the Rift

Searching for a home (Open)

Freya Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Freya has spent many nights and days longing to be back to her own herd that got yanked away from her a few years ago. Freya swayed through the clouds as her mind brung back the memory of when she lost all her family and friends. Freya looked around as everyone around her started galloping away from something. She was confused as feathers and hooves went flying through the air. "Whats happening!?" called out Freya as she yelled at her herd that was now trying to fly away among themselves, crashing into each other as they neighed and snorted. Freya looked back to see a group of horses, their manes in short braids and their hooves covered in blood and feathers. "No! Everyone calm down!" Freya knew that if they didn't calm down and stopped kicking and running over each other that they could never take off and escape the bandits. Freya looked back and saw that the bandits have crushed almost all of her beloved ones under their weight. Tossing the mares and young ones aside and ending the lives of the stallions in seconds.

Freya snapped back to reality when she realized that she was about to hit a tall mountain. Freya suddenly folded her wings and dropped down in a quick drop, plummeting to the ground. Right before Freya hit the ground she unfolded her wings and soared up like a parachute. She quickly landed on her hooves which caused a loud clacking sound to ring through the ground around her. Freya sighed as thoughts ran through her head. 'Its been 4 years, 4 years i roamed around this place. 4 years i can never get back...' Freya looked up into the clouds she was just soaring through. A deep sadness sinking into her stomach. 'At this rate i will be as old as my mother was when i have my own filly...' Freya kicked at the dirt with her front right hoof and bent her head down to eat some of the grass that has grown lush from the sun this season. 'I also need to stop living in constant fear and join a herd of my own. I don't want to die alone!' Freya stopped her grazing and faced her large head towards a tree. Freya quickly trotted towards it and started rubbing her hindquarter on its rough bark. 'A good scratch always makes a horse feel good!' Freya thought with content as pieces of bark came flying off.

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo
[Image: 50c363de13e47]

Valentine

I move myself up and out of the desert lands I call my home and have raised a family in. I’ve been lying around for far too long, I feel the need to roam about today. I decided my destination is the threshold, where I can see if someone new needs a home, and it will give me time to exercise. I run for a couple of miles, my black hooves changing from the red terrain to the deep forest. I travel on the outskirts, now heading into the thick and green Tallsun forests of Helovia. The birds are chirping, and I feel the heat brush my grey skin through the green canopy. There are small mammals about today, and I take my time now, knowing that I am safe where I tread. So much has happened recently, that I can’t make any sense of it, and I haven’t had the time to think just to myself.

The recent invasion of the Foothills, where the once outcast group called The Grey, lived in the region known as the Deep Forest which I pass now used to live, have taken the Foothills over. My brow furrows, and I feel worry grow in my heart. I know that the Dragon Throat helped, for I stood by my family as I watched Kri and some of the warriors head in the direction of the battle. I worry for my home and my family, and I wonder if this will bring us harm.

As I walk further, I past more forest, more chirping birds and squirming mammals. The day is crisp and bright, and I breathe easily, feeling free, freer than I ever have in my life. I look at how much I’ve done. I have a mate, a family. Aiko, my little filly, and the sweetest gift I’ve ever been given. I sigh, knowing Cherie might be up, so I must hurry for my errand. I reach the forest of the threshold, and I hear a noise immediately. No voice comes, but I can hear hooves. I walk, following where I think the noise came from, and then I hear another. This noise is strange, but I pay no mind to it. Another horse comes into view. A mare of orange, red, yellow, scratching her back upon a tree. I smile, wondering how I find such strange people. I convey an audible laugh, making my presence known.

“You know, there are such things as endangered trees in these woods. I wouldn’t happen to know of them, but I can say the tree probably isn’t the happiest with losing its bark like that. You’re new, yes? I’m Valentine, of the Dragon’s Throat. Is there a chance you are looking for a home?”

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

Follow the trail of blood…
You'll find me at the end.

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Freya Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Freya closed her eyes in peaceful bliss. The worries and troubles of the past and the future slipping her mind for a couple of seconds or so. She really didn't like the stress that was growing more and more on her mind, making her feel heavy and dull. Freya suddenly jerked her eye lids open as she heard a laughter erupt from someone. Freya looked over and snorted, a little mad that her scratching was interrupted.

She watched the new stranger talk about the tree she was scratching on. She let out a other snort that was less loud then the last one, "I think it would enjoy it! Its old dead bark gets scraped off so it can grow a new smoother skin." Freya stopped her scratching, big and small pieces of bark still attached to her yellow and orange coat. Freya quickly shook herself vigorously and stared at the stallion, a tense stare she always gave newcomers. "A home you say? Well I haven't been in a safe home for 4 years now. Do you ask any mare or stallion you see if they need a home?" Freya still stared the horse down. Her eyes showing curiosity and suspicion. She could never trust a stranger again since what happened long ago. 'Though.... I do want a home...' Freya thought with consideration.

"But to answer your question without all the talking, yes i need a home. That would be lovely." Freya tried to read the stallions reaction. She had little to no trust but her loneliness in this world is strong enough to make her give any horse at least a small thread of hope. Freya smoothly walked away from the tree making sure to keep a small distance between him and her. "So what kind of home is this? For most of the years I've been roaming around i met at most 5 horses and they all ran away or wanted trouble. So i never really got any information around here." Freya made a disappointed look on her face, she always liked being kept up with the news.

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

VALENTINE </style>
</style>

Stab my heart like a stick in the mud
Cut my chest just to see the blood

"Speech."

I felt as if she didn’t trust me, by the way she looked. I was trying to be as friendly as possible, but she came off as hostile. I wasn’t wavered by this, yet I wondered why. But that was something that I didn’t have the heart to ask, yet alone worry about. It was none of my business, and for once I left it at that. The way she talked about the tree and the bark intrigued me, and I thought it was an interesting response. I chuckled, playing it up.

“Hm, you might be right about the tree. Growing a new coat could help, might give the tree a reason to put on something new and shiny. And no, I don’t ask every horse I know for a home. This place is known as the Threshold, and it’s normally where new horses come in to be welcomed to a herd land. The one I’m offering you to is the Dragon’s Throat, where I am a pupil. Our leader is Kri the Resolute and Sumati the Sinbird. The land is of the desert, dry and hot, with a lake near by and some shading around in various places. Is there anything else you would like to know?” I smile at her, just a simple nice smile.

“It sounds like some of those that you’ve met are ones I’m not familiar with. I hope you haven’t had too bad of a time. There is so much more to Helovia then just this, I can assure you that.”

Stop the presses cause I'm killing time
Won't you be my bloody valentine?

template by revo. <3
manip by twiwolf.deviantart.com
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598