotions around in his skull, silent. By the time his grasp upon his emotions had come back, the pale beauty in the river looks to be cold, distant, though there lies a tension in her limbs that speaks of anger. What have you done, Osiris?

Despite the anger which falls from her body, the words she speaks are tinged with sadness. Immediately, the wolf's tail ducks now, truly like a child being scolded. The expression on his face remains level, eyes growing increasingly more distant even as she speaks. Suddenly, the wolf feels like retreating from her side, though his legs feel locked of movement and his head heavy. The guilt weighing down upon his shoulders began to grow with each word from her mouth, his back wanting to collapse under it. The attempts to force her away were not working, judging by the way he felt her eyes upon him, though he did not wish to meet them as she spoke.

The silence drew an ugly wound, however, and his eyes finally conceited defeat and merge with her own azure pools, wanting to drown himself within them. No such easy escape was coming. His mind had long since dug a grave for him to lie in, and his words had only been the pouring of the dirt. He did not want to think her a liar, only a fool. Foolish for believing in him. A feral beast is nothing more than just that, a beast. He did not want to think of her as the same manipulative monster as all of the rest. He wanted her to be different. In this place, Osiris reaches an impasse. In order to guard her, to keep her from becoming as tainted and vile as the rest, would he not have to leave her be? Something about that notion shoved at his heart, but as he needed to stop this. The hurt upon her face told him so.

"You stupid girl," he says, voice low and quiet as she speaks to him, eyes trying desperately to fall from her gaze though failing quite miserably. His lungs take in air he cannot feel; his mind vacant when he needs so desperately to think clearly. A growl, much like that of a wolf, groans in his chest before his face shifts again, a sharp fervent bark erupting soon after. "Have you no sense at all? Am I not the one who has robbed you? Am I not the very monster who seeks to harm you now?"

"Monsters are better left in cages, far out of the reach of such beautiful creatures," his voice almost turning hollow, reaching out toward her, "lest they ruin them beyond repair."
""

Hidden Account
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

“You stupid girl,” the words plummeted from his tongue. Was she so stupid? Or was it ignorance that kept her from knowing the dark and dreary depths of the wolf standing before her. It was the battle of emotions through speech; verbal warfare that would take little energy and in turn wreck more havoc. Nadira listened quietly as the toxicity leaked and poisoned the sweet air. She wondered how far this would go before it would all turn to vapor and blow away with the afternoon breeze. Was it so hard for Osiris to stop trying so hard to protect himself that he pushed everything else that he cared about away? It took more energy to be mad, to frown, than it did to just accept one’s feelings.

But then, hadn’t she been doing the same thing? Hypocrite, she thought to herself. It was so easy to pick out someone else’s faults, especially when they were your own as well. Setting her gaze aside, the cold had subsided some, and her listeners were no longer tense against her skull, but remained facing backward. The battle of wills against two stubbornly strong souls was not a comfortable place to be, and Nadira felt bad for the cowering dragon upon the wolf’s back. Poor Comadre did not deserve this, but she couldn’t help feel that Osiris needed to be checked of his temper and not feel free to throw words around to protect himself while in the act hurting others.

“Am I not the one who has robbed you?” His question pulled at her heart strings. Robbed me? Of what? She asked herself. Confusion replaced the cold bitterness, and she raised her crown to bestow her gaze upon him. His long wolf like limbs, paws that devoured more space than her dainty cloven hooves. She was lucky it was warm where she stood; otherwise she would have replaced her alabaster canvas on land.

What have you robbed me of, Osiris? Taken of me in what shape? You led me to the safety of the Foothills when I first came. You guarded me from more harm during the Boggart invasion, and you chose to stand aside, as I did, when the Foothill’s meadow became a blood bath. What have you taken from me that it has tainted you so?

She let her piercing inquiry slither from her tongue. Accusations did nothing but cause trouble and brought dismay and distraught emotions. She may look younger, still yet, but had the wolf-horse not grown accustom to her knowledgeable and wise understandings of someone two centuries her age? In agitation, she flicked her tassels at her flanks wondering how damaged this being before her stood. She knew of betrayal like the back of her hoof, like her best friend, but had he also experienced betrayal like she had. Then why was she fighting so hard to get his approval when she did the same thing to Tharos. Was she that twisted, or was it fear that overrode her emotions.

It might take more energy to protect oneself from hurt, while in the meantime creating the other to be hurt. But it didn’t mean it was hard to do. Maybe it was easier to run from your problems than to face them. And if that were the case, then how could she expect to win this argument if she herself would not own up to the mixed emotions that ran rampant within her over both souls. One who denied her, and one who fought for her? Was this not a twisted plot to make her go mad? Collecting all her emotions, she tied them tightly, bound them together and threw them in a locked chest, buried beneath her soul. She had one task at hand right now, and to be side tracked would do her no good. If the object was to at least free Osiris of his spell, at least she could try and do that much. Though she couldn’t do anything if he wasn’t willing.

