the Rift

Day Dreaming [OPEN]

Snowblind Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: 23saxw4.jpg]
Take the time just to listen,
when the voices are screaming much too loud.

What was it that she had done? How had she gotten to this place? The last thing she remembered was being at her home, the Endless Blue. This certainly was not it. The groggy minded dapple gray mare stood in the shadow of a tall tree with a twisted trunk. Her small face was dropped low, held at shoulder height. In this strange state, her mind sluggishly struggled to recall the previous events of her travels. Light brown orbs stared straight ahead, watching the crystalline water. She had to be close to home, or else the water wouldn't be the same color, would it?

Snow took an unsure step out of the shade, her body quivering as each aching muscle worked. The blood running through her body felt like fire against her cold hide. What was going on? Each black hoof landed gingerly on the hard ground, scraping the earth with each forward motion. The water felt so far away, even though it was realistically only four feet away. Eventually, she wadded into the light liquid, her legs tensing up as the frigid feeling cast over her ankles.

The mare lifted her head into the noon air, drawing in a deep breath as she did so. The sudden fresh burst of oxygen to her brain made her head swoon, causing the lanky female to rock side to side without knowing it. What in the hell was going on with her? The thought that she was sick was not one of the first things that occurred, she was sure she had been poisoned or beaten senseless.

The ripples in the blue water cast broken images of the dazed mare across the surface. Her reflection showed no physical damage to what she could see of her body. There was no damage from what she could see or feel at all. Mentally though, she was wrecked. Her nostrils flared with each small and quick breath she drew in, releasing with a wheezy draw. This had to be a dream, or a spell some one had put on her. This was not happening.

Words: 349
Lyrics: "Buried Alive" by Avenged Sevenfold
Image Credit

Faelon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
I lifted my white head, fixating my green orbs on the sights around me. Shyly making my way through the forest, I observed the green trees, with swooping branches caressing the ground, the flowers that were slightly growing here and there. I slowly let myself calm down into the new surroundings, at total peace. The nature sounds were filling in my ears, adding a serenity to the place, along with the birds chattering making their beautiful songs, sounds of slight ripples of waves further beyond the forest. It was truly a great place to be at this time.

I continued walking my way through the forest, with no rush at all, just wanting to be stuck in this moment forever. All of a sudden, the trees opened up, revealing a lake in front of me. I just stared at flat water, seeing swans in the distance swimming with their drooping delicate necks and vibrant orange beaks. Trees were rimming the edges of the pond, like the willows I saw before, and I felt the sudden urge to dip my horn into the water to get the feel of it, and drink all of it up. Snapping out of my trance, I walked over to the edge and delicately bent my head down drinking up the water. After quenching my thirst, I lifted myself up, and looked to my left. I thought I was hearing things, but in plain sight there was a mare, seeming confused and disoriented.

Despite my shy demeanor, curiosity pricked at me, and I slowly and quietly approached the mare as she looked into her breaking reflection in the lake. "Hello there, m'lady", I quietly said first hoping not to startle her. "I am Faelon, and you must be", I said a little bit stronger, but with a soft, kind voice so she wouldn't get wrong intentions.

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I decided it was about time I re-sketched Helovia in my head. Yes I knew how the land was roughly set out but I needed to jog my memory a bit, so that I knew absolutely everything of the land. Each nook and cranny, each rolling hill and each dingy cave as well as each river/lake and each patch of grass. I would know it. Here though it was different, there was a strange, but beautiful, silence about the place. The vines of great willows stroked the ground and though the gaps of the trees I could see a undisturbed lake stretching out, quiet far away.

As well as the lake I had spotted two figures on the lakes brim. One of them a grey with a dark and thick mane and tail that hung down her neck and rump. My eyes then narrow noticing that she didn't have a horn on her head. A bloody Equine. The other one was more promising though as this one had a golden horn poking up from his head. Before emerging from my hidden position I slam a grin on and a cheerful look in my eye, if only they knew I was totally disgusted with the Equine, and then I trotted forward, towards the pair, emerging from my hidden place.

"Greetings to both of you." I say with smile, addressing both the Equine and the Unicorn. "I am Illynx but i'm afraid I didn't catch your names, i'm sure you wouldn't mind repeating them?" At eight years old I knew how to be fake. Although on the outside I was friendly and kind on the inside I was hating the fact I had to even bother with the Equine but then, maybe, I could have a little fun with her in the near future.

