the Rift

Searching for No One [Open]

Black Robin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
His poor helpless-looking eyes look absolutely confused and dumbfounded. Well, I still cannot force him to see that I am a normal mare, just left alone for a while, probably with my unlucky nature of never finding the innocent beings, if any. I also realize an instant after I finish that I am rambling on a bit more than necessary. I can never seem to have the correct impression. But this time, my excuse is that I have been alone for a dreadfully long time, I tell myself. And if he decides that I am mentally ill, I will let him be for as long as we two live. Just as Kindling did. Now I regret that, although it was not my fault at any extent. “Aye Miss, we are always looking for new blood that is willing to become part of a working unit—a family.” Ah, they address families as units, do they? Very fancy sounding, for all my life, families have been deemed families, not units, which sounds like a compact group of strangers to me. Is that how the Throat residents are? Just a bunch of strangers who do everything together, even forced to do so? I shudder at the thought, then realize that my shudder was completely obvious, and hope that the gentleman before me did not notice it.

“What name do you go by?” He gives me a simple question to answer, and however much I try to push it away, it seems like a test. Robin. Black Robin. Odd, isn't it? Mother gave me the name, believing that somehow impossible, I would grow a dark coat eventually, impossibly, just like the rest of the family. I guess many others would expect that kind of thing from me, but it never seems to happen..." I realize that I am probably confusing the pegasus before me to his limit. I really don't want him or any others to judge me from first sight or speech, since neither give the real me frequently. I really, truly wish that the horrible unicorn mare who visited the quiet conversation between me and another horned lady would not have committed the act of coming. We were having quite a calm time, really. Then an insult to my kind, the beautiful flying creatures who can visit the sky, who can become a land animal at any precise time, fired me up, and I became part of the meeting no more.

"So you say they will include another resident or two at this time? Do you work as just a family member, or do you do a certain job for the Throat? If so, would I be accepted do you think? I am still new to the way of life we all are supposed to follow; I originate from a place that is nowhere in the area of our land here." I add this because I honestly have no idea how things work around here, just the names of places and the fact that I belong to none of them.

I wonder if being welcome is a possibility, or if they must clear you for any certain reason. I don't have a wisp of solid evidence that I would be cleared, if that is the way around here. I do hope it isn't, but I have the feeling that it is, and wondering is not going to help me, so I decide that it is, just to make myself feel more sure about the annoying, pestering matter that won't leave me. So now a new matter presents itself- how will the other pegasus react to me? I hope they will accept that I am just another one of them, here for the same reason as they are.

Will I ever end the worries?

Messages In This Thread
Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-18-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-19-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-20-2013, 03:46 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-21-2013, 09:40 AM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-22-2013, 09:57 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-23-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-23-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-25-2013, 11:05 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-26-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-27-2013, 04:39 PM