the Rift

You Found Me [Tharos]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

Her opalescence was impossibly distinguishable as she moved under the morning’s light and across the Thistle Meadow. It had been awhile since she had last visited the meadow, but nothing seemed to have changed since her last recollection of the terrain. For that matter, it was easy to locate the stream that passed through to quench her parched throat. It had been a couple days past the invasion of the Foothills, and even though she had not discussed her relocation with anyone, she wanted to be sure of where she would be staying before taking her leave from the first herd who had taken her under their wings, and now it no longer co-existed.

She flushed a heavy sigh through her lips, and added a delicate snort, shaking her dial in the process. She was happy to know Tharos had pulled through the battle. But had it really been his fight to partake in? What a welcoming gift that had been, she thought. If she would have done things differently, she would have detoured to the World’s Edge, but what had been done could not be taken back, unfortunately.
She still couldn’t shake all the mixed emotions that ravaged inside of her. Had her past been different, she would have accepted Tharos’s advances, but she wasn’t who everyone thought she was. She had sure fooled everyone… but herself.

The edge of the stream interrupted her light-footedness. Lowering her muzzle to the clear and refreshing liquid, she spoiled her taste buds with the sweet candy, closing her blue vision to the rest of the world. With the morning nova bathing her in incandescent warmth, she didn’t bother to listen for any incoming company that might join her. She was quite content cherishing and luxuriating in tranquility and serenity. So when familiar voice disconnected her from a place of ecstasy, she fluttered her sapphire jewels to gaze on the form of Tharos.

A searing pang twisted her gut and she had to keep from choking on the last gulp of water she had taken in. Seeing him in the meadows, beside, was like seeing the dead rise, a ghost of her past so to speak, and a subtle shutter passed over her. If her insomnia was not enough to keep her from facing the nightmares that devoured her during slumber, than her past would haunt her during the day, playing tricks with her mind under the brilliant star’s rays, causing illusions that were not real. But this was, Tharos was real, and he had either followed her here at a safe distance, or he had simply tracked her. She wasn’t stupid enough to believe he simply had happened to find her here by chance. But she would not let on that that is what she suspected.

“Good morning, Tharos. I hope you are feeling better.”

Her melodic vocals rang clearly like a wind chime, but there was a hint of shakiness beneath her tone. His words on the battle field, after the relinquish of the lands, having her promise she would stay, crossed her pretty little head as she watched him now. In response she had only smiled down at him, but it had left her unsettled and shortly after Torasin had done his work, she had quietly left the lands to give her some breathing room. Apparently Tharos was feeling up to traveling if he was here now. Which scared her even more. If she planned on disappearing, she would have to pull all of her resources to make it happen. But she decided for the time being, she would enjoy this time she had with him. She was glad to see he was recovering quite well and she just wanted to make sure he would be alright before she vanished for a time.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Tharos Posts: 37
Banned atk: 5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hands :: 9 years old HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions | "Speech" | Thoughts

Tharos trotted swiftly through the grassy meadow, his feathers getting caught randomly on plants as they swished about. As a result, he had a number of nettle leaves tangled into his hair. He knew they would irritate his legs if he left them there, but he would get them out later and rub a dock-leaf salve over his fetlocks later. He was looking for someone specific. The stallion had woken up intending on speaking to Nadira immediately but she had already left. Someone pointed him in the right direction and he had tracked her this far. Perhaps it was a bit outlandish, after all, they'd only known each other for a day, and he wasn't a newborn fool to express his feeling until they were fully developed. As it was right now, he knew only that whenever he looked at her, she took his breath away.

He slowed to a stop when he saw her, beauty as dazzling as she had been when he'd first seen her. Perhaps he was being a tad shallow, but she was literally the most beautiful creature he'd ever laid eyes on, and while he'd never say that out loud, he was intensely interested in getting to know more about her. Still, he approached with caution. He had requested she stay because he had wanted to talk to her and she had left. right now, he was feeling as though she might be repulsed with his earlier behavior. Looking back, he had to admit, he was a tad intense with his advances. In any case, he didn't plan on making that mistake again. "Hey there, stranger." He snorted to get her attention and had to hold back a nicker of amusement as she almost choked on her water and looked at him.

Now that he had closed himself off, though, he was more observant than he had been before. He picked up the expression in her eyes, the bags beneath. She was tired, probably from not getting enough sleep, whether that be because of nightmares or just being on the run. Her expression was filled with minuscule symbols that all pointed to an emotion he found hard to relate to- fear. Fear of what? Is it me? Am I that imposing of a figure? Damn it all! I didn't ever mean to frighten her. Maybe I should just leave, then... I don't want to make her feel forced, or... no. she's afraid of something, whether it's me or not, I can't very well call myself a gentleman if I leave her here without at least trying to quell such an emotion. What if some of the scalawags from the battle are terrorizing her? I definitely can't leave if that's the case! That train of thought went through his mind and faded off like a freight train on a midnight delivery.

The only discernible change it made to his face was to soften his expression a tiny bit. His ears pricked forwards as she recovered and greeted him verbally. He gave her a warm smile, at least she had the decency to ask him how he was feeling.

"I'm doin' alrigh, ma'am. I didn' gallop 'cross the galaxee ter be taken down by a few treacherous snakes." He snorted, shaking his black mane, the white of his forelock and withers flashing as they clashed with the darkness of his other tresses. When the tremors faded from his muscles, his mane fell on the other side of his neck in a messy cascade, some black strands near his poll had caught on his ears and now lay higgledy-piggledy along side the natural confines of his forelock. "Anyhoo, I came ter speak witchya, if'n you'd let me. I meant ter say this stuff back in them foothills, but with them bein' under new management an' stuffs, I reckon here's a better spot anyways. Bu' ferst, I wanted ter ask why ya left without me? I only asked ya ter stay 'cause I wanted ter speak with ya when I got rounds ter feelin' better. had ter have somepony point me in the righ' direction and track yer scent from them bearin's. I jus'... wan'ed you ter be straight with me. I mean... yeah I know I was kinda intense back there an' I wouldn' blame yer at all if'n you got upset with me for bein' too upfront. I would really like ter get ter know ya better, if'n you'd allow it, that is. You don' have to agree an' if ya say no now, I wouldn' blame ya one bit. Jus'... Jus' think 'bout it, kay?"

