the Rift

starry girl, take me away [Irrydae]

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
      Tingal
      sometimes being unique takes it's toll

With my black ears flicked forward I move through the Field. The bright stars twinkled above my large head and the moonlight poured down upon me like rain drops. I kept my head high and chest puffed out a bit, and my green eyes cast down upon my legs. I make my way through the Field, the green grasses reach for my legs as I trot forward. The smell of flowers tickled my nose, and the delicate scent of deer washes over me. With my ears perked, I watch as my nose is correct, a deer is plucking grass from the earth and chewing on it. Blinking, I lower myself slightly, trying not to be seen.

Being a beast with much bulk, creeping up on something is horribly hard. I'm able to gaze at the deer for a bit, staring at it's tan coat and white underbelly. A rack of horns comes from it's forehead, proving it's a buck. Within a few moments the deer's ears begin to swing to and fro before it snaps its head towards me. Pausing, I wait in silence. It takes only a few moments for the deer to spot me and bound away, it's lithe body leaping gracefully through the all grass. Muttering under my breath, I watch as it makes it's way across the Field, ears flicked back and tail tucked close. My eyes drift from the buck to my hooves, feeling angry at myself. Why? I had no idea.

I wasn't sure of anything anymore, my heart felt empty these days. I didn't know why. Could it be time I settled down and found a mare? But... who? There were probably hundreds of mares in this land, I just had to find the right one.

And maybe she was a little closer than I imagined.

"Talk"
MoonsongStock | table by Tay

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

The quiet whoosh of her wings reached the audits that were pointed forward. Her wings were stretched out full length at both her sides, Aurora Borealis streaming freely from the twinkling stars upon her soft feathers. She had watched the sun set and now she flew in darkness, the moonlight and her stars guiding her. Her own twinkling, shining stars illuminated her against the dark backdrop, gold dusted hooves flashing in the odd light. She was heading to the Windtossed Foothills, and this was but a few hours away. Irrydae decided that she would stay here for the night and make her trek to the Foothills in the morning. She tilts her wings, slowly descending to the field. She dropped through the clouds and fog before resting her gold flints upon the tender ground. She tucks her wings in and a sigh escapes her form, eye lids closing over golden orbs. She does not notice the other horse that is across the field from her.

Her sides rise and fall with her steady breaths. Creamy white and dark purple tresses hung limply against Irrydae's figure, curling lightly at the ends. The wind swirled around her, tugging her, pushing her towards something… but what? It wanted her to go somewhere- she could tell. It would pause before starting up again. Large golden mirror eyes sparked with curiosity. 'Let your mind run wild, Irry, take chances.' Her mother would tell her. Her whole life was based around those small phrases her mother would always tell her- remind her. It was as if she ingrained them in her mind… Irry appreciated them now, while as a little kid hearing it so often was sometimes a bother. Irrydae missed her mothers voice. It was becoming harder to remember, the slight harmony didn't fill her mind anymore, and Irry was grasping to it like a kid with their beloved blanket. She was fighting so hard to not forget, the cling onto the memories, she was fighting the fact she would have to let it go. Some day, some day.

A hefty tug drew the mare out of thought, the wind pushing her harder, and she picked up her slender pillars, pulling herself into a graceful trot. Dew brushed against her hooves and hocks, clinging to them and chilling her. She flicked her tail, sending the hairs in an arc before they settled again. The wind had nearly stopped- just a normal breeze now and faint scents were filling her nostrils.

Deep, dark skies. Silence. No. A tinkling laugh, hooves dancing upon the grasses and flowers. Streaky, pastel colored lights floated around Irrydae as she watched her artificial northern lights. The stars above her- and on her, twinkled, as did her gold pools. She presses her sturdy hooves into the soft sand, shifting the weight on her legs and stretching out her wings, flapping them slightly and watching the swirling covers. A grin floods her face as eyes watch the colors swirl around her figure.

