Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali

AYLIN</style>
World's Edge Philosopher
the moon looks upon many night flowers;
the night flowers see but one moon
</style>

I was in that area between sleep and consciousness, being lulled off by thee chirps of crickets, the steady hum of other insects, hoots of owls, and the songs of the night birds. Their melody was that of the night, of the Moon Goddess herself, and all of her children. As I drifted off my head had dropped and my nose was nearly touching the ground. When, suddenly, the melody stopped I felt as if I had been jerked back from the land of sleep. My dark ears tilted forward, straining to hear even a peep out of the chorus, but the silence I heard was deafening. Someone or something was coming.

My ears rotated, seeking out some sound that would be telltale of the urgency of approach and, hopefully, the size of whatever was coming. The only thing I heard was the silence.. wait. There. I turned my head to the right and strained my ears forward. There, I heard it again. The steps were a bit uneven sounding to me, it could have been the distance, but I heard it.

I took a moment to build up my confidence before beginning to make my way toward it, completely unsure of what or who I would find. I took a deep breath to calm my heart, which had begun to race the minute I had heard the steps. It's nothing, I tell myself. Nothing at all to be scared of.

At least I was right about that.

A gasp escaped me when I finally saw her. A mare, older than myself, beaten and bloodied. All thoughts of what might be lurking in the shadows disappeared as I moved toward her. "Hey." I say, trying to keep my voice calm, but the closer I get to her the more cuts I see. The one that makes my heart ache for this poor mare the most is the one above her eye. I don't need to ask what happened to her, I can see that she was beaten, but by whom I do not know. She's on World's Edge territory so I can only hope that she was not beaten by someone in our ranks. Would Mirage even condone such an act of violence?

"Come with me." I say to her instead. "You'll be safe."

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
A Beaten Homecoming - by Kiara - 03-18-2013, 10:34 PM
RE: A Beaten Homecoming - by Aylin - 03-24-2013, 09:56 AM
RE: A Beaten Homecoming - by Mikali - 03-31-2013, 04:29 AM
RE: A Beaten Homecoming - by Kiara - 04-02-2013, 03:33 AM
RE: A Beaten Homecoming - by Mirage - 04-05-2013, 07:09 AM
RE: A Beaten Homecoming - by Aylin - 04-08-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: A Beaten Homecoming - by Mikali - 04-10-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: A Beaten Homecoming - by Kiara - 04-13-2013, 12:56 AM
RE: A Beaten Homecoming - by Mirage - 04-15-2013, 04:11 AM