Thinking :: Talking :: Doing

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Unregistered

The water suddenly was rippling to her left, side tracking her from her own reflection and making her brown eyes follow the curious waves. Her attention was fully on the water, her mind completely distracted from the surrounding world. Suddenly, a deep -but soft- voice beside her made her jump uneasily. She raised her head quickly, bringing her attention to the white unicorn. Why was it that every one she had met so far was a unicorn?

The white stallion introduced himself as Fealon, suggesting she tell him her name as well. Instead of answering, her jaw hung slightly slack and her eyes took in every little detail about him. The horn that projected from beneath his forelock was a gorgeous color, twisting in a delicate way.

Just as Snow finally gathered enough useless information on Fealon, another unicorn emerged from the wooded surroundings. She moved easily in a trot, and upon reaching the pair greeted them both, introducing herself as Illynx. The dark mare also shared a similar colored horn with Fealon, but her pelt was dark and dusted with gold. Snow took a cautious step back, feeling trapped by the two that so suddenly appeared. Her chest was tight and seemed almost as if it were full of liquid.

"Snowblind." She murmured, her head dropping just higher than shoulder-height as she spoke. Normally she would be strong willed and not mind the two staring at her, but this whirling in her scared mind was throwing everything off. It felt as if some one else was controlling her actions.

OOC: Wow, once I re-read this it sounds like she's all stoned. Haha.
Words: 260
Image Credit

Unregistered
I saw the flea bitten lass jump up as I spoke kindly to her, looking at me with slight fear in her eyes. But instead of answering to me, she seemed to be scanning me, looking at me with her intensive stare. I glanced back at her, taking in her gray pelt, the long black mane and tail, with her deep brown eyes. She was quite beautiful in fact, with her twirling black mane, and inviting chocolate eyes, but she seemed a little bit uneasy and confused at the moment. Suddenly, out of the blue, another mare appeared, and instead of being a hornless equine, she had a protruding golden horn, slightly darker than mine. Her body was sleek and dark brown, with golden spots all over her back and hind legs, making her seem like day and night in one. For a reason, I could not keep my eyes off of her, assessing her. She seemed powerful, and quite intelligent, and despite my kind demeanor, I knew to keep an eye open for her. What if she was a racist unicorn, and would hurt the poor equine here? Despite my growing nerves, I kept a kind smile plastered, aimed for both of them.

I first replied to the chocolate mare that spoke to us. "I'm Faelon", I told her courteously. I then heard a slight whisper from the female equine, saying her name. Snowblind. I spoke it softly and then spoke to her. "Snowblind is a lovely name", I shyly said, flicking my tail and stepping away from her. She seemed so shell shocked and nervous, I was starting to wonder if she was feeling anxious with Illynx and I crowded around her. "It is quite a beautiful day, huh?" I said, starting awkwardly with small talk to see if I could get a conversation to start going.

*so suckish ;__;*

The foal seemed somewhat nervous. Weather she had became nervous when I turned up or straight from the moment the other Unicorn, Faelon he said to be, had turned up. When the foal takes a step back I made no advances. I was not here to intimidate her, not at all, merely mix (although I would quiet happily crush her hornless skull right now but I knew I couldn't, not yet anyway). Snowblind. It was a curious, strange name but I smile polity at it just the same, nodding when Faelon had commented on how lovely it was.

I had noticed that Faelon seemed to be looking at me but then, who wouldn't? I was a picture of beauty, dangerous beauty. My golden eyes watch him out the corner of my eye. He was younger then me and obviously didn't know that us mares knew when others, especially stallions, were looking at us and even if meant nothing nothing, we still knew. "It is quite a beautiful day, huh?" He seemed nice enough I suppose.

Kindness wrapped it's self round my words. Being 'fake' just came naturally now and every word I could say, even those destined to hurt someone, would be wrapped perfectly in the kind honey tone that you would oh so easily get stuck in and fall into my little plans without fault and the sticky honey substance you fell in would coat it's self round you until you dared not say you doubted me, for fear of upsetting the ever so kind soul I am.

