the Rift

No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor</style>
World's Edge WeyrLeader
They won’t see me run, who can blame them?
They never look to see me fly, so I never have to lie</style>

For a time, I think I was lost in thought debating the many things that always seemed to haunt my sense of self. Tamira had yet to show herself since giving birth to Essetia, but who could blame her? Life as we knew it had changed… It had also been something of a Godsend after I had healed her from the dark clutches of Myriad- with the help of the Earth God of course. But I wonder if it weighed on her or made her weary. There were bits and pieces of her life that she could not get back and impressions made that were not her own. For what kind of opinion must she have of herself when she was not the sole creation implanted into her shared body? What had it felt like to awaken so far from where your mind was possessed? I could not blame her for her absence in the least because if I had been unable to keep her secret, I fear that she would be ashamed of herself… But the lies were a heavy pain upon my broken heart.

However, all notions of my mate were abandoned as Crven’s small voice broke through my mental walls. She spluttered something incoherent and I turned to look upon her with narrowed eyes. Whatever she had tried to say had been forgotten at the sight of my wings even if they were no longer a hot topic in my mind. But, her eyes seemed to take them in as if they were some foreign object, completely unexplained. I smiled tightly as she backed away, surely contriving nightmares about how I bludgeoned her to death for speaking of my faults. But it was not her responsibility to worry about how I came to be, only that I was and am, before her with wings that will not allow me flight.

They are nothing if not useless and I take no offense to prying eyes, at least not anymore. Though, it would appear that I am not the blackest of sheep in this herd, no?” Perhaps I’d been a bit protective about my malformation, but with so much on my mind and so much to be guarded about, it was hard to find a path in which contained light amongst the darkness. One day I would forgive those faults and rely on them for what they were, but until I could find equilibrium within the chaos, their effects upon my life would have to take little precedent. I would learn to overcome them someday, even if that day wasn’t necessarily this one.

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Thor - 03-19-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Crven - 03-19-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Thor - 03-22-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Crven - 03-24-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Thor - 03-27-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Crven - 03-28-2013, 07:53 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Thor - 04-01-2013, 12:41 AM