the Rift

Wherever I May Roam [ARAH]

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada

[Image: 14uhyty.jpg]
While I recall all the words you spoke to me, can't help but wish that I was there.

He watched her closely, her soul seeming to climb out of her body as she fell into the deep sleep. Her pelt was cold against his from the exposure of the Basin's bitter air. Carefully, he dropped to his knees beside her, pressing his warm body against hers so she wouldn't freeze. He could feel the bomb that floated through his stomach turn to a warm butterfly with each enclosing centimeter.

For a while he stared, not believing that the tattered and beat up mare lying in front of him was just greeting him into his home. It had seemed like so long ago even though it had only been a few weeks. Soon he realized that Arah was fast asleep and not intending to leave. He dropped his head to the ground, lying his muzzle across her leg. Heavy eyelids seemed like black curtains over his deep eyes, slowly but surely dropping to cut off what may be all been a dream.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What had actually happened? Was any of that real? The groggy minded, half asleep stallion wondered. His eyes stayed shut, casting a play of shadows behind his eyelids. The chilly morning wind - not nearly as strong as the night before - whirled through the cave, circulating this stuffy air out of the room. His breath was slow and even, catching the scent of something coppery. Something foul. Arah, his brain told him. Blue eyes crept open, expecting to wake and find absolutely no trace of the sad mare anywhere.

His memory ran through everything that had happened; what could there be that she left behind for him to know she was home? The blood, that must have been the smell. About two feet in front of his large body was a dried up pool of dark liquid. The crusty film over it had been bothered, possibly from the wind coming through. But where was she?

He hopped up to his feet unsteadily, his vision blurring for a few seconds due to the quick movement. Outside stood the white beauty, her body obviously given some sort of beating. Her mane and tail twisted and matted together. A gorgeous sense still radiated off of her in Crash's eyes. "Thank god it wasn't just a dream," the words flowed steadily from his mouth as he approached Arah, a soft smile spreading across his maw. He stretched out his neck, nuzzling under her jaw softly once he stopped next to her.

OOC: I'm so sorry to hear that, but I'm glad she's awake. <3 And I have to apologize too, my internet stopped working for a few days, so someone had to come out and fix it. :\
Words: 411
Lyrics: "Dear God" by Avenged Sevenfold
Image Credit

Please tag me in all posts.

Messages In This Thread
Wherever I May Roam [ARAH] - by Crash Course - 03-19-2013, 01:51 AM
RE: Wherever I May Roam [ARAH] - by Arah - 03-19-2013, 02:21 AM
RE: Wherever I May Roam [ARAH] - by Crash Course - 03-19-2013, 03:08 AM
RE: Wherever I May Roam [ARAH] - by Arah - 03-22-2013, 06:18 AM
RE: Wherever I May Roam [ARAH] - by Crash Course - 03-25-2013, 01:34 PM
RE: Wherever I May Roam [ARAH] - by Arah - 03-27-2013, 02:23 AM
RE: Wherever I May Roam [ARAH] - by Crash Course - 03-28-2013, 01:41 AM