the Rift

Searching for No One [Open]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Perhaps it was a mistake to approach so openly, she appeared nervous and flighty. Literally, flighty. Her wings unfurled with surprising speed, thrusting down and back up again. Muscles pulling the tendons until she had obtained a nearly perfect lift. I pause instantly, taken by surprise at how startled this lady was. Had I said something wrong? My wings unfurl an inch or so from patched barrel in readiness should her fear lead into an attack. She overtook me in height, but from first glance this woman didn’t appear to be of the warrior variety. Should this meeting turn ugly I had every confidence that my efforts would strike the top bracket.

Then like a switch the lady seems to calm and grow almost mild, even a little uncaring as if nothing unusual had just happened. Her hooves brushed earth and she landed, I didn’t move a muscle. Though my wings remained a little flared just in case trouble arose. Ashy ears had fallen along my poll in shock, now they struggled forward to catch response, “I am fine, thanks.” Really? She sure didn’t appear to be fine a moment ago. “You?”

Wary now I offer the lady a forced smile and say, “I’ve had better days….please accept my apology for startling you, it wasn’t my intention to frighten.” Truthfully I was still at a loss at what had actually worried this lady into flight. I surely wasn’t the most frightening thing in this forest, “My name is Midas by the way,” and she surely wasn’t the most optimistic looking mare. In a way this lady reminded me of another girl, who had been just as prickly if not more.

OOC: Don't forget that we have a 250 word rule.

GOVERN</style>
He who is a good ruler must first have been ruled.</style>

image by aigle_dore @ flickr.com
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-18-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-19-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-20-2013, 03:46 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-21-2013, 09:40 AM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-22-2013, 09:57 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-23-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-23-2013, 09:58 PM