Monsters should be respected for what and who they are and not to be pestered or provoked. No beast or living soul should ever be caged.

With these words, a hurt filled passion flooded her jeweled façade. Harsh recollections consumed her memory of her time on earth. What a horrible way to live.

A beast who is caged builds hate, but it’s soul deteriorates, while beautiful creatures are cursed and hunted down. A monster and a beautiful creature cannot ruin each other, only the world around them can do such harm.

She moved closer to Osiris until her crown came to barely meet the wolf’s muzzle. She could feel the warmth of his breath warm her and insulate her inner core from hardening, fragile as it was. She desperately wanted to reach out to the little dragon that had perched itself on Osiris’s back, but restrained herself. She waited for some type of change, but she wasn’t sure what exactly. She could feel each inhale and exhale like it was her last, as her heart pounded and ravaged against her chest. Only then did one ear take a gander and hesitantly tried to face forward. What would the outcome be?

N A D I R A

Hidden Account

"I have stolen away your kindness, your trust, your home, and your tears. I paraded pity in a garb of friendship and had it dance in front of your eyes," his voice is calm, yet decisive finally as he answers her question. Face stoic, tone unyielding, yet on his back the dragon begins to coo quietly. The cry falls upon deaf ears as the feral dog stares down at Nadira who rises from the waters, her pace smooth as the alabaster of her figure shines in the light of the sun. Beauty was not welcomed in his thoughts, but were it another day he might have admired it momentarily. Now, however, he is cold in his resolve, standing upon the bank like a statue. Ears forward, though not perked in interest. Instead he seems passive, as though he had no cares, aside from the intensity of the eyes which glint in the light.

The mare moves forward still, her voice powerful yet small in comparison to his own. As if unaffected by the words which slip through his mouth like blades, the distance between them is closed, first with speech but then with the soft plod of hooves on sand and grass. Unable to move, uncertain of his own heart, the wolf stands poised, ready for whatever is going to take place. Despite the firmness of her voice, the way with which she would unwind all that he said with her own ideas, the hybrid nearly expected her to take the elegant horn upon her crown and strike him, payment for all of the harshness he had shown to her. Much to his amazement, perhaps relief, she does not, only comes to stand with her muzzle adjacent to his, speaking quietly and tensely.

A heavy breath escapes Osiris's chest, a brush of warm air sinking into the small space around him, feeling the sway of his own fur from Nadira's breath, but not feeling the warmth it carries. How can one feel warmth when they have locked their hearts up in ice?

Slowly, his heads falls forward, muzzle seeking out the curve of the alabaster neck and shoulder, seeking the comfort of touch. How long had it been since he had touched another gently? He thinks immediately of Virva, the grey pony who he had met in Isilme. A bitterness rushes to his throat as he remembers, like acid tearing the inside of his chest and maw, a rush of air escaping his lungs as Osiris pushes away from the mare and turns, his body moving away from her and eyes strictly avoiding her gaze. "Stay away from me, Lady Nadira," he says, voice full of torment and frustration. "Whether or not your intentions are pure, you are far too kind to keep poisoned hearts so close to you."

The wolf glances back over his shoulder, toward the small face of the mare. "I will destroy you."
""

Hidden Account
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

For one moment, the paled and bloodless Nadira is enveloped in warm emotions as Osiris moves closer to her. She can almost hear the hum of two hearts beating, and she lets out a long awaited silent sigh. His muzzle was now seeking out the curvature of her neck melting into her shoulder. She half smiles and wants to lean in and feel the fur of the wolf, but all too quickly it is torn from her as he backs away. Confusion is strewn over her and she balks, blinking at his retreating form. Her gut twists, pulling at the cords that make up her insides. How could this be happening? She surely had done more wrong to receive such rejection from the creature who now spoke to her at a greater distance set between them.

Shaking her dial with hurt and fury, she picks up her wobbly limbs and quickly closes the expanse that separated them. What would she do once she reached him? There were a lot of things that ran through her mind, but there was only one thing that kept fighting its way to the front of her thoughts. She had heard of those who pushed others away for the simple fact of pure and tough love. Making the decision that not being apart of the other’s life was the best thing for everyone. But somehow she didn’t believe it. To her, it was more of a selfish excuse.

The wind apparently had other plans that day, as it picked up a little of a breeze. It wrapped itself around the small unicorn, entwining her locks throughout her hind end and tossing her silks against her slender nape. If she could just try one more hopeful thought, she could at least say she tried, and then she would allow her heart to remain shattered across the realm of Helovia. She had no clue where she would go from here. But is she must fail, she might as well fail at trying then standing aside and doing nothing.