He asked, his southern drawl soft as he broke into a hesitant walk to get closer to her. He stopped when he was a respectable distance and pricked his ears forwards to appear like she had his full attention.

Nadira, played by S3ilver
Sorry this took so long! Enjoy! :]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

Nadira watched his expression closely as his features softened. Her body tensed some, becoming lightly rigid. How could she feel relaxed with a soft expression bestowed her and after just a day of interacting with a stallion who acted twitterpated around her? She blinked a couple times at his response to her inquiry. She wondered where he planned on staying. She still had yet to truly decided herself. Butterflies had now invaded her essence, and she grew subtly agitated. As he tossed his locks to readjust their position, she sensed a confrontation coming and flicked one ear back, but kept the remaining one forward. She didn’t want to seem too standoffish.

As his speech prolonged, her thoughts ran rampant. If I’d let you? Of course I will let you, but I would wish you wouldn’t ask anything of me. She started thinking to herself. I suppose this isn’t such a horrible place to have a private discussion, seeing as really no one is around… Quicky, she grazed the terrain to double take her surroundings, hoping no one was within ear shot of their conversation, or even witnessing anything. She hated rumors and hated all the drama that went along with it. Especially if it was about her, or even included her in it. Finding no one of threat, she turned her gaze back upon the dark stallion that had taken her breath away only a day or so ago.

“I wanted ter ask why ya left without me?” Why I left? Inwardly, she frowned at his accusation. I left because there was nothing left for me there. I left to clear my head and my thoughts. To take control over these unexplainable emotions that run wild within me. I ran because facing the truth scares me more than anything else. That is why I left. She could not verbally speak this. She did not want what she knew Tharos would provide. She did not want to be dependent on another living being. She didn’t want to feel helpless. In all honesty, she didn’t want to be vulnerable.

“ I only asked ya ter stay 'cause I wanted ter speak with ya when I got rounds ter feelin' better. had ter have somepony point me in the righ' direction and track yer scent from them bearin's.” Nadira slightly cringed at his statement, as it wouldn’t have been that difficult to stay, but it sure would have been uncomfortable in the homeland of new herd mates. She couldn’t imagine asking directions to find another who had left, in hopes of finding them. Whoever had guided him, had obviously been paying attention to her. She wondered whom, as it could possibly have been Torsin, and if it had been, she would have understood then.

Nadira drew her attention away from her distracting thoughts, and back to Tharos. ”I jus'... wan'ed you ter be straight with me. “ Straight? With you? How do you expect me to be straight with you when you are practically hovering over me like a new found puppy does his owner? And intense? Yeah, just a little. Throwing me for a loop is more like it. The words flooded her without hesitation and she had to hold her tongue, or they just could have slipped from her delicate maw. Now her butterflies were flustering her, and she could feel her heart creep up her slender nape. Oh how I wish he did not do this me. Torture me so. Why couldn’t the gods have intervened? She pondered, more in a pleading tone than a beggars.

”I would really like ter get ter know ya better, if'n you'd allow it, that is.” Get to know me? Now that is a bad idea. It was at this point, the opal figment came to an impasse and appeared to lose all concentration and the last of his statement. Threats of her past crowded her, clinging to her like saran wrap. How could she afford to trust another to betray her? How could she allow such an enticing invitation come knocking on her heart, when her head was screaming run! With every ounce of what was left of the sweet, trusting spirit she had, she wanted to give Tharos a chance to prove he was worthy of what she hoped he was. But that had almost cost her, her life the last time she had made that mistake.

Her intriguing gems filled with both longing and sorrow. She could feel herself recoil within the safety and confines of the barriers she had once built around her, to protect her from harm. Not necessarily to keep those she considered friends away from her, but to distance that potential of another hurt ego and broken heart. She watched as Tharos approached her, and her limbs fought with her body to back away. She grew physically tired as an inner war within drained all the energy she had to respond to his physical advance towards her. And then he stopped, with just enough breathing room for her to let out a small sigh of tension she had withheld.

Her physical statue remained to be moved, and she debated on her word choice. It was a delicate issue at hand, for she hated to hurt Tharos’s feelings, as that is precisely what would happen, whether or not he would admit it. But she couldn’t find enough courage to take a step of blind faith and cross the line that held her with a tight hand on the reins. She had been quiet now for quite sometime, and was sure he was wondering if she would ever say another word again. Maybe she should make a vow of silence. But what good would that do her?

Releasing a heavy sigh, a small fragile snort was exhaled, and she concluded it was now or never. Response or no response, he deserved at least answer for his travels and wonderings.

“Tharos,… I… I am not someone safe.”

Not safe was a good way to put it, if she wanted to be killed on the spot she supposed. But she wasn’t safe. If what scared her the most was not Tharos betraying her, it was herself betraying Tharos, and that would hurt more than torture itself to live with something like that, and if not betrayal, than black mail of an enemy. How did forbidden love work, anyway? Did it? Did forbidden love even exist? Did it last? She wondered how Tharos would react, what he would say. She waited, this time. Not like in the Foothills, but did it matter?

OMG.... sorry this is sooooooo long, but I thought expressing her thought process would be crucial and vital.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty