the Rift

Heading for Heartache [Ophelia]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia felt her heart ache when the child started, backing away from her with fear in his silver eyes. She did not desire to frighten the boy, so she remained still, where she was. Her cloven hooves sunk into the snow, and her neck hung low on high withers, eyes open and soft. Phi tried to appear as nonthreatening as possible, but with blood from the battle still on her pale hide and her strange eyes, she did not blame the child for being wary. Patiently she waited until he was ready to speak on his own, the only movement on her figure the wind shifting through her mane and tail.

When he did speak, she listened intently and frowned at his words. Nobody liked him? Where was home? Being this far north, she assumed the Basin. Being that it was filled with unicorns and he had beautiful plumed appendages, she could see how he would not fit in, but they were not cruel to the other species, were they? The implications sent her mind on a curious spiral, but she would wait to act until she got more of the story. She smiled as Tinek wrapped around one of his legs and looked up with a happy, toothy grin. He made some noise akin to a grunting, pathetic purr when the colt leaned down to breathe in greeting.

Then, the silver dragon made himself perfectly content laying down and wrapped around one of the colt's legs. "He likes you," she commented with a gentle smile. "His name is Tinek."

The child introduced himself then as Mesec and explained that he left the Basin because he felt ostracized for being different. Ophelia felt a protective ache swell through her chest as well as the desire to march to the Basin and snap at a few individuals, but she did not know how that would effect the Grey. "Well," she murmured. "I like you, Mesec, and you know what? I am different too. My mother was an equine and my father was a unicorn. I am half of both races, and I think that is better." She offered a gentle smile. "Had I only been a unicorn, Tinek and I would have never bonded, and my life would be incomplete."

"Being different is something to be proud of, Mesec. It sets you apart, makes you unique and makes you special." Ophelia then waited as he seemed to inhale before speaking. The child did not know where to go, but the alabaster mare was unsure if the Grey was an appropriate place. Such violence was not suited for children, she believed. Ktulu managed to shelter Hototo, but she was not Mesec's mother. She could not tell him to close his eyes during the scary parts of life.

"Well, Mesec. I come from a land called the Foothills. My sister and I have a band that lives there, and you are more than welcome to join us. My sister is special like us too; we are twins." Ophelia grinned at him and then winked, moving a little closer, hoping that he would not shy away again. She bent her neck down and attempted to affectionately tousle the soft and tender forelock between his ears. "You are young, and the entire world of Helovia is at your hooves. Do you want me to tell you about the other lands too?" She asked, thinking that she had many interesting stories now about Kri in the Throat and Mirage in the Edge.

CARRY YOUR CROSS
And I'll carry mine. Dig your own hole and you'll be fine.

roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Mesec - 03-19-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 03-25-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Mesec - 03-26-2013, 07:26 PM
RE: Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 03-27-2013, 01:28 AM
RE: Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Mesec - 03-27-2013, 07:38 PM
RE: Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 04-09-2013, 01:03 PM