“Osiris! Wait…”

As she swiftly neared the beast, she didn’t have to search out his visionaries, but she did only for a second. There was a tear in the works of forming, but she did not wait for it to be released. All she wanted was one last chance at something she wished she had done quite a while ago. Without hesitation, the small façade of the opaque mare looked for the small comfort of plush fur against the wolf’s chest. She just wanted his comfort, She just wanted to feel him. Just this once if never again. Was that too much to ask?

“Let me come home… with you.”

She thought about his last words... I will destroy you. But he already had... he had destroyed her in such a way that could have only helped her continue on breathing, and she was not about to let go without at least a little fight and a lot of hope.

N A D I R A

Hidden Account

Normally, Osiris would roll his eyes if someone told him to wait, but handle it in a good natured manner. Now, walking with his back toward the white unicorn mare, he flinches as she calls for him to pause. What should he do, already having thrown a much poison in her direction to scare he off? Upon the back of the wolf, the dragon seems to watch curiously, though the clawed feet which rest on his skull suggest all of the emotions have given both he and Osiris a headache they are not apt to forget soon.

By the time her dainty hooves have carried her figure to walk beside him again, he has already stopped, his face hard and cold. Yet, the look is lost upon Nadira as she swiftly and recklessly tosses her face to rest easily upon his chest. Surprised, flushed, suddenly blustered by confusion, the wolf stands awkwardly, mouth falling slightly agape as he glances down below. In the moment when true callousness could have been presented, the true gentle nature of the stallion is revealed in that he does not move from her. The graceful curve of the unicorn's neck reaching out past his shoulder, horn pointing out in the air, the side of her face buried in the mass of hair; he can see all of it, but makes no movement still. Breath tugging at his fur, warmth seeping down to his skin. Sweet yet desperate touch.

Too shocked to move, or maybe the hybrid does not wish to, he stands, letting out a long, aggravated sigh toward the mare beside him. Looking out over the field, the wolf cannot help but feel as though he has unintentionally duped her even further. Lowering his maw gently toward her ear, the wolf whispers to her calmly, a voice like he were soothing a child. "What are you doing?" he asks, glancing for her blue eye with one of his feral gold. "I am in no position to offer you a home, Nadira." His voice serious but quiet. "The Foothills no longer welcomes new faces so easily." A couple of steps ease his body backward, chest slowly moving from the strange embrace of another. A gruff face comes down to the level of the small mare, seeing the azure eyes dewy with fresh tears.

"I cannot give you what you seek. Do you understand?" Suddenly so gentle, though his face remains passive, eyes blanketed with a layer of indifference. All a show, as any who witnessed the last few moments would know, but a brave face given to a brave girl.
""

Hidden Account
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

For the short moment she was allowed, the radiant mare relished in every second of the comfort of the wolf’s company. It was refreshing to finally cause him to be speechless for once. So when he gently moved away from her and informed her of the new Foothills and he could not do anything to help her, she couldn’t help but let a small snort escape her tiny muzzle. She had always been told she was cute when she was flustered or irate, but that had been as a human, and she was sure, now with a horn and cloven daggers, appearances had probably changed.

A new face? That was hardly true and probably just a nice way of saying you’re not welcome. Who knew, maybe she would be more of a bother, a hindrance, or better put, an inconvenience. She didn’t know what hurt more, being an inconvenience, or the fact that it seemed as if she was being isolated and labeled. Her micro sized ears twitched in uncertainty. She was not sure how to decipher what was being said. Not because she was young, for we all know that to be false information. But because the world of Helovia was unlike the two previous worlds she had called her home. Both of which had rejected her.

Nadira sighed lightly and looked away. She had tried, and for what it was worth, she had been allowed to rest against his chest and act as if nothing even mattered. Maybe that was all she had needed. Maybe she could walk away with what was left of her shattered spirit and be able to move on. She could feel herself as a fragile, frail creature. Suddenly, her consciousness relayed her vulnerability and she felt naked. Like she was fading and everything she was, was unexpectedly put on display for everyone to see. How embarrassing and humiliating.

“Maybe what I seek, Osiris, is something you just refuse to give anyone. But I get it, because I do it.”

Stepping one stride closer to the wolf, she let her slender neck reach out, just far enough to give his muzzle a nudge with hers. Crystalline orbs searched out his for only but a moment, before she let her muzzle fall away. Maybe this was for the best. But if it was, maybe he was right. Maybe they should just go on, like nothing happened. That would eat away at her insides until her soul perished. Trying to fight back the floodwaters would be absolutely pointless, and salty water droplets let themselves free to caress her jaw line.

“You are right Osiris. I will not pester you any more.”

Maybe she was handling this way too calmly, but it was all she could do from screaming. Her ribs felt like they were collapsing and exploding every organ within her. The searing torment was too much and she could feel her heart fight against all impulses but her mind was winning against it all. For once, she felt defeated, but not betrayed. Today would be a sad farewell for beauty and the beast.

ooc: is it a sad thing to tear up when writing a soppy post O_O ???

N A D I R A