the Rift

[OPEN] Never Safe [Hestia, any Assassin]

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Hmm..... whats going on? The night I spent with Amara was fun, telling each other stories and what not, and we fell asleep under a blanket together that night. Back then, there was a Moon and a good thousand of stars up in the sky. Now, night wasn't coming to an end, and as childish it might sound, I'm beginning to get scared of the dark. It shouldn't be much of a situation for me, seeing my horn is a natural source of light, but if it went out, I'm screwed. I don't really actually think it would, be really, there's the chance it would fall whenever I would trip over a tree root in the dark and smash my face into the ground.
Being home sounded like the best of ideas right now. I wanted Mom, Uncle Tonka, and something to eat. As a foal, I needed to stay close to my mom just to get something to eat, but instead, I was running about looking for adventure that ended me up in strange places. Today, well, it was the place I least expected to find myself in the dark like this. The Spectral Marsh.
Mom had given me specific orders not to go there, but I've got a lot of curiousity and that isn't about to stop me. Though if she found out I had wandered out here at a time like this one, well, then I probably won't be able to sit down anymore for the rest of my life she'd tear my hide so bad. I doubt someone is going to find me.
When I found a path through the marsh, there were glowing trees all along it that made it so much easier just to follow. The waters on each side of the path where strange. I took time to stare into them, and even in the light of the trees, it was still possible to see bones moving about in them. If I could only touch with one hoof......
Oh no......
My hoof touched the surfrace out of curiousity, and as the mirror sheen of the water touched my hoof, my leg wasn't actually able to pull my hoof out of the water. Except, in a fury of bad luck and bad ideas, I'm actually nearing the water, about to get a bit closer to the surfrace than what was comfortable. My leg was already about knee deep into it, and as my hind legs tried to pull me back onto the path, I felt myself just slip further in. Was the water grabbing on to me and holding me hostage, pulling me down into it's wrath below?
It is......
"MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!! UNCLE TONKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!"
Now might not be the best time for me to panic, but I am. This is one of those nightmare moments where you know you're not dreaming, that you're alive and there's no one around. Someone might walk by and just see the glowing light from my horn, the pale blue light just falling over my face and lighting up the fear that is sweeping over me in one neverending wave. There isn't an end to this nightmare. Hopefully someone heard me. Maybe they would take the heart to rescue me.
By this time, my other front leg is falling into the water, and it's taken up to my knee's. My hind legs still don't have their usual strength, and they aren't keeping here on the path. There's a glowing tree close to me, standing tall in the water. How deep is it? How much time do I have before I die? Please, please, let rescue come soon. The water is touching my chest, tickling the underside of my belly.
With the last of my might, I let that call for help go out again.

OOC: For Hestia.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Hestia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

HESTIA the fierce
Born of sweetness, turned sour, ventured neutral.

"MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!! UNCLE TONKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!" I heard a screaming voice of a child, and doubt crossed my mind. I flew over the swampy marsh at an ease, I'd never actually set foot here, but I was about to feel the moist Earth sinking my deeper. I heard the cry for help again and search the top of the trees. I see an odd glow in the center of the marsh.

I no longer think this is a game, and if it is.. It's a cruel one. As I fly closer to the odd glow, I see parts of a small horse or pony, or a foal in the marsh in glimpses through the trees. The snow is upon us in this dead of night, and I know, this foal will die. Unless, I of course help the small thing.

-_*_-_*_-_*_-

So... you in a pickle?
Well, I have the knife.
She we chop you up?
Maybe, I will cut you free.

Hestia swooped down through the tops of the trees where she thought the glowing was strongest. A wide grin crossed her face as she realized how stupidly easy this task would be. She reached my muzzle towards the small figure. After retreating her muzzle, she thought about the scenerio. The only probable way to get her out would be very painful for the foal so... she didn't know what to do.

"Wait... Yes, I do." She accidentally said aloud. "Child, do not struggle or it'll suck you in faster, and be patient." Her husky voice was marble smooth as it came out. Turning her small and compact bode around, she reached out for a tree limb. Hearing a loud crunch, the limb came loose and she spun back around.. with the cold and dead wood in her mouth.

Keeping one tip of the wood in her mouth she dangled the other side next to the foal's face. "Mrab mon limmle fphal." The mare had meant to say, 'Grab on little foal', but it came out wrong, and backwards. She waited for the foal to grab on, would she?