Her eyes then spot the orange and black striped pelt and she freezes, instincts screaming. Fight or flight. Flight was literal in this sense. She stares at the lowered body and realizes something is off. The scent that filled her nostrils was not that of a tiger, but of a horse. Her body relaxes, but she still is cautious, silent.

Irrydae waits.

irrydae,
image credits

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
      Tingal
      sometimes being unique takes it's toll

I glance at the sky, odd lights dancing through the clouds. Curious, I step forward, neck outstretched. The lights come closer, and then a figure emerges from the clouds. A pegasus' form shimmers into view, body illuminated by dancing lights. The pegasus comes closer, landing in the fields. Perking my coal black ears, I wander towards the pegasus.

Eyelids closed, the pagasus dozes off, unaware of my presence. I look at her hooves, dusted in gold and pressed firmly into the ground. Dragging my green orbs over her body, I take note of the odd, purple markings that blotch her body. Her base coat is brown, and her locks are cream, tassels of purple mixed in. Her tail is purple, but ends in a white cream. Watching her sleep sounded a bit creepy, but I was so intrigued. When a breeze begins to blow and the mare's eyelids flutter open, I bound out of sight, acting as though I hadn't seen her at all.

Flicking black audits back, I hear the rustling of leaves and the sound of hooves hitting dirt. I can smell the mare now, she's close. I can taste her scent upon my tongue. It was sweet, welcoming. Trying not to get lost in her scent, I flick my tail. The hoofsteps come to an abrupt stop, and the scent of fear drifts from the mare. Tilting my head, I'm able to look at her. Her eyes are gold, and they meet my leafy green orbs.

"Hello there. No need to fear me." I smile, my features washing over in joy. "I'm Tingal, and you are?" Admiring the mares' purple markings, my words slide out of my lips swiftly. "You have very beautiful markings." Nodding my head, I glance at my black stripes that were scattered over my body. How I wished I was normal. Flicking my black ears back, I flare my dark nostrils. The mare stood there, waiting. For what? Tilting my head like a confused dog, I stare at the mare. I probably looked really stupid. Straightening my head back up, I smile, showing I wasn't going to harm her.

"Talk"
MoonsongStock | table by Tay

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

She watches the creature emerge from the forest and fear turns to curiosity. A horse with strange marking resembling those of a tiger- and the tail that follows is that of a tiger. Irrydae pushes her wings out, audits flicked forward. She stretches her neck out slightly, nostrils taking in the scent of the stranger. Gold pools scan the tiger-horse and as she closes her eyes, the northern lights stream to her side, forming the shape of a tiger. It growled before bounding around her, tail flicking from side to side. A small laugh escaped her throat and she tosses her head, relaxing as the artificial tiger made of Northern Lights stands at her side once again.

'Hello there. No need to fear me. I'm Tingal, and you are?' His words are careful, soft. "Irrydae." She says quietly, eyes flickering over to his bright green ones that were already looking at her. 'You have very beautiful markings.' The words slide from his mouth smoothly and Irrydae watches him, perplexed. She is a bit surprised at his compliment, and a natural, easy smile finds a way onto her face. If she could blush, she most likely would be. Her tail swishes back and forth as she tries to form her own words. "You're one to talk," she says kindly, grinning. The tiger at her side looks at her before bounding over to Tingal, it's tail batting back and forth as it stares at the hybrid curiously.

She grins as she watches the figure of shifting colors, wishing she had her own companion. Irry lifts her eyes, and catches Tingal staring, before smiling. She holds back a small giggle and offers her own smile. What an interesting guy. Her body is fully relaxed and she glides swiftly over, stopping but a foot away from the stallion. Her nares are slightly flared, taking in his deep scent. He smells wild, feral. The tiger then disappears and they are alone, the moon and the aurora borealis from her the only light. She pulls her wings in, face soft as she watches him curiously.

The cosmic mare had no words, nothing she could say. What was there to say?

irrydae,
image credits
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death