the Rift

Spacebound (finished)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Danger hid in the shadows, and knotted around the roots of trees. She was lucky that I had been among the first to come forward, my spirit held only the purest of intentions—while others weren’t so good willed. I thought back to the time when Cera (my son), had been attacked in a forest not far from here, and noted that this world wasn’t always safe for the young at heart and opposed species. Her confidence and trust were welcomed as treasured gift, it wasn’t always so easy to swoon people over, no matter how nice one was to them. “I am Africa.” I smile, her name sounds rampantly foreign, much like the lass herself does in appearance.

“I know nothing of Helovia.”

Right away I wanted to reassure her as I would a child that she wasn’t alone in this statement. Hundreds, if not thousands had walked this very same path; the only difference was—which direction they chose to lead, “You’ll come to understand Helovia, as you spend more time on her soil.” Nobody could peer into a landscape from a hilltop and witness all of its wonders after spending only a few months running through the valleys. It took years upon years to visit each corner, and witness the brilliance that came from firsthand experience. There were many places that even I hadn’t visited, and ‘I’ had been born to this country.

“I mean to say, I am sure you have much more important business to attend...” Lips moved to interject but she didn’t seem done so I paused and waited, “I am hoping to study, something...” Her innocence strikes me with overwelleming gentleness for this soul, a fathering instinct that only seemed doubled when around such clean spirits, “Lady Africa, you,” muzzle slowly extends to try and brush along the upper part of her neck that was within my reach, “are the reason why I yet linger—I’ve come to invite you to a new home. A sanctuary that is open to those that wish to learn, to understand the meaning of family.” She had mentioned wanting to take lessons in a duty, “Do you have any particular interests?”

GOVERN</style>
He who is a good ruler must first have been ruled.</style>

image by aigle_dore @ flickr.com
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Spacebound (finished) - by Africa - 03-18-2013, 04:13 PM
RE: Spacebound (Open) - by Midas - 03-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Spacebound - by Africa - 03-21-2013, 06:57 PM
RE: Spacebound (Open) - by Midas - 03-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Spacebound - by Africa - 03-24-2013, 01:19 AM
RE: Spacebound (Open) - by Midas - 03-26-2013, 11:20 AM
RE: Spacebound (Open) - by Africa - 03-26-2013, 09:48 PM