My skills never fail me. With gentle, kind eyes I smile at the filly. "It's a pleasure to meet you Snowblind," And looking towards Faelons. "And you to sir," With out a pause it my words I look out to the lake that stretched out to the side of me. It was ever so peaceful and it would be such a shame to have the blood spilled in it. But I wasn't looking out to think about blood thirsty thoughts, instead I was looking around in the sky and other side of the lake because it really was a beautiful day. "Yes, it truly is a lovely say."

Thinking :: Talking :: Doing

[I hope this made sense. 0.0]

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Unregistered

The ivory stallion took a courteous step back from Snow, complimenting her curious name as he did so. The dark mare - Illynx, agreed with a nod. Something about the bi-toned mare beside her gave off an odd vibe, but Snow couldn't decipher whether it was due to her head swimming, or if something was actually dark about her. Not even realizing that she had been staring at Illynx through out the whole process of picking her strange aura apart, she watched the mare's golden flecked eyes.

Each unicorn stood taller than Snow; maybe that was part of the reason she was feeling so uncomfortable? Eventually, the intense and unaware gaze set on Illynx's golden tinted orbs followed her pupils, realizing that she was glancing at Fealon from the corner of her eye. Just then, he cracked the silence with his soft voice, commenting on how nice the day was. Snow nodded her head before she even knew she was doing so. "Yeah," she began, the word cracking from her dry throat as it made its way out.

Illynx agreed, her silky voice tickling Snow's brain with a better-knowing feeling. She ignored her thought process. At this moment it would probably do worse than better for her to say anything any how. She turned to face the pair that now stood both beside and in front of her, weary of leaving her whole body presented to each. For all she knew, the two knew each other from the Basin and were teaming up to hurt or even kill her. Stories from the beach had reached her at one point, warning her of rouge unicorns.

Words: 274
Image Credit

Unregistered
The dark figure there, Illynx, seemed suspicious to me. Yes, I wasn't the type to criticize, or be mean in any way, but her eyes looked dangerous, and she seemed as if she was plotting something as we were talking. But instead of watching her from the corner of my eye, I focused on the other lass, Miss Snowblind. She seemed quite jumpy and nervous, and if the other lass wasn't here, I would speak to her in a friendly, comforting way. But Illynx was making that kind of hard right now. From the beginning I have had a sour feeling about her. "It's a pleasure meeting you too", I said, flashing another kind smile. For a reason, her words sounded almost too kind for her appearance. I shook off the feeling, scolding myself for actually judging her. I didn't even know her, and now I was being plain rude.

The mare quietly agreed with us, and I shot her another look. She seemed very nervous now, studying us with fearful eyes. I took one glance at Illynx, and my heart started sinking. Did she think I was part of the Basin. My heart started violently beating. I did not want to be classified as part of those rude unicorns just because I had a horn. I was kind, I was an introvert. I would never fit to be like one of them. I was depressing myself so much, that my stomach started to ache, and I gave a small wince as I felt churning inside of me. "Say, Lady Snowblind", I said starting out respectful and continuing "Where do you come from? Do you have a herd?" I nicely said, hoping that some sort of good impression would come to her. "And you Lady Illynx? Are you part of the Basin?" I said trying to make small talk.

I was tempted to roll my eyes at the small talk going on. Who truly cared about how pleasant about the day was? Not me. The foals words were weak and I was slowly growing board of the creature. She wasn't as entertaining as I had hoped her to be. I could only hope not every foal was as boring as she was though. The stallion was also proving a bore to me. He was about as interesting as a fly; completely boring and common.

His boring, kind voice spoke again and my ears flicker forward to listen to him. It was small talk again . I was tempted to entertain myself by reviling how disgusted I am by the hornless, quiet, wimp of a foal. I knew that if I ever had a foal that I would never let it be as quiet or weak as she. It would be raised a killer and to know right from wrong and what species was on top, us, the Unicorns.

I decided to keep up my acting a while longer though and start by politely replaying to his question but, the sneaky mare I am, lied. I had only recent returned to Helovia and still would smell of wild lands beyond the land so I suppose what I told them wasn't a complete lie. "I have recently come to this land, but I am going to be here for a while I suppose though that I am classed as a outcast though I call the frozen arch my home." I was curious as to know where he lived but I was more interested in where to